Public Apology

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
As per correspondence received on the 18th of March, 2009 from TBAQ I would like to submit the following.

I hereby apologise to any players, coaches or selectors who took offense to my comments under the forum topic "Why the selectors got it wrong". I meant no direct insult or criticism to TBA, TBAQ or any members of such boards. It was a moment of weakness for which I deeply regret. I have since seen the errors of my ways and in future will, through the correct channels, voice my concerns to the appropriate people via appropriate means.

I am sorry :surrender:​

Does anyone on this site believe George is actually sorry for speaking what he believe to be the truth? ...... looks like TBA / TBAQ has made a power play folks...

Wayne was one of your comments needed on this topic please drop it.

WTF???

Why should he not state his opinion Mick? Are they going to censor Wayne as well?

Not knowing the full details, I can only assume, though to me this sounds like a form of censorship.

This sounds very strange to me ... Since when has any sporting organisation in Australia been able to censor an Australian citizen?

If there is a contract specifically stating to not bring the sport/organisation into disrepute, or there has been defamation or illegal activity of some sort, then ok!

Shall we rebadge TBA/TBAQ to be TBPRC (Tenpin Bowling Peoples Republic of China).

I will be expecting a letter in the mail! :rolleyes: :surrender:

My $0.05

Rhyss.

Listen guys,

To make a public appology needed or not is a big step for anyone.

George i dont think you actually needed to make it as a lot of ppl actually commented, some good some bad, But i wait to say Good on you for it.

As you said your self in your post Fitzy "Not knowing the full details" but you still went ahead and posted some thing????? I dont understand that but any way.

The reason I said some thing was because for any one to get on a public site and say sorry is not easy at all. So I feel there is no need to make things any harder for George he has said his bit now we should move on.

Firstly to George..............It takes a big man to admit you are wrong and an even bigger man to do it in writing on a national site.........By doing that....I salute you.

To those that have to have there say................find out the facts before you have your say because other wise it is comments that are unfounded that cause the most problems even if the best of intensions are intended.

Sandi

Fair enough, I will publicly apologise myself then!

I apologise for having an opinion and stating it. Will never happen again! I apologise to Souths for having the opinion that they would win tonight, again, I was not informed of the result before the match was played! I apologise for all who state their opinion on this site as no one ever really knows everything but they post anyway. I apologise to George as I believe he should not have apologised himself, unless he wanted to, but, as I do not know if he really did want to apologise or not, I also apologise for apologising to him just now. I also apologise for Quantum Physics as SURELY no one really knows WTF it REALLY is anyway! I apologise for Paris Hilton as I believe even she does not know what she is thinking most of the time, so how could anyone else!

Geez, if everyone had to apologise on here for stating an ill informed (or otherwise) opinion the whole site would sound like the above dribble. Wake up people, we have a right to free speech (informed or not) as long as it does not break any laws. I have not done that so you can all shove it up your FA - LMFAO!

Again my $0.05.

P.S. I hope George did not take my comment as making it harder for him as it was CLEARLY in support of him.
<fingers crossed>
I will no longer comment on/too people I support, from now on I will only comment on/too the people I do not support!
</fingers crossed>

P.S.S As George has had his say, shall a moderator please remove this thread as no one but George and TBA/TBAQ knows what happened so there is no further need for anyone to post their opinion any more.

Also, can everyone put a full bibliography on all future posts so that all users of this site know exactly where the information is sourced from, as from now on happychicken does not want ill informed opinions to be posted on this site.

What the **** is wrong with bowling? Seriously!!!

Someone turn this sport into a movie it would make millions.

As per correspondence received on the 18th of March, 2009 from TBAQ I would like to submit the following.

I hereby apologise to any players, coaches or selectors who took offense to my comments under the forum topic "Why the selectors got it wrong". I meant no direct insult or criticism to TBA, TBAQ or any members of such boards. It was a moment of weakness for which I deeply regret. I have since seen the errors of my ways and in future will, through the correct channels, voice my concerns to the appropriate people via appropriate means.

I am sorry :surrender:​

It's alright for their decisions to hurt others but it's not okay to scar them.

I thank you george for standing up for what you believed in and have taken the RESPONSIBILITY for your actions. It's a pity that they can't do the same.

Tony Hamilton

I think every one needs to just leave this subject and all the people in it on every side of the fence alone and move on.

Firstly this is what I enjoy the most…the head honcho’s above say they don’t read this site at all or recognise the fact that it actually helps the sport…YET

George posts his beliefs they all of a sudden feel the need to recognise the site for what it is…Bit of a backhanded compliment I say…Or would oxymoron be a good choice of word …:D

Then what’s even more amusing they DEMAND A PUBLIC APOLOGY on a site they seem to not regard at all…I mean wouldn’t they want it on THEIR you beaut UPGRADED site…
WHY is that I ask…

George is being pulled into line for his comments on not only this, but other things he has said on this forum in the past, by these head honcho’s … I am sorry but this is a personal attack at GEORGE by the powers above…People in high places with hidden agendas…Wow nothing has changed at all hey…

My guess is that they wouldn’t have expected George to post an apology at all and have him removed from the State Team…I sit now and wonder what back up plan this person from the high ground has, now that George has jumped through their hoops…Make the hoops smaller I would imagine…

They make have won the battle but you’re winning the War…

It is difficult to know where to start in commenting on this thread, as there appear to be a couple of issues at work here.

Firstly, I would like to thank George for his apology to the members of the team. One of the perils of online fora is that it is very easy to let off steam without fully thinking about what you are actually writing, or how those words can be interpreted. Perhaps due to over-endowment in other areas, George has demonstrated several times on this site that he only has enough blood left to work his fingers OR his brain :D, so like everyone else I tend to ignore the more dopey things he writes. Even so. there is no getting around the statement in the original post that started the whole 'selections' thread that the highest profile member of the team did not have faith in some of his teammates. And even as a spur of the moment comment made in frustration, I believe that the TBAQ board were absolutely correct in asking for a retraction *on this point*, on the forum where the comments were made.

In a team sport, you don't bag other team members on a public forum. Period.

As far as apologising to TBAQ, selectors, etc, Whatever. I don't know what was in the letter from TBAQ, nor do I want to. I don't believe that George should have been censured for his comments about the selection process itself, nor do I expect that he would have been if his comments had been confined to that subject.

Despite what Jason says, TBAQ through Andrew Shinnie do have a presence on this site, TBA are the ones ignoring it - to their detriment, again IMO.

Fitzy, yes there is a contract stating you won't bring the sport into disrepute, try reading the TBA rule book some time. It isn't that difficult. Then again, I actually understand quantum physics, too, well, sort of. ;)

Commodore 64's were girly computers. Long Live the TRS-80! ;)

PS George - it goes like this: type; read; think; post. :D

Unbelievable there is too!!!! :eek::surrender:

OFFENCE 502 DEROGATORY CONDUCT
(a) Conducting himself or herself in a manner derogatory or prejudicial to the best interests of the game of
tenpins or to the objects of TBA. Including (but without limiting the generality of this provision) conduct
prejudicial to the good order and discipline of TBA.

I had better put in a few good words then.

"I here now, bow down to our TBA overlords, and commend them for the great effort that they do for us and the sport of tenpin! They could not in good conscience do a better job than they are doing now and I thank them and the sport for this. I for one believe that we should all chip in to purchase each TBA board member a gold throne to show how much we appreciate them."

Does this get me in the clear?!?!? :rolleyes::surrender:

Nice clause though, I am sure only the good old government of PRC could come up with a better one. Penalty is a bit soft though! I was kind of expecting;
Suggested Penalty - Beheading

Oh and RobbieB, I always wanted to know how Quantum Physics actually worked can you please explain it?? Though as I have trouble reading, could you please give me a comprehensive explanation, in five words or less?
Cheers mate!

Back
Top Bottom