Round 3 of Next Level Grand Prix Series ***IMPORTANT CHANGES, EVERYONE PLEASE READ***

Ash

I can't think of a title.
NEXT LEVEL BOWLING SUPPLIES is proud to announce Round 3 of the NEXT LEVEL BOWLING GRAND PRIX SERIES.

Due to lower than expected numbers, and in the spirit of trying out new things, We are announcing that this event will be Handicapped.

The handicap system will be 90% of 210, based on your highest league average of 30 games or more. On entry, please nominate your highest league average, and the league and centre you bowl in.

Basic information is a follows.

DATE of event: 1st May, 2011
Cost: $95 Dollars.
9 Games Handicap Qualifying.
Top 4 Bracket Final (1v4 & 2v3 with winners advancing to play off for 1st place)

Check in is 9.00am for 9.30am bowl.

Winner of the event will win 1 new ball of their choice, from one of the following brands:
STORM, HAMMER, COLUMBIA, SEISMIC & MOTIV

The lane pattern is the 2007 EBT Storm San Marino Open Pattern (see attached info)

We've had great turnouts for the first 2 events and we are hoping that you guys will make the trip up to Bateau Bay for round 3.

Please add your names here.

View attachment NLGP-Event-3.pdf

View attachment 2007_EBT_12__Storm_San_Marino_Open_2937.pdf

Re: Round 3 of Next Level Grand Prix Series ***IMPORTANT CHANGES, EVERYONE PLEASE REA

Squad List as of 18/04/2011

1. Andrew Donn-Patterson
2. Alan Shephard
3. Roy Howell
4. Doros Avugutis
5. Adam Gillett
6. Chelsey Downie
7. Brad Stirling
8. Ron Thurston
9. Micheal Marker
10. Neil Buttriss
11. Darryl Buttriss
12. Scott Lutschini
13. Damien Busst
14. John McGrath

OK People. Here it is, a Handicap tournament Just as you guys have been asking for. If we get great support for this event, we will do more of them.

Re: Round 3 of Next Level Grand Prix Series ***IMPORTANT CHANGES, EVERYONE PLEASE REA

Can you remove Scott Lutschini thanks.

Can u pls add Ray and Mick Munro to the list

i think My Highest average is about 202 at the moment at my centre. Will that make me a minus handicap? or just a no handicap?. i dont think My centre does minus handicaps so Zero handicap is exactly that.

no minus big daz....

scratch or 1 or whatever it works out to be.

Hi Guys,

The reason behind the changes in my series are as follows.

I am trying to give bowlers of all levels an equal opportunity to bowl on the sport patterns that we experience at tournamnet level.
By handicapping these events it allows people who would not normally bowlin a Grand Prix or Sports series the chance to bowl and perhaps win an event due to them having a good day and somwe of the scratch bowlers having say an average day.
Scratch bowlers are most welcome as per all our other events.
Also another reason for the change is with this series and the Qubica series targeting the same scratch bowlers about a week apart.It has effected numbers in both series something i do not wish to do.
So my thoughts are as follows.
Handicapping this series allows those looking to become better bowlers, on tougher patterns,to participate and hone their skills before they jump straight into OPEN play.
So as i said the average bowler on a good day can see they have a chance at winning a ball and some cash by turning up to play and allowing them the cushion of using their handicap.
Personally i would like to see all bowlers support both Grand Prix and S[ports Series that are being run in NSW because from personal experience running and sponsoring these events is tough.
So i ask all NSW bowlers to give both series some considerable thought as Ten Pin in NSW is trying to grow and the only way series like these are going to work is to get support from all facets of the game.

i think My Highest average is about 202 at the moment at my centre. Will that make me a minus handicap? or just a no handicap?. i dont think My centre does minus handicaps so Zero handicap is exactly that.

You would get 7 as your handicap DigDaz.

The reason we use 210 as a handicap mark is that with the way league bowling is these days, 210 seems to be closer to what a "Scratch" bowler is averaging these days, so that way, those in the 200-210 range get some handicap, those above 210 bowl off scratch, and thos below get that little bit extra help.

I think Handicapping this (and possibly more) events could fit a current hole that bowling has at the moment, There are bowlers out there that may want to make the step up to tournament bowling, but haven't quite reached the level nessesary to compete in open events.

This can be the stepping stone between league bowling and tournament bowling, where Bowlers and enter events that are run and conducted just like open events, with tougher patterns than league patterns, so these bowlers can develop their skills and get themselves ready for open bowling, all the while having the safety net of a handicap to help make them competetive.

Even though we are adding handicaps, I would like to urge all open and scratch bowlers to participate in these events, the patterns aren't going to change, and after event 2, I know many of you probably wished you had some handicap anyways... It will still help you guys further develop your skills, and it will be good for delveloping bowlers to have the experience of bowling with you.

You would get 7 as your handicap DigDaz.

My appologies for misspelling your name BigDaz, won't happen again.

can u add dave hurst please avg 184 at maitland superstrike

Squad List as of 20/04/2011

1. Andrew Donn-Patterson
2. Alan Shephard
3. Roy Howell
4. Doros Avugutis
5. Chelsey Downie
6. Brad Stirling
7. Ron Thurston
8. Micheal Marker
9. Neil Buttriss
10. Darryl Buttriss
11. Damien Busst
12. John McGrath
13. Mick Munro
14. Ray Munro
15. Dave Hurst

OK People. Here it is, a Handicap tournament Just as you guys have been asking for. If we get great support for this event, we will do more of them

Hi Guys,

The reason behind the changes in my series are as follows.

I am trying to give bowlers of all levels an equal opportunity to bowl on the sport patterns that we experience at tournamnet level.
By handicapping these events it allows people who would not normally bowlin a Grand Prix or Sports series the chance to bowl and perhaps win an event due to them having a good day and somwe of the scratch bowlers having say an average day.
Scratch bowlers are most welcome as per all our other events.
Also another reason for the change is with this series and the Qubica series targeting the same scratch bowlers about a week apart.It has effected numbers in both series something i do not wish to do.
So my thoughts are as follows.
Handicapping this series allows those looking to become better bowlers, on tougher patterns,to participate and hone their skills before they jump straight into OPEN play.
So as i said the average bowler on a good day can see they have a chance at winning a ball and some cash by turning up to play and allowing them the cushion of using their handicap.
Personally i would like to see all bowlers support both Grand Prix and S[ports Series that are being run in NSW because from personal experience running and sponsoring these events is tough.
So i ask all NSW bowlers to give both series some considerable thought as Ten Pin in NSW is trying to grow and the only way series like these are going to work is to get support from all facets of the game.

Well spoken Andrew

My appologies for misspelling your name BigDaz, won't happen again.

No worries at all mate :D

Ill also Add i have 3 averages but with the highest one, im unsure if its been 30 games yet. If not will one of my other averages be the one i go off? Due to bad form and a drastic re-design of my release those other 2 averages are lower. like 190-195. I dont feel thats a fair representation to my current form and i'd like to go off the higher average.

I go in for a league tomorrow night so ill have a look at them all then anyway.

I will be working at the centre for this event. Would you like this put through computer score system with the HCP format? and if there is any other information that needs to done by the centre staff please email the Manager.

Thanks,
Christian

Just to let you know I am still coming and my ave is 206 at rooty hill in the western warriors(tues nights)
cheers
Damian Busst

I will be working at the centre for this event. Would you like this put through computer score system with the HCP format? and if there is any other information that needs to done by the centre staff please email the Manager.

Thanks,
Christian

Christian, Thank you so much for the offer of help, but in my expericence with running these events it is eaiser not to put bowlers into computer score as people put names in and then do show up and also now being HCP event, I will be checking averages until the night before. I have sent youguys the PDF of the pattern but was wondering if you needed anything else. Thank you so much for your help with this event.

ok. My highest average is 197 at Taree Tenpin. League name is Domino's Monday Flexi League. I have a Individual record printout. let me know if u need me to scan it and send, Taree doesnt do online standing sheets

Hi Guys,

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend, and keen to see how this 37ft pattern plays.

See you all there,

Put me down as well

ave 174....don't all laugh at the same time...lol

dont worry tdog mine is crap at the moment too.

Extremely sorry but due to work commitments that I cannot possibly get out of I can now no longer play this weekend, hope you all enjoy it and have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom