NSW Sport Series 3rd Event

First of all congrats to Andrew for his win and incredible average over 10 games, superb!

Now I was told by Richard on MSN when he got back only half the field turned up to bowl. This made me very upset because I was thinking of bowling in this tournament and realised that it was full and I could not get a spot so I said to myself "I will wait for the next one". If I had known that so many were gonna be no shows I would have turned up ready to bowl. It makes me sick that people cant show the decency to take one minute out of their lives and say that they cannot bowl. Thats all they had to do.

As for Richard's idea of a $20 Non refundable deposit, I agree with a NR deposit but $20 is not enough. $40-$50 will ensure that they will turn up and if they dont well then there can be the possibility that all those who do show can get something back if there are enough morons out there not to show up when they said they would.

People bitched and screamed when there was nothing to bowl in in Sydney for the past two years, then we are lucky to get some people like the Cowlands and some generous bowling centres willing to organise these tournaments, only to get shat on by people that couldn't really give a flying f*%&!! Jasons and Richards ideas seem to be the way to go. $20 deposit, if you don't turn up then all the more for the guys and girls who make the effort.

Well said Andrew, It was a disappointment to see how many no shows there was on Sunday morning.:mad:

When people Like the Cowlands take the time to arrange these events so that us "The Bowlers" actually have local tournaments to bowl in. It is disgusting that people think that not turning up and not advising the appropriate people that they are not coming is ok. There will always be a few people with a genuine reason that they can't bowl and that should be expected.

Anyway enough ranting I just hope people think twice before putting their name down to bowl if they aren't going to be bothered turning up.

Bring on the deposit, see you all at the next one.

Dave

I agree this is very disappointing. Those that posted late withdrawals and that included myself, due to unfortunate reasons we could not make it. There was still a full field to attend. Out of that full field to only gain 26 entries is a disgrace,

I believe for the next sports series event, those bowlers that didn't bother to let the organisers know about not attending should be given last preference to enter the event. This would mean their name would be last on the list of spots available and then as new bowlers enter their name the no show bowlers from Chester Hill event will drop of the list and become reserves if the next event becomes full.

Sounds Good to me.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom