NEW TEAM FOR PRESIDENTS SHIELD 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I think someone should give this boy his medication or is he naturally a dropkick? as a former shield bowler I can say that since Orange as far as I know is only a city/town whatever and not a statezone you DONT have a team in Presidents Shield, Capiche? Good

ADD said:
:twisted: :twisted: oh oh oh i'm going to live it when you are all stuffed up when we start bowling and you wonder why did i open my dumb mouth.

I seriously think you need some help.... Apparently it's not only the glue and pens you are sniffing. Put the crack pipe down... let it go.

Just an update on the King/Flinders island team... Apparently they have had to draft 2 people. They are Wayne Kerr from Maria Island and an asian imigrant from Bruny Island, Sum Dum Gai. Rumours have it that a nasty accident happened on one of the practise roads on King Island. They mistook a goat for a sheep when trying to lay down a pattern, and got butted into next week.

More info when I get it.

OK, lets do some simple maths.
10 teams as - Mikel - listed earlier.
1.ACT & Southern NSW
2.Central NSW
3.Northern NSW
4.Northern Territory
5.North Queensland
6.South Queensland
7.South Australia
8.Tasmania
9.Victoria
10.Western Australia

'Western Warriors' makes 11, hmmm. Ok so either a team sits out a round... every round, or we have a pacer team, or perhaps even a 12th team. 12 teams means 22 games (play each team twice and you don't play yourself... 12x2=24-2=22). Now to have equal amount of games each day you either have to have 11 days of 2 games, or 2 days of 11 games... Neither is practical. Also, Illawarra StrikeZone, the centre holding the 2004 Junior Nationals and 'Western Warriors' inaugural year in Shield has a boot scooting 24 lanes. Thats just enough, it'll be chocka blocka! GREAT!! Pity about the guys who want some practice lanes while they aren't bowling in the team. This would also mean that every centre to hold Nationals from now on will need about 28 lanes to enable people to still practise, unless the cafe is laying a condition out in carpark, and since I work in X-Zones cafe/Resturant, I can confidently say... no oiling the carpark.
I've met ADD in person, he is a nice guy, and i'm sure this is a little bit of confusion. If its true then my god we will be all rather embarrassed. But Oragne isn't a big enough centre to produce 7 boys and girls that are competitive at National level. Sure some argue that neither is Ta.... I might just stop there. (JOKES PLEASE!!!!) I also believe that Orange is covered by the Central area.

Can't wait til Monday when the teams are announced.

Later Da Cowman!

I've watched this pan out and hold myself from replying but i cant help myself.

I don't know how to say this without being mean....so im just gonna be mean.

You are so bloody lost its not funny mate, a single bowling centre would NEVER get a team put into presidents shield, letalone ANY other team. The amount of teams lines up perfectly with the amount of games played and everything along those lines.

Lay off the chems man, and i promise you this, if a team called "Western Warriors" gets into presidents shield then ill walk around the bowl with a sign saying "I admit i was wrong ADD was right all along" BUT if the dont, same in return thanks :)

Peace to all, see ya's all at shield!

androooo said:
There is in fact 12 teams... I have heard King and Flinders Islands are submitting a team. Sure, they don't have a centre between them, but apparently they have been practising throwing a cheese wheel up and down a gravel road, conditioned with sheep crap, at coke bottles.

I still say that sounds better than bowling on that dog crap at Devonport :?

As far as I know of, the only entire state side that has been fielded from ONE centre (Shield & Rachuig) was Tasmania in President Shield between about 1974 and 1983 or something, and Rachuig between 1963 and 1983-ish, when all bowlers came from Moonah - That was because Moonah was Tasmania's only centre at that time.

I'll ask John Dobson about it and see what he knows.

Many moons ago, the president shield consisted of a team from the rural areas of Victoria and NSW. The team was called Murry Riverina......and we wore the proud Purple shirts....

The centres that made up this team were Wagga, Albury, Shepparton, Wodonga and Griffith....

On many occasions the entire team (both boys and girls) were made up of bowlers from Wagga...

Sadly the ATBC disolved the team in the early 90's and the new zones of Central NSW, Northern NSW and ACT & Sth NSW took their place. :cry:

I think is was due to this fact that centre at Wagga lost alot of junior bowlers and as such have now closed.....

Bert

Even if ADD isn't right in thinking Orange are going to field a team in Shield all us novices have learnt a lot about the way Shield is played & its history from this discussion. It has been an interesting topic. Good luck to ADD either way - but don't get so upset about it man - you will either be proved right or wrong!

OKay, okay i just think that he was confused, and dont make him feel even more stupid, than he feels already, maybe u should go to the bowl and talk to people there.... :? :? :?

:twisted: :twisted: listen i didn.t post this topic to anger people i did it to just say that there will be a new team in the presidents shield and if you want to find out ask david rosser or aldo belmonte they'll tell you the truth.

I would quite honestly believe you in the fact that you are not posting to create anger and that you are just informing bowlers that there will be a new team in the 2004 President Shield but I have personaly spoken to Peter Coburn (tba Chairperson and national events co-ordinator) and he has confirmed that the list I posted (Below) with 10 teams is the final list .
- Mikel - said:
1.ACT & Southern NSW
2.Central NSW
3.Northern NSW
4.Northern Territory
5.North Queensland
6.South Queensland
7.South Australia
8.Tasmania
9.Victoria
10.Western Australia

State

Hey man

i am one of the Orange Bowlers, and we have had a team in the challange shield at State for the past 2 yrs, and we had 2 boys and 2 girls teams in last yr, so i cant c how we have run out of bowlers. This year we have just Orange bowlers not like last year how we had Dubbo and Bathurst bowlers in our team.

thank god for the orange bowler!!! now we know it aint president shield but the CHALLENGE SHIELD...

Thanx for shedding some light on it

As for the shovel, he needs more than that muahaha

Nationals - 2004 PS

I hope this is alll sorted then.

We have bowlers going down 2 bowlin the nationals, but we do not have a team in the 2004 President Shield. But we will be in the State challange.

ADD said:
Hey all i thought i would inform everyone that a new team will be in the 2004 presidents shield and this team is the western warriors from orange and we are going to ruffle a few thevers in the presidents shield so watch out.

Adam we are not have a team for President Sheild, only Challenge Sheild. Retract what you said. don't use Orange bowl name without seeing me first Aldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom