I NEED A NEW BALL

Well Baron
I am quite surprised you havent drilled a Trauma already, I would have thought both you and Wimpy would have punched one out by now!!

I think you both will love em, alot of guys here are using them and very well to I might add.

GIDDY UP !!!!

Release Bwian

Scoops,

Mate it is really good to hear from you, yes it has been a long time between drinks.

Now between you, Tom and Steve Jones there is a hell of a lot of bowling knowledge and I have taken on board everything that you all have said and have come to one conclusion.

You are all absolutely right. In my attempt to give Visionary a big plug I have inadvertently made it sound like I was slagging the other companies, which was in no way my intention. There are a lot of good companies out there, who make excellent quality balls.

Steve(Jones), for what it is worth up until I got my Visionary gear I was primarily bowling with a pearl green Combat Zone which I was averaging 210 with so I know that Brunswick make excellent balls.I apologise profusely for my erroneous statement, and in future will make sure of ALL the facts before I go making any statements on these forums.

Tom - You are a legend in the true sense of the word, and if I can achieve half of what you have by the time I get to your age (no pun intended) I will be very happy.

Scoops - Mate, you were a super bowler (and one of the true characters) in juniors and, you carried this into seniors and really made a name for yourself. The game definately needs more people like you. When you come back to Oz, I'll shout you a beer or 12.

To all who have read these posts I am living proof of the old saying "It is better to say nothing and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

See Ya on the Lanes
icon_biggrin.gif

Howdy Steve

only 12 Beers goodness I hope that is only for starters it can be a dry arguement over here especially if the pay isnt on time. 12 Beers here could but you 3-4 cartons back home, so I'll take u up on it.

No I wouldnt agree that by saying what you said made you look like an idiot or more to the point replying and admitting it wasnt 100% correct makes you more of a person than some of the other Dorks that come in here and post ridiculous things.

And whats this I was a good player does that mean I am a complete hack NOW, well I will have to come home via Nth Queensland and prove to you That I am as much of a Hack as I ever was, complete Hack!!! lol

I only beat a few people from time to time cause of the nice things I use to whisper in their ear or the flatulence on the lanes (Ala rachuig 89 WA v QLD) If I remember rightly you were there at Mt Druitt.

But all in good fun and I'm enjoying the game more now than I ever did.

Whats this Brunswick make superior bowling balls trying to sponsor ship of Jonesy now aswell.

And calling Tom a Legend wont get you a beer from him, not unless your FUBAR material, mind you I think you have some of the qualities we look for in a bowler.

Take care buddy

GIDDY UP!!!

Tom, Alan and Steve - sorry for the delay in responding to your posts but I have been travelling for the past ten days.

Steve - thanks for your comments, I appreciate that there was no malicious intent in your posts - but it was clear that I had to set the record straight and table the facts about how Brunswick controls ball production and quality control. If you were in my position you would have no doubt done the same thing - that's one of my responsibilities, defend our market position - it comes with the job. Glad to learn of your on-lane success with our equipment - maybe over time we can swing you back our way - then again, what you are using is pretty good technology too. Ultimately ball selection [for elite bowlers] largely boils down to physical and physiological comfort level - most equipment out there is pretty solid [technology wise I mean] so other things generally determine a players choice [sponsor contracts to manufacturers being one of these of course].

Tom and Alan - thanks also for the kind words and support. Tom - I will try and get some technical data that Graham Williams can post on our high tech ball production techniques and related information that may be of interest and is not mind numbingly boring to read, or somewhat [competitor] sensitive to post. Let me have a little time please to see what I can source from our Muskegon, Michigan ball plant.

Alan - how's the heat? Nice spot Bahrain in September - if you like living in a microwave oven that is! Be well...stay cool.

Regards

Steve Jones
Brunswick International Limited

Hi all
To Mr Jones
Firstly it is great to see that this site that graham has worked tirelessly at has attracted the attention of at least one bowling company.Secondly I was wondering if you would be able to give some answers to my post about sponsorship(Not for me personaly)but what your company(as an example) would look for or expect from any sort of sponsorship agreement.Now this not a request for sponsorship but just trying to get an idea on what company's look for when they do sponsor events/tournaments.
Looking forward to your correspondence.
Till next time
Tryhard

Yeah good on ya Jonesy

A microwave would be a cool change...lol
Extreme heat would be too kind of an expression, I just hate the weather reports for the following day, cause they LIE....

The temperature will be 42Max & 36 Min what they forget to add is the Humidty 150%+++

The next day they inform you of the apparent temperature and fro teh last 2 weeks in August must have averaged 48-52 Beautiful..NOT!!!!!! lol

Then the locals to add salt into the wound say that this has been a cool summer, lol will have to recheck my contract lenght.lol

Actually not that bad as long as you can get down to the Happy Hr for some light refrshment at the British Club

Good to see your still keeping an interest in the Aussie Site, can get some good discussions on here at times

GIDDY UP!!!!!!

I just found this thread from 2001 about Visionary gear (well at least some of the thread) . It's a wonder nobody (or hardly anybody) knew about these fantastic balls earlier. Obviously they are a proven formula. Maybe one day I'll get my hands on one!

Thats funny Timmee. From the email Lane 1 forwarded to me that you sent to them a couple of weeks ago, you sounded like a Lane 1 man forever in that? ;)

Ronnie mate too true. That's why the one I have is my favourite ball. However, I can't afford to buy new gear. Therefore I have to make do with using what I already own, and unfortunately cannot purchase any more Lane #1 gear at this time. As an unsponsored player it is still quite reasonable to try other brands if you can afford them, but as I say unfortunately I cannot. I have never thrown my own Visionary ball, but I hear great reports from many people about them. Curiosity ;)

What I can say, is that Lane #1 make the best rolling ball on the market from my perspective, and it suits my game perfectly. Whoever said that a diamond core was a silly idea is eating their words. Lane #1 balls have the best carry of any ball I have ever thrown. I'm sure Leon could tell you the same thing after 2 300's with the Hybrid and 18 in a row on Wednesday night!

The point of me posting in this thread was because I didn't know Visionary had been in Australia for so many years, I had never seen one in my life until this year. I might never throw one of their balls, who knows.

Therefore as far as I am concerned, Lane #1 is still my favourite brand. That hasn't changed :) But you are most aware of that, given your correspondance with somebody else a couple of weeks ago on my behalf ;)

See you soon.

Bit of an oldie but a goodie this one, looks like a few things have changed since then, Visionary is going strong, those asian Zones made it here and people love them, Brenton aint a track guy anymore(i'll get around to picking up that solid heat2 one day mate!!) About the only thing that hasnt changed is George is still arsey!!!:cool:

Hey Telly Tubby correct me if i am wrong but werent you not with visionary staff years ago (lol) and then got frustrated with your game then switched to Hammer which brought you a win in Cairns and two top ten finishes in Rachuiq? Just wondering did you go back to Visionary this year at all? And how have your results been?

Oh and scoops did someone mention beer? :D :eek: :p :cool:

Sam Nucifora Jnr
Trackstar bowling products.

There is nothing more damaging to a reputation for a manufacturer, distributor, or proshop than misguided information such as the sale of factory seconds.

Hearing from Steve Jones was a godsend.Maybe certain proshops in Brisbane should take note.I would love to hear from Mike Quitter on the subject of the manufacturing of Ebonite and Hammer bowling balls, answering to the same question.Not that the answer will be any different.

Thankyou Steve, hopefully people have taken notice of your comments.

What a blast hearing from Tom Kury. If you're reading this post Tom, we met a long time ago when you walked into the workshop of Milton Tenpin Bowl in Brisbane ,20 years ago and sold a long haired lout AMP superannuation.I still have the super fund, but the hair has disappeared. I had a great deal of respect for you then, and that hasn't changed. And yes to quote funky chicken, you are a legend!

And a quick word for "baron".You mentioned Carol in your thread.I am hoping you were refering to Carol Gianotti.If so, please pass on a message, that I hope to see her at Richlands Bowl this Christmas if she makes her annual trek across to Brisbane to see her brother.

Once again to Steve Jones, thankyou for your insight into the maufacturing of bowling balls regardless of the company you represent. And to use Toms pun , it is a case of DNA...."Don't know Anything" for those who beleive in the factory seconds "myth". Hopefully those who think otherwise, that myth is busted.

Tim, if you are interested in getting your hands on a Visionary ball.......speak to me. I am sure we can work something out in order to get your hands on a Frankie May.

And to the poor guy who simply wanted to know what bowling gear he should use, George is right ......Track and Columbia are fantastic gear. Steve too is correct in saying the Brunswick label make quality equipment.So does the popular Visionary brand , Lane 1 , Ebonite and Hammer, Storm and Rotogrip, Dynothane, Lane Masters, Morich and any other brand of bowling equipment.
Your options are open wide.More so than ever.

Best regards,
Gavin
AMF Richlands Proshop

steve_jones said:
Mr Hunt - clearly, as you will have determined, it is unwise to blindly repeat misinformation - no matter what the source. In a public forum such as this intentionally tabling misleading information is in fact far more perilous than you might imagine. Perhaps this is the reason why so many people use pseudonyms.

Into this very context so the question from "gusman" falls. But to clarify the situation for the information of others, Brunswick certainly does not send ball "seconds" to any market - it defies any reasonable logic to think this would be the case. The minuscule quantity of balls that fail to meet our QC standards [or do you imagine there are hundreds or even thousands perhaps, be assured that our manufacturing facilities are as fail-safe as is technically possible] are simply destroyed - why on earth would we jeopardise our name and reputation by doing anything else. As for other ball companies and their equivalent policies - you would need to ask them.

Steve Jones
General Manager - Asia & Pacific
Brunswick International Limited

Hey Sammy,

Mate I was never on the Visionary staff, I just gave their balls a go in 2001/02 and really liked them. You are correct though I did then go back to Hammer, where I did have a couple of good results.

Sadly 2005 has been a very lean year for me and 31/12/2005 cannot come quickly enough. To be honest it wouldn't matter what brand of ball I used, even packed with TNT I still wouldn't of scored.

Why?? It has nothing to do with the brand of ball, but purely because of the dufus rolling the ball (i.e. Me) as I have been pretty ordinary for most of the year mainly due to lack of practice and I just haven't been hitting the same spot consistently enough. Sadly there is nobody/nothing to blame for this except me :(

What AMF Richlands says is right, all brands of balls these days are good it's just deciding which one is best for you and the shot you throw.

Hopefully in 2006 with some serious practice I might be able to do well with whatever brand of ball I am using. If I'm lucky I might even be part of the first winning Queensland North Rachuig team.

Cheers

Steve :D

Goodness gracious. I was just perusing this thread as to why it has so many pages and it reads like a blast from the past. Wow .... glad to hear you are well and I hope the years are treating you kind and life is good.

Have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New year if I don't hear from you before then, you all made the past so enjoyable. If you ever come to sunny Brisbane give me a call and we can have a drink.

So what was this all about ....

Back
Top Bottom