Anthony Flynn 887 3 game series - New Australian Record !!

Maybe those 8 free games a week are starting to pay off for young Anthony, If the rest of the Bay city bowling community could get our 416 freebies annually we may be able to challenge the master :roll:

I think there is only 1 major kegal hater in australia.

The machines are fantastic, as they allow for such a variety of patterns to be laid. Where as some of the older machines only allow a 4-1 pattern or easier.

Compared to some bowling countries there are alot of very difficult centres in Australia. Yes there are some ditches, but some people are happy to just average 220 in league and not bowl tournaments.

Personally i think that it isn't the pattern that is the big problem, it is the total lack of oil in general that is allowing 2 rev bowlers hook the lane in league, and I would bowl week in week out in a centre that oiled something like 70 units in the middle, 15 units on the outside, and oiled to 45 ft or more.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HOOK IN A BOX WON'T HELP YOU THERE :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now Craig no reason to get too touchy, I don't hate Kegel's. Fact is it supports my theory of many years, it's the Backends which create the scores.

In fact I've known that for 20 years, I used to use this knowledge to create scores in a couple of major tournaments. In 1985 Silver Anniversary Tournament at Hurstville Bowl, Phillipino Peang Nepamenceno ( excuse the spelling ) shot 249 average in an 8 game qualifying score eventually shot 239 average for the entire tournament. What was done different, washed the day before and coated the pindecks with fresh lacquer the day before, that was a good trick I learned over the years only through observation. 1987 South Pacific at Bankstown, qualifying set a World Record for an Amatuer event, what did we do there, dry buffed the lanes the day before after cleaning with a Brunswick Key( probably the best lane cleaner until the Kegel), First 300 shot in South Pacific finals ( Barbara Richmond ), the next year the lanes were better, dry buffed the lanes every day during the South Pacific.

So the Kegel helps scores through the consistant cleaning, I believe you when you say you have a 3: 1 pattern, I've even said in other threads here that scores will happen even if they put down 2:1 or even 1:1 mainly because of the backends.

So Craig it has been common knowledge" where all high scores are made" did I say WAHSAM.

willey.

i am sick of wayne bagging kegel for ruining the sport

we all know the bowling ball companies are responsible for changing the way the game is played

and those who can't accept that should walk away, no one is forcing you to be involved or interested

wahsam, yes where all high scores are made, quoted in the service manual for all century 100 and 300 machines

It doesn't matter what condition Anthony threw it on, its still a bloody fantastic effort and nothing should be taken away from him for his series. I don't care if he shot it on a 10:1 or even 20:1 pattern its still impressive... you still gotta bowl the ball and get the carry at the end!!!!!

I've never once blamed Kegel,. Bowling is being ruined (Craig's word, not mine) by many other misinformed people and legitimate reasons as well. My fight is not with Kegel but with those who only use it to enhance their scoring pace.

Craig,
Why is it that you never answer my posts when I prove you to be mistaken?

Those who live in glass houses..you know what I mean.

An 887 series is an 887 series. It doesn't really matter what condition was laid down, or even what machine was used, or hand oiled. That is an amazing score. Very well done.
I don't care what lane condition is out there, standing on the approach in the 10th frame for a perfect game is more mental, having an easy condition might help a bit, but you still have to have to keep it together in the 10th. Anyone who says different, obviously have not been on the approach in the 10th for a perfecto. I don't care how many times you do it, the emotions are still the same.
Whats everybodys thoughts?

I agree with Rig. Regardless of what your bowling on a 297, a 290 and a 300 is a damn good score. To do all of them consecutively is simply INCREDIBLE!

Later Da Cowman!

Back
Top Bottom