Records

S

SAMTHEMAN

Can anyone tell me who currently holds the record in Australia , Male & Female for the most Sanctioned 300's and the highest 3 & 4 game series?
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

No !

Well I think (only think) the 3 game record is Ian Bradford with 856,(pre reactive) if it is not then it would be Steve Wimbridge with 854. (the second one is correct, not sure about Ian's, and his was also pre reactive)
Four games, try either Peter Zambilis or Chris Batson, both over 1100. Check with Chris on that one.
As for 300, no idea, and it would change too often. (make sure with all the answers you get that the game or games are sanctioned)

Good hunting....

Morty has heaps and Besty has been going off as late and might have easily passed that - Ian Bradford I understand was leading the charge for a while but I have no idea how he has been going in recent years.

Besty and Morty if you read this let us know how many you have !!

I have a feeling that there are many more with more 300's than me, I think Batson, Bradford, Jeffery, Douglass, Gardiner at least have more than I and probably many more (esp in Qld).

Abt the only record I hold is for near misses, 3 296's, 4 297's, 3 298's and 1 299.
icon_mad.gif

Brenton,

Eleven games of 296 or more but less than 300!! Most bowlers would die for that record, even if they never pulled off even one of the swag of 300's you've recorded. Congratulations.
icon_smile.gif

The original post did not extend to 5 and 6 game records but your 1,325 for 5 (av 265) and 1,604 for 6 (av 267) in the Canberra Open must have given these two benchmarks a real good shake!!

Hedley, I believe the 6 game record was set in, would you believe, abt 1983 by Paeng Nepomuceno at Hurstville Bowl. The exact number escapes me, but I believe it was a few sticks higher than what I shot in Canberra
icon_sad.gif

high 6 game eries record

for memory, john "mr magic" sullivan threw 267 ave for 6 on the first day qual in the 1983 melb cup at ringwood.....
can anyone varify this for me
icon_smile.gif

I'm pretty sure Sully had 1570-odd for 6. I think Paengs record strech was a 249av for 8. I remember reading Chris Batson averaging 262 for 8 games in a Qld centre about 10 years ago. When i get some more of my old pin actios over here i a few weeks i'll know for sure)

Other records that i know of(i think they still are)

10 games(ATBA records)
Russell Smith 244av(pre reactive!)
Ian Bradford 245av

16 games
Peter Zambelis 246av(SPC centre final)

Anyone know any others?

trev, what about redcliffe open for 2000?i'm not sure besty shot 240+ avg for 16games qualifying and i shot 241 or so avg for 19games m/play.if any one would know it would be you.
hamo
icon_wink.gif

i found out Chris Batson has 16 Sanctioned 300 games, does anyone know of someone who has bowled more?
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

ASIF,
The original post reads records in AUSTRALIA and not the world.

And guaranteed Tim Mack has not bowled 43 x 300 games in this country.
By the way. Tim Mack now has 49 x 300 games.

Maybe the 50th will be at the July High Roller!!

NOTE: Make sure you read before posting.

icon_smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom