Queanbeyan City Championships

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
Since the CTBA championships thread was morphing a little over to Queanbeyan, I wanted to move the conversation onto its own thread;

I've had a few queries regarding Queanbeyan City Championships, so rather than continuing to answer individually I'm hopefully going to cover a bit here...

1. I haven't seen an entry form myself yet, so this is all speculative or assumed
2. The style will be a la State Championships, Singles Doubles Teams AllEvents
3. The cost is around $20 to $25 per squad per bowler, of three games
4. All Events is around $5 per bowler
5. A restricted trophy event, and an open trophy event will be conducted. I expect the restricted event will cap around the top of A grade, but that's a guess.
6. I think TQ have a sponsor as usual for the trophy events; guaranteed prizefund for first. This is unconfirmed and my own personal belief.
7. Dates planned are last weekend november, second weekend december. This allows a gap for Brunswick cup in the middle
8. Squad times I'm assume will be no earlier than 8 or 9am each day, and no later than a 6pm start, although more squads may be added late if needed

An entry form will be posted when it's available I'm sure, like I said I'm merely here by request- I'm not part of the board or anything... But I'll see what I can do

And, if you're from down Sydney way, I nominate Richard Palma as a good person to approach if you're looking to offset your costs in terms of travel or accommodation, I expect he'll be getting a crew together down there... Onya Richard :p

Jeff, do I look like a Travel Agency? :p

Yes, i'll be comming down, but I wont have a big crew this time around. I beleive the ACT State Championships were succesful with the numbers I brought in last time, but for some reason, 4 of them didnt like the first weekend. Maybe it was too hard for them? Who knows.

I enjoyed it, and made new friends, and I'll be back for the Queanbeyan Championships, assuming an entry form comes out soon! :(

It was pretty tough on the first weekend, granted, but c'mon... It'll be a bit more normal this time around, Scott's backed that off a bit and I assume that's the condition to be reused (don't quote me on that, I'm just assuming)

As for the entry form, it will be back from TBA with an accreditation sometime in the very near future one would hope.

The gist of it was;
$22 per event
$5 AE (so, $71 for all 3+1)

Squads for first weekend, and morning of 2nd saturday;
9.00 am Singles & Doubles only
10.30 am Singles, Doubles & Teams
12 Noon Singles & Doubles only
Condition Lanes
2.00 pm Singles & Doubles only
3.30 pm Singles, Doubles & Teams

Seniors trophy event 2nd Saturday afternoon, Restricted 9am Sun, Open 1pm Sun, all three $50 for finals, $10 qualifiers.

So work out a plan on that, but be aware it is still TO BE CONFIRMED by Accreditation

Jeff, how many people in the teams event? Trios, 4 or 5 person?

Oh, when is the cut off date for averages?!

Jeff, how many people in the teams event? Trios, 4 or 5 person?
*sigh* someone had to ask... I whoopsied with this, when I compiled the final entry form, I copied the FORMAT for the entry sections that was supplied, but I put five spaces (habit...)

So it should be three I believe...

Oh, when is the cut off date for averages?!
30th September, over 18+ games

Duh-duh duh-duhhhh...

An entry form.

Apologies for the size, it's just so full of sponsor logos!

Attachments

• Final Entry Form.doc
    715.5 KB · Views: 51
The entry form has now been posted to the Entry Forms section; as per [post=163919]this post[/post]

Ladies and gentlemen,

Due to unforseen circumstances, the owner of Queanbeyan Tenpin Bowl have agreed to sell the premises for further resedential development (I believe), consequently Queanbeyan Tenpin Bowl will be closed for trading permanently before Christmas.

Logically it may flow to some of you that we therefore will not be providing the Trophy events champions with free entry into the 2008 event, as there will not be a 2008 event.

On the up side, I've been trying to suggest to TQ association that they should pour a little more money into the trophy events (since they have to disburse their account). I can't guarantee this will happen, but if we can get a bit of interest then it's a high possibility. Certainly Pepsi's sponsorship this year stands, and the guaranteed minimums will be met if not exceeded.

So come on people, let's send this centre on it's way with a successful farewell event. To those of you who haven't bowled in Queanbeyan for a while, the new Kegel lanes are a big difference from the old wood.

Think of it this way, YOU could hold the title of Tenpin Queanbeyan Open Masters Champion for the rest of time... (Or insert your trophy event...)

Jeff

Could you let all know that the second weekend of the Championships are the Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th, not 7th & 8th, as per the schedule you have posted.:eek::confused:

Thanks

Jeff
Could you let all know that the second weekend of the Championships are the Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th, not 7th & 8th, as per the schedule you have posted.:eek::confused:
Thanks
Everyone - what she said ^ up there

You'll find the entry form in the entry forms section is correct though, I believe.

Done ;)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the information on the impending closure of Queanbeyan Bowl, a real shame it is but that is life these days.

In saying that it would be a real shame for something that has been running for 11 consecutive years to just cease to exist, that being the tournament itself. Now i don't pretend to know much about this tournament, the running of and the local participation levels in it but to get the kind of sponsorship you have and for the tournament to be in place for so long i would say that it is very popular and for that very reason i believe that these championships in some form should continue on whether it be under a different name and most definetly in a different bowling centre.

Once again i do not know the history of this tournament but there is definite potential to continue this annual tradition maybe in conjunction with Tuggeranong for instance in what could be a month long ten pin bowling carnival for all bowlers.

What do i mean by this, well how about something like this :

Have the month of bowling considered to be something like the Brunswick ten pin bowling carnival which comprises the following format based on dates for this year

November 17/18 - November 24/25

The Pepsi Brunswick City Championships

Also incorporating a win a spot competition for the upcoming Brunswick Australia and Youth Cup competitions coming up later in the carnival which could be run on the Friday nights of November 16 and November 23 before the weekend or maybe on the Saturday evenings after the squads had been completed on those days

Format being what it is over the 2 weekends for this year with maybe some room to move on squads

November 30th

The Heritage Bay Skins Tournament

December 1-2

The Brunswick Australia Cup

December 8-9

The Brunswick Youth Cup

This would be a bonanza taking in all of the different formats and divisions of bowling without stepping on anyone shoes because the weekends will still be dedicated to those bowlers in there respective divisions and would be a bonanza of bowling for spectators and family alike in the local area as well i am sure being a big opportunity for Tuggeranong bowl as well as Brunswick to get behind the whole bowling community and promote themselves as well, not to mention the fact that you will be thanking Pepsi by renaming the tournament with there naming rights and keeping the tradition of the tournament alive.

Hey it just an idea that popped in my head after i read the post last night and yes i am not aware of the history of what goes on in relation to the running of tournaments in the ACT general area but it could be something to think about which give even more prestige and also make more bowlers aware of this tournament not only on the local scene but Australia wide.

Hope i am not jumping on peoples toes on this or for that matter yours Jeff but just thought it could be an idea that you might want to take to the guys there at Tuggeranong as well as your sponsors to keep this tournament alive because we need more tournaments of this nature to prospor not to be lost to this great game.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Grand vision Michael, and no toe stepping at all mate.

I'll make sure your suggestion is seen by those who count, and we'll see I guess

Ouch! Queanbeyan Tenpin Bowl closing it's doors.

I know this wil affect alot of people. From the locals, the visitors and even the staff!

I've noticed that ACT and its local regions only have 3 centres. Now, only 2! What's happening down there? Is there any plans on building a new bowl? The new Kegal lanes arn't even a year old, they've gotta go somewhere! Somethings gotta give...

Rumour is Queanbeyan bowl may reopen in a new location, but probably not in the ACT area.

Rumour mills have also churned out the possibility of a bowl in the Canberra Airport precinct - but I'd suggest that will take a while to eventuate, if at all.

Two comments at that Clemow;
1. It'd only need to be 12 lanes to replace queanbeyan in terms of size
2. I don't agree anyway, Snow doesn't do anything small, look at Brand Depot :p

Back
Top Bottom