President Shield Winners

I think the Sq girls are goin to win by a mile, but the boys have their work set out for them. I think the boys will be close but they still should win.
GO SQ!!

hey guys,
yes, another person hear to make what may seem like a very bias oppinion about her team. but what ever way you choose to see it, i have a strongly supported point.

why i think our team will win? thats one of the reasons right there. no one says this is MY team. to everyone, it is OUR team. we all know just what effect we have on the rest of the team. we all get along, and make an effort to do so. we have done so much training it is not funny. we have so far had 2 camps with a 3rd one on this weekend, with not only physical training, but also mental/emmotional. we also have a team full of a variety of shots and styles with the ability to play just about anywhere on the lanes.

face it guys, whether you like it or not, northerns gonna be up there this year and i'm gonna be cheering the loudest. just look at challenge sheild. girls dominated, boys got unlucky. over all, as a team, we rock.

love you all!
Jess

Yeh Jess!!!! My thoughts exactly - but the non believers will have to wait til Nationals to find out just how well we work as a TEAM!! - You forgot to mention we have the best coaches & support network EVER!!- Your Dad included. But you need to change your address - you are a Northern Girl now!!! See you on Friday !!

Being from Northern myself... yeah sure... I'm bound to go for Northern... but the team has developed over the past months... not only can Northern pull together as a team... they play the best the possibly can at ALL times... As Jess mentioned... look at Challenge Shield at State... The girls dominated... and the boys just became unlucky that day... but the important thing is that we bounded as a team... I'm sure when i say this that i am speaking on behalf of the team... we are greatful that our coaches, managers and everyone involved with supporting Northern have done a great job...

The winners of President Shield won't be determined until the completion of the third day... it's up to what the teams pull out... but i'm sure i can say that Northern will be up there in team spirit...

- Jacki

ok hi,
i just want to make one quick comment CENTRAL girls may be the underdogs this year but just wait till nationals, we will come through and show u all what were made of!!
:) Marnie
GO CENTRAL GO!!

your talking about underdogs?? well why do u consider nsw central, sq, act/southern and vic as underdogs??

Its true, everyone will be biased to their own state, and rate either of those teams as underdogs, but the true UNDERDOGS are 3 states that havent even got bad credit. Im talking about Tasmania, NT and WA (SA would be in there, but me thinks they have a strong team)

If any team will stir things up this year its those 3... Im pretty sure every year they give you a run for your money

roof roof roof...

there u go cowman, us boys have barked for u!!!

My tips (and i will bet $40 on this)

Girls:
1- South Queensland by 10 points over
2- Victoria
3- ACT and Southern NSW

Why??? Sq girls are so strong, if not for the first day last year they would have been runaway winners. so deep and powerful especially bianca and yvette but all the girls will be there around top 12 all-stars.

Boys:
1- South Queensland by 12 points over
2- ACT and Southern NSW
3- South Australia

Why??? Too much power. who cares if u won Challenge Shield and bowl their week-by-week, SQ will just be too powerful, and most of us are ave 205 on that condition down there. oil is scarce up here but we do know how to put it down and how to bowl on it.

Overall:
1- South Queensland
2- ACT and Southern NSW
3- Victoria

Bye for now!!!

Hey Phaggy, I think you're gonna need insurance making claims like that. If too many people take up that bet you're gonna be working the rest of your life to pay them off.

And what the hell do you mean "who cares if u won Challenge Shield and bowl their week-by-week". Somehow I think that might have a little more relevance than your team supposedly "ave 205 on that condition down there", how would you know if you're not down here week in, week out. And what is this talk of "Too much power" "will just be too powerful"? Get your hand off it mate, sounds like you're trying to compensate for something.

I just suggest to you that perhaps you go & find some facts, you know, SOLID RELEVANT EVIDENCE, of your supposed skills, that way you wont sound so damn arrogant.

and most of us are ave 205 on that condition down there

Backing up Brett's comments, how can you possibly know you average 205 on the condition that will be down for nationals, you may average 205 on the same PATTERN, but you will not be able get the exact feel on the lanes, that is unless of course you are coming down here to practise on the pattern :lol:

Not saying you can't shoot these scores on any pattern, just telling you that your not bowling up there on what your going to meet down here, and to prove im not taking a shot at you guys, you will infact average higher most likely because strikezone is a centre built for high scores. No matter what the pattern is.

Later

Well we have all had our fun on this particular topic, but theres only one thing missing.

How about some of those infamous BELMO odds for shield and masters, only of course if he's up to it.

Later

I've read over all the posts and I must say there will be some good competition this year at shield.

However, I still think that the Vic Girls will win. Look at the bowlers in the team.. there is definately depth in the team.

Cassie: Recently selected for the Aus Youth team going to Guam after a run of great performances, Blacktown, Hong Kong, Morwell etc

Tracey: Asian School rep and top all star of last year, with no doubt in my mind that she will make the all stars again.

Courtney Murdoch: This gal is great and has made the cut at almost every youth tournement she has bowled in!! I think she has missed 1 cut! :roll: \:D/

Jess Ryan: Finished 3rd in Morwell, no doubt she will rise up to the occasion in Illawarra. :wink:

Alicia Garioch: Bowled last year in the draft for Tassie, but this year she's bowling for her home state, kick ass girl!! 8)

Katie Arnold: Experienced and consistant.. Not to mention the funniest person you will ever bowl with in your life. "DERK!" (The parrot noise) is bound to get any team annoyed! (Except Vic of course!) lol :D :D

Amanda De Lange: Don't know much about this girl, but no doubt she will bowl well. :bday:

Queensland do have a strong team and it will be great to watch I'm sure, good luck to all the teams involved.

VICTORIA ROX!!!!!!!!!

hehehe "DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERK!" better get use to hearing that everyone :D

:D GO VIC GIRLZ & GUYZ YOU ALL ROCK NO MATTER WHAT!!! :D

i love yaz all always Skatie =P~ xoxo

P.S LALALALAAAAAAaaaaaaaa :wink:

=D> GO VIC GO =D>
You Ladies are great and can kill it. Show them all and defend it from last year. Love ya's

As for the guys, They are pretty damn good!

Goodluck everyone
Debra xoxoxox

Presidents shield- a formers prespective

Ok, Before i go full ball and tell you my opinion, just remember every is entitled to one!!!

I find it quite amusing that a few on here have tipped NNSW to win, and a few SQ, BUT BUT did we all forget that therehas to be a week or so of "bonding" before the state reps even get onthe lanes, this i have found from 1997 till now to be thew biggest killer of talent we have out there. Although guardians and at a lesser extent coaches have the "moral" high ground over there charges, they still cannot stop joe blow from groggin it up on the ball or even mary white from ACT taking a shine to jack black from NT ( the example im trying to portray is no matter how hard they train both mentally and "physically"-that in itself is a joke- they will always be overwelmed in the situation) a fne example is Maxine losing the masters way back and on the other hand Zerlinda Mills outdoing everyones expectations!!!!

So ina nutshell, noone can be favourites and as with all state bowls comps throughout, Alcohol, sleep deprivation, alcohol,personality clashes within, alcohol and maybe even deifance all comes into play!!!!!!! MY TIP is for an unheralded to win both masters and hoping anyone but CNSW wins, cos i tell ya from my perspective the Doc Kee factor has been going way way too long!!!

let me comment on that reg

i dont know who u r and frankly i dont care. look as though u dont like central for ur own reasons. in my book there are a few favourties to win masters and these ppl are favourites because they have put in the hard work and have earned the right to be called a favourite.

as for saying some thing like 'the Doc Kee factor has been going way way too long'. probably the dumbest thing ive read on here for a while. doc had produced alot of great bowlers before. names like maxine, belmo, jarrod and most of the unstopable 2000 boys team. allthough this was in the past he still coaches belmo, jarrod and maxine wen ever he can. this year only a few months back, he took away the youth team to hong kong. it was the most succesful aussie team to ever go overseas. doc was the guys coach and they came back with 3 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze. two of the boys in this team are coached by doc. all credit to the bowlers that won these medals but u cant say that the coach had nothing to do with it.

as for shield we have a good team this year lead by matty sing captain( i wont start on wat this kids won), myself vice, and a very solid team with brady, marc, aidan, curits, and steve. pretty much coached by doc.

so u can diss and say wat u want bout the bowlers from central but show a little respect for a man whos given up so much of his time to helping and makein the bowlers from this area the best we can be. i know its ur opinion but show a little respect.

if ur gonna put sumones name on a post at least have the courage to leave ur own.

thanks bobby

Bobby,

Well said mate !!!

Reg,
i dont know why you mentioned Doc in your post but looks like you dont know much about this guy.

As bobby said, pay out anying bowler you want but dont go bagging a guy that gives up the majority of his time (free of charge) to help young guys out who want to bowl.

In my opinion he is the best coach in the country.. you might probably say of course i am going to say that but if u ask the likes of Brando and MattyO the other two guys in the Aust team about Doc i can ensure you they will tell you he knows alot about the game and helped them a fair bit over in Kong Kong and had a major role in the medals won.

I can tell you right now if i had not been coach by Doc Kee for the previous 4-5 years i would not have been half the places i have been !

Back
Top Bottom