deadzones

Troyza

Flash
Hi guys, I haven't used the search function, so I'm sorry if something like this has already been explained.

Being from a center that has wooden lanes, & quite an old oiling machine (that is quite easy to block the condition) when I go away to bowl on synthetic, I'm finding either MASSIVE dead zones, or majorly burned out edges.

What my question is, can deadzones be a result of the synthetic surface brand? Or is it always purely dependant on the oilling condition?
I understand that compared to wood, synthetic lanes are harder & have a smaller ball 'footprint', thus technically the level of friction is reduced.. perhaps resulting in an exagerated flooded edge? Playing these lanes isn't really a problem as long as I am on target, but I was just heavilly curious after hearing that in particular, brunswick PLS play wet down the edge deliberately to eliminate bumper bowling. Would be super cool to practice on I reckon.

Thanks!

Brunswick Pro Anvilane does play very slick. It has the least friction of any surface.

Coming from an EXTREMELY high friction surface (wood) to the slick surface will make a huge difference. Your bowling ball just thinks it's more oil... It doesn't know that it's a different surface.

More surface on you ball will definitely help. That way the ball can read the surface of the lane better.

Once you have the correct surface on the ball, you can have as much bounce of the outside as any lane... AS LONG AS the conditions allow it.

Troyza, what I have seen and experienced with Synthetics is the WAVES down the edges of the Lanes, this is where they are screwed to the timber underneath. I have spoken to Installers about this effect, they insist you cannot measure those depressions with a Feeler Gauge but to me you can see them and the Ball reacts as if it hits an Out-of-Bounds they must have the same effect as the old Ski-Sloping we used to have on re-surfaced lanes.

Just my opinion
willey

Back
Top Bottom