Ball Sanding

MinusZero

>LOAD "Something",8,1
Recently I have moved from bowling on Wood lanes to Synthetic lanes. I used to get a decent hook on wood lanes with a good back end but since moving to synthetic, my amount of hook has dropped.

I bowl with an Ebonite V2 Sweet which is polished.

I am considering getting it sanded to get more hook on synthetic lanes.

Can anyone give me advice on sanding my ball like what grit etc i should get it done at.

:confused:

How long since you cleaned the ball? That can make a big difference, especially on an older reactive piece. Sanded balls are mostly for serious oil volumes, more than you'll see in league play. Using one in every day play will hurt your release over time. They also hook earlier and not necessarily more, as they are prone to rolling out.

Sanding is a last resort. I've seen it a thousand times before. Guy gets a bigger ball and in two weeks hooks it just the same as the old one. Clean the ball first in hottish water and dishwashing detergent, then rinse with warm water and dry it out thoroughly. I think you'll get most of your hook back. Failing that, practice more of the right things and your hook will return with improved carry as a bonus.

Hi Minus Zero,

Mate i believe that oob for the V2 Sweet was 1000 abralon and then polished with factory finish

I would try sanding the ball with a 500 abralon pad and then polishing the ball with factory finish,or if you still dont like the reaction,i would then sand the ball up to 2000 abralon and trying that and if this is still not what you are looking for,you could then go down to 1000 abralon and see if the reaction inproves.

Cheers

Paul K.

I clean the ball religiously after every series with Ebonite Powerhouse Energizer and have done since day one.

I do already have the Ebonite Factory Finish polish, so i might give it a go first.

Otherwise, I might try to get hold of some Abralon pads and try that.

Thankx

Back
Top Bottom