Question about CTBA Championships

rpac23

Posse Court Jester
After last years CTBA Championships being cancelled, I am worried about its future.

Will there be one this year? Now that Queanbeyan has closed, there will not be a Queanbeyan City Championships being held anymore. It's safe to say CTBA Championships can take its place.

It would probably be best to hold it mid November as the Brunswick cup is held early December, so some bowlers would prefer to have a small gap inbetween events.

I know of 8 bowlers from Sydney who'd enjoy participation in it this year if it were to be held again. Not to mention a handfull of friends I have there in ACT who'd be willing to bowl in it also.

Let us know, the earlier the better! Keep it refreshed in our minds!

- Richard Palma

I'd expect the number of events to decrease this year actually. There's talk and hopefully action to join the two associations back up and just run a state association, which will of course still hold ACT State Championships.

Short answer (and keep in mind I'm NOT anything to do wtih Capital TBA), I'd be surprised if the event ran

Its a shame that events might be cut down. ACT needs that social bonding that was lost when Queanbeyan Closed. If it were up to me, one more go at a CTBA Championships later this year should decide its fate...

Back
Top Bottom