300 v 300 - A NEW RECORD ?

Graham

Staff member
History was recorded last night at AMF Mt Gravatt Lanes in Brisbane when what is believed to be the first 300 tie in League in Australia was recorded.

The bowlers - Darren Pashley & Chris Valentine - were bowling in the Showcase Doubles league at Mt Gravatt. The bowlers were bowling head to head for points, when they recorded the 300-300 tie in game 3 of their 4 game league.

We are certain this has never been achieved before in Australia.

Congratulations to these 2 bowlers on this fantastic achievement. For the record, Darren finished with 994 and Chris a 932.

AMF Mt Gravatt has HPL Lanes and uses a Silver Bullet machine.

I must say this was a great effort. I was there to see it and all shots from both players were right in the pocket. To both players, well done, and to Darren, bad luck on losing the game by four pins on handicap. Who would think you would lose on a 300???? What a way to finish the year with 2 300's in the last week of league.

Cheers

Ben

I myself missed this great event but I feel great pride in my good friend Chris for finally gaining his 300 game. So chris not only did you do it once but you have two 300 games in 4 days great job. I look forward to be back in the league next year. Oh & thank you for a great job this year Ben I really appreciate your commitment[/b]

Yeah Graham I'm pretty sure it is a record, for League that is.

I can't remember hearing of too many (If any) other 300-ties going on here in this Country.
Perhaps, only an unsanctioned 300-tie between Terry Wenban and someone else (who's name escapes me at the moment) in a tournament in the mid '80's in Sydney I think, would be one that I've heard of.
I consulted the trusty "Australian Tenpin Bowling" Book produced in 1988 for any other info, but, no dice there.
I'm sure somebody out there will know of any others.

Nice bowling Messrs Pashley & Valentine :D

Back
Top Bottom