NEW World 5 man team 3 games series record!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Remember when the Budweiser's 3,858 score for a 5-man team series was the record that was never going to be broken?

Well, there's a new record -- 262.26 per game
----------

ABC ALL-TIME TEAM SCORING RECORD SET

Limo Exchange bowls five-player team series of 3,934 to break old American Bowling Congress mark of 3,905

GREENDALE, Wis. - The American Bowling Congress' all-time record for a three-game, five-player team series fell April 1 when the Limo Exchange team bowled 3,934 at Bowlerama in New Castle, Del.

Bowling in the New Castle County Commercial League, Limo Exchange recorded 1,371, 1,281 and 1,282 games to beat the old ABC five-player team mark by 29 pins. A 262-plus average per man per game paced the record-breaking series.

After the set, team captain Greg Zalano and the rest of his team frantically searched Bowlerama for an ABC record book.

"I have been bowling for almost 30 years and this is the most incredible experience I have ever been a part of," said Zalano. "We're great friends and we were trying to keep each other loose. We had 27 consecutive strikes in the first game."

The old ABC mark of 3,905 was set by the Print Mark Industries team of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. on Feb. 10, 2001.

The first game score of 1,371 broke the single-game Delaware state record by 50 pins while the series bested Delaware's state record by 161 pins. Wayne Romano led Limo Exchange with an 878 series that included 279, 300 and 299 games. Wilmington Bowling Association Hall of Famer Mark Willis added 836 (300, 258, 278), Tony Cassetta Sr. chipped in 792 (257, 258, 277), Tony Cassetta Jr. bowled 716 (257, 247, 212) and Zalano rounded out the squad with 712 (278, 218, 216).

David Chance, Executive Director of the Wilmington, Del. Bowling Association also was competing at Bowlerama that evening. "A buzz started gathering down there. After they were done I told someone to get on bowl.com and find out what the record is," said Chance. "Those guys were tickled."

And this is supposed to be good news?
I'll say something positive though...Nice scores guys.

Back
Top Bottom