President Shield Winners

hey,

When i was first bowling there wasn't anyone out there who would come up and coach us, just junior league once a week. A parent suggested i look at taking it further and i met Dr Kee. Maybe you had it easier at your centre but where i bowled we just drifted. Dr started coaching me two and a half years ago, giving up all his time,and spending money to get to the tournaments etc. Lets see who else is out there in NSW who wants this dedication.

The rules have changed and we need level two coaches for sheild, who had to draft for coaches? Dr Kee travels to Bris to help with level two clinics,overseas to help the Youth teams - think the TBA paid all his way? Its hard enough to get the $ for juniors, what does he get out of it. RESPECT

Respect is his pay back and we need to remember this and the others out there making it happen for all jun, youth, adult etc.

No Coach should be spoken of this way. For this level of comp, no coach means no team.

just my obs

Tookey

Re: Presidents shield- a formers prespective

REG said:
MY TIP is for an unheralded to win both masters and hoping anyone but CNSW wins, cos i tell ya from my perspective the Doc Kee factor has been going way way too long!!!

Ive said once before that i dont really get angry at people............here is another exception!!!!!!!!!

Reg oh Reg, please do tell why you think the Doc ed Kee factor has been going on for way to long??
Is it his devotion and class to the sport over the years, or is it the way he will travel all over world to help his bowlers (has travelled with me overseas to help because he wanted too).......no no i know its because he knows more about the game than i will ever know and has the patience and kindness to share what he has learned to any bowler who asks for his help.

Doc has helped me to become the bowler i dreamed to be, a bowler that travels around the world with my closest mates bowling in events im sure you will only here about.

Here is some advice Doc gave me that ill pass on to you.

"Always give respect to someone who earns it, and always compliment the better bowler" (Doc Ed Kee)

You want to say stuff about Central be my guest those boys im sure can take it on the chin, but to throw comments like that about Doc, only show rudeness and disrespect.

Wake up!

Jason Belmonte (Doc Ed Kee fan member)

goodluck or congrat'sto all the winner's i aint sure if it was finished or not i'm sartin to lose track of these tournaments there to many of them hey belmo how r ya mate

Reg, while I am not coached by Doc Kee, this guy has churned as many quality bowlers as any other coach in Australia (although I still believe Frawls is THE MAN!) Doc has earned his spot as a TBA Life Member (or Hall Of Famer, or both, but I know for sure he is one/both of them)and he has deffinatly earned alot more respect then what you have just given him.

Also, I dont know if you have ever bowled President's Shield, and if you did, what year you bowled in. But this will be my 3rd year in the Southern/ACT team and from what I've seen, the people I have bowled arent as stupid as the ones that you must've bowled with if you believe that alcohol is such a problem. The boys and girls I have bowled with have been more focused on representing their State to their best of their ability rather then getting sloshed every night. Now, I can't speak for all the teams, but this is what I have seen, and it evidently worked when last year the Southern Boys won the Boys division for the first time in our history. Something we are proud to have been a part of. Representing your state is an honour. If the people you bowled with, or people you know, drank while in shield, then thats their stupidity. Dont expect that because a single few people did it, everyone does it.

Grow up, and try putting a name to your post.

Later Da Cowman!

Stephen Cowland.

OH DEAR !! i don't know who reg is either but as a person from newcastle i feel really ashamed that someone from here could have this attitude.. i personally haven't had much to do with doc kee but enough to realise how dedicated he is to this sport and for anyone to bag a man who has put so much of himself into bowling is REALLY BAD. as for the other stuff - it is thinking like this that gives the sport a bad name - this is my first year at shield & there have been a few hiccups but on the whole we pull together as a team and the team spirit (not alcoholic) is incredible & i'm sure most other teams are the same - drinking and anything else which would affect our game is not even thought of - so if you reg are an old bowler - times have changed - for the better - obviously!!

I'm not really qualified to give an assesment of who's going to win what, having been out of juniors a few years and not knowing too many of the new faces. But, favouritism is all a state of mind. For some people/teams, being the favourite is a good thing, and some prefer to be the underdog.

In past years, has the so called "favourite" won every time?? There is always the blindingly obvious favourties (Central boys 2000), and then there is the underdogs that came out of nowhere that no-one ever expected (Tassie boys 2002).

As many have said before, NSW, Vic and SQ have been mentioned as "favourites" . What about SA, NQ, Tassie, NT, WA. Most people wouldn't know who half the people are in these teams, making them so unpredictable. I'm sure every team has been working hard to be at there best for July, but i dont really see how anyone can take favouritism into it.

Form will have something to do with favouritism, but no-one is going to know exactly how things are going to play out when the time comes

In other words, dont underestimate ANYONE

Good luck to everyone

:x :x :x :x Reg i have not the faintest idea who you are but after your post you shouldbe very ashamed about what you said about Doc he is the most amazing coach i've ever known and i have only been helped by hi twice butthat was more than enough to help me bring my game it a whole new level so Reg think about what you say before you say it because i have already made that mistake with something else. :x :x :x :x

:twisted: :twisted: i'm tipping NNSW to take the boys and girls titles.

GO VIC!! just take a look at the c/wealth youth training squad. 4 victorians in there and melbourne cup this weekend ant morrell bowled awesome!

we r going to definatly give everyone a run for their money!!!!!

WOO HOO GO VICTORIA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My picks

Boys - VIC
Girls - QLD

Hope everyone as a geat time, do you best, and remerber just have some good old fun!

all i have to say is GOOOOOOO TAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

KriDdLe said:
all i have to say is GOOOOOOO TAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

How much are they paying you to say that???

Derek Adams said:
good luck to everyone but i'm sorry to say that SQ is coming to roll you all!!!!!!!!

Roll us all what? A joint? In that case I point you towards the TBA drugs in sport policy. ;) j/k lol.

boy oh boy didnt we ruffle some feathers....................

Now the system admin of this site if he might?? just like he did to me a couple of years back privated me to inform me of "dissing" people on here, a thing i agreed to inpart by if that falters ones opinion, this i had trouble with....

So if the snoots from CNSW or even anywhere is ataken back by some one issuing an opinion on a coach (whoever) you need to really either use the fat around your waists to good use and grow thicker skin or SHUT UP!!!!
I was in the state team in 96 and i was privy to alot which from all reports hasnt changed abit, for example the sycophants panting and pining at any chance to defend "their" Ed, fair enough the bloke can coach and i agree inpart to a few stars of his which shine still this day even my current number 1 jason belmonte, but lets take it frpom a perspective of a person who was involved at the prime of the state wars between all 3 NSW teams and not someone who had the priviliige to eneter the game when alot died down but memories!!!! Dirty nah thats not me, maybe alittle bitter about past things, and as i said at the top expressing an opinion.................................................... So if ya wanna take personal attacks a bit further anyone, in particular the formentioned fire away, cos i aint started yet.......................................(but if ya wanna be adult about it, ignore me)
NOTE TO SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - be consistent

I don't know who you are Reg, and obviously you are too much of a coward to sign your name.
I am the father of one of the CNSW boys who is currently coached by Dr. Ed Kee.
I think my son has been blessed to be coached by this man.
He has taken a boy with some raw talent and with hard work together, has produced an Australian representative and a damn fine young bowler.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is my opinion that you have swallowed a bag of sour grapes.

I feel sorry for you.

Graeme O'Reilly

Back
Top Bottom