NQ Intercentre

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
I have recently fielded calls regarding the Mt Isa Team and the NQ Intercentre.

TBA office today confirmed that although Mt Isa does appear on the TBA website, they are not a financial registered Centre. Registration was due in January and to date has not been received.

This in effect means that if the NQ Intercentre is an accredited event, the Mt Isa team cannot be allowed to compete until such time as the Mt Isa Centre registration is paid.

TBAQ is reluctant to offer advice regarding the Intercentre, however we are also receiving an increasing number of calls from concerned Associations who have not received paperwork.

Please note your first enquiries should be addressed to the Tournament Director, Pam Dowling, alternatively Geoff Ott may be able to advise.

Andrew I have a question about Mt Isa.

If the Mt Isa bowlers are TBA registered then why are they ineligible to play Intercity Shield? This is an association run tournament, not a centre run tournament.

EJ I'm also puzzled by this, however this was confirmed by TBA Office. Am waiting for an email response from TBA regarding this matter.

This is why:

RULE 206 TBA AFFILIATION
A person becomes affiliated with TBA by paying a prescribed Sports Registration Fee to a Registered Bowling Centre or its associated Licensed Association. The Sports Registration Fee is the same for all classifications and is payable only once each year. A Sports Registration Fee paid by a bowler competing in an unregistered centre will not be recognised by TBA until such time as the centre becomes registered.

The bowlers, despite having paid thier registrations in good faith, are not recognised by TBA as being registered.

As a concerned bowler, proprietor, and competitor in this event, I have written to the CEO, Cara Honeychurch, asking if TBA would allow the affected bowlers to compete. I would urge any other bowlers who feel that the Isa bowlers should not be penalised for something completely beyond their control to do the same. Anyone who would like a copy of that letter to help write their own is welcome to email me for a copy.

The other option possibly available for the Isa bowlers is to ask TBA to apply their registrations to another association, and draft to the Mt Isa team. ;)

The bowlers would be competing in Cairns where the centre is registered.
TBA membership allows bowlers to compete in any TBA sanctioned tournament.
What happened to fostering bowling????

Rob,
Read the rule above. TBA does not consider these bowlers to be registered.
I assume they never received membership cards.

So what is stopping Mt Isa becoming registered? Is there a problem with registration? Surely management can pay the registration to put people at ease so the players in question can compete.

Back
Top Bottom