over / under

Morich Man!!

I have been looking at ball reviews in the States lately, and the term "over / under" reaction comes up a lot.
Can anyone please tell me what this means, and what is it referring to??
Thanks.

We have had a reply from a source in U.S.

This is what we have found out...

"Over/Under is a term used to refer to lane conditions. Most times, the bowler is refering to the inside part of the lane (from around 2nd or 3rd arrow on the right to the 2nd or 3rd arrow on the left) is extremely heavy oil, and the outside part of the lane is extremely dry. When you keep the ball in the heavy oil, the ball will under react. When you get the ball out into the dry it over reacts. The best solution is to drill a bowling ball for this type of condition. With the proper layout, you will be able to play this shot rather well.

I find that pearlized balls are the worst on these type of lane condition. A ball with a dull finish will grab the lane slower and more smoothly."

I hope this is a help to all those who did not know.

Nerdy...

I often hear (and use) the term OVER / UNDER when referring to a broken down condition - where one line or ball doesn't turn at the breakpoint - sliding down on the carry down, and where an adjustment of line and/or equipment grip to early on the lane (breaking in the area of the lane where the conditioner has worn thin - carried away).

Hope this helps !

Back
Top Bottom