new ball

scooter

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some ppls opinions. I'm looking to buy a new pearl in the next month or so and being from tiny tassie we don't get to see a lot of new balls first hand, only get to look at reviews.

Just wondering what seems to be the 'latest and greatest' pearl ball.

What do you use?? What's it drilled to do??

I have no real preference in manufacturer ... but have been sticking to Storm or Columbia lately ..... any feedback appreciated!!!!

Cheers ...
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

If you have been using pearl balls, and storm as a preference, you may find one of the "HOT" series as being a preference as a ball.

Have seen a few vic junior bowlers having a chuck with them, as well as Jarrod Lean from NSW has one of them.

Probably best checking out Storms website and seeing what they have to offer.

Track has a new one out which is readily available called a EMB XF (xtra flip). I've won a tournament in QLD with mine and placed in 2 others. It has got me out of trouble heaps, not to mention the 985 in league I bowled with it last night.

It offers good length and will always get through the heads. The most important thing though is that it offers a smooth transition from oil to backend which means the ball doesn't jump, rather it arcs really really hard with little of no roll out.

I know Heritage Bay has a few, your pro shop could order you one if you need it! As for drill specs, if you choose the XF I would be happy to assist you in drilling to suit your style and what you want the ball to do, just let me know.

George

Scooter.....The old Wolf finally died eh??
icon_biggrin.gif

In the Storm line, I'd agree with Milkie, and say one of the Hot balls....Probably the Hot Shot, or if you want something a little stronger, the Too Hot.

As far as Columbia I'd look towards the Messenger Pearl, but I've heard the Reaction Rip is awesome.....Nice and clean, with a scary backend.

Having seen you bowl a fair bit, and depending on what you want it to do, I'd probably go with a 4 3/4 x 5 drilling on them...good length, with a bit of a pop on the back

Back
Top Bottom