FAIRLANES RETIRING???

Just a thought why don't Fairlanes and other bowlers who have bowled there over the say last 40 years or longer have some type of reunion. Basically to say farewell to the centre we all knew and loved. I know I loved this centre when I was a mere 14-15 years old and that was many years ago. I have only been back to Fairlanes once since I have moved Victoria and that was a couple of years ago and boy did it bring back memories.
This is just a thought, what do the rest of you think? Depends when and if something like this goes ahead I would travel back just to say goodbye to the old centre.
Natalie

Thanks for the kind words everyone. A very sad occasion indeed. Apart from having worked as a mechanic at Fairlanes for 18 years I have many childhood memories of visiting the centre in the late 60's and early 70's.
Perth will never be the same without Fairlanes.

Also I heard a new centre being build at Midland, anyone know if this is true?

australind720 said:
Also I heard a new centre being build at Midland, anyone know if this is true?
Yes, 32 lanes, its supposed to be ready by March 2007.
The Watson family and Shane Czerkasow are building it.

Murderdoll said:
In midland? thats a bit far out dont you think? Well for me it is.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Be thankful that there is another bowl being built!!

Perth doesn't need the amount of centres we have to drop. The new Midland Bowl can only be a good thing.

Well I dont oppose it being built, all for it actually. We need the new centre badly. Just was a little iffy about it being in Midland. It just seems so far out thats all.

But if it helps WA bowling grow, then go for it.

Midland will work well im in business out here and the area and surrounds is booming and needs something like a bowl. Closest centre will be morley/kelmscott/cannington so far enough away so no real competition. And also the gateway to the country.

Back
Top Bottom