Polish or Sand????

Trent083

Ive got a tournament in Port Macquarie on the weekend and Ive got to get something done to my ball beforehand, they've changed the oiling patterns at my home lanes and made them around the medium mark, as far as im aware the lanes we are going to be bowling on are pretty well oiled aswell (not sure)

My problem is I dont know whether to get the ball sanded or polished, I need a little more bite, which should I do???

heya, ok well you should know what polishing or sanded does to a bowling ball but incase you dont, polishing will make the ball skid or go down the lane further and will make it snap more on the back end of the lane, sanding will do the opposite, it will make the ball hook more but the reaction wont be as hard. So if the lanes at where you are bowling are going to be heavy, i suggest sanding. But for what you want out of the ball with power and everything polishing would be the way to go.

Hey dude polish ur ball for port they some dry lanes there. all depends on your shot to most new south lanes r dry to me.but if ur lucky like some of us u might have 2 balls.

Last time i bowled at lismore they were dryer id say then port so u might even want to leave em sanded just all depends on ur shot..

I try and go down the outside 3 or 4 board on the righthand side, so I need a reasonable backend reaction, last time I had it sanded it was great, so I might try that again.

Back
Top Bottom