ROB BUCKLEY
PETER COTTOM
GARY NORMAN
CRAIG HEMBROW
GREG KELLY
JOHN FILKO
JASON SAO

THANKS - FOR NOTHING BEACH BUM

I see my name has been removed from C squad, and it is now full. Yesterday you were assuring me you were trying very hard to get me picked up from Townsville.

I dont know what your problem is, perhaps you dont want women in your tournament? I put my entry in weeks and weeks ago, after checking with you that I would be able to get transport from Townsville, and your assurance that would be ok. I was prepared to give the Burdekin Open a go as it was a Queensland tournament and I needed to bowl in a ranking points tournament, even though in truth I was unlikely to win money and therefore another sucker contributing to the mens prize fund.

Ok, you win, I am not coming to Ayr, this year or ever. You can post my entry fee deposit back to me ASAP and I will cancel my plane tickets and use them to go to Canberra instead in December.

I hope your tournament is a big success and everybody enjoys it, hope you dont leave anybody stranded at the airport!!

See ya

Josie Adams

Hi Josie,
Actually, it looks like a typo from Sam - the list he has up in the Qld forum has your name in it, and was posted on the same day. And the list above only has 23 names in it for C squad.
Let us know when your plane lands - we'll get you there somehow.
Even if you are a LEFTY! :wink: :lol:

SIR ROBBIE TO THE RESCUE

Thanks mate, very kind effort to save the day, but being a typical woman I have seen fit to explode and behave like a drama queen to protect what I see as my selfish best interests. I have to bowl in 3 more rankings points tournaments this year to achieve my personal goal and I am not going to let anything get in my way, so in the last half hour I have entered two more tournaments, cancelled and rebooked an air fare, yelled at the dog and had a good cry!

See you at Currajong later in the year and promise not to mention this tragedy again!

N.Q Open

Hi there Josie im sorry for the typo error that i have mad if you check the Queensland forum you will see that i have your name in there and i had to do alot of shifting to assure your name in C Squad. I again apoligise that you have reacted to this post the way you have but i assure you that it was not my intention to leave you out of this post. I also have arranged transport for you this afternoon to get you here by the time you start play. (Just like i Promised)
I do not discriminate against women as you will see i have a seperate prize pool for the women which alot of other ranked tournemants do not have. As a matter of fact i have ten women in the feild two more than last year so i must be doing something right. I have worked very hard to get this tournemant to the success that it is today and i have tryed my upmost best to please everyone that is coming to this tournemant. Once again i apoligise for the typo error as that is all it is and if there is anything else i can do for you please dont hesitate to calll me.
Sam Jnr
Manager

Why did you have to shift to get me in, my name was in C squad for several weeks, maybe it was a typo, maybe not, anyway the damage has been done now, I have cancelled my flights and you have lost an entry. End of story. I will go and bowl Twin Tour instead, I can guarantee THAT tournament is always well organised - always. Lucky for you its not Mothers Day.

hehe... Well that is very good news for the airline in which you purchased those tickets... You have saved a couple of very hard working flight attendents the trouble of dealing with you...

"I have booked this seat weeks ago! I expected you to have had a headrest big enough for me to rest my (HUGE) head on!"

I'm sorry Lefty but you seem like the most ignorant person I have ever heard on this forum. Was a simple phone call to Sam to clear this up as much trouble as it was to cancell flights and rebook tournaments? I have bowled in the Burdiken Open for the last two years and I would be there again this year if I could. If I know Sam, there is nothing that this guy or any of his fantastic family wouldn't do for anyone making the trip up there.

I have only praise for what they have done for me.

I think you should pull your head in and cut him some slack. After all running a tournament is no easy feat. Mary just seems to have mastered it with her series over the years.

Keep it coming

So I am ignorant and I have a big head - really!! I also have broad shoulders so keep it coming.

Of course I tried to phone Sam, on several occasions at the bowl, he was never "available" and the lovely lass who answered the phone said "I am only a junior I dont know anything about it" ....so I did try.

I have had a couple of nasty experiences travelling around on my own in the past, I wont be trying to do so again. Its ok for you young guys you can thumb a lift, these days its not safe for us ladies to do so.

I have also organised a tournament or two in the recent past, its a huge task, I know it is but you can't expect people to pay hard earned money and turn up somewhere on the off chance it will ok. If I was 30 years younger I might have arrived at Townsville airport with my mobile phone in hand hoping somebody would take pity and turn up, the worse case scenario would have been I would have to sit around the airport until Sunday afternoon and my flight back, knowing nobody in Townsville, and having no money for a cab or a rental car. What would you do in similar circumstances?

What would I do? I would use a bit of common sense.

Thumb a lift? I have never heard of anyone EVER having to do that and I wouldn't do it myself.

Also...... did you read the Queensland post? Did you try his email address? Did you try his mobile number?

All of these appear in the forum and if you can't find them they are easily reachable with a little bit of effort. You just have to use just a little bit of effort sometimes instead of just throwing your arms in the air and spitting the dumby. Anyway enough said....I just hope your plane ticket you cancelled was a childs fare.

Flaming of any sort should not be done in forum posts, if there are issues between members they should be taken up by private messages.

my 2cents.

Sam

Can you please pick one post and stick to it, with 5 different posts going around with Squad listings for your tournament, its no wonder there is confusion.

One thread, one topic = no confusion.

Cheers
Graham

Back
Top Bottom