Magazine

I remember when the old man would bring home the latest 'pin action' magazine from the bowl when i was a kid.... ahhhh memories :)

Ye I remember similar memories when Norwood AmF used to run here in adel and get there local mag. Haven't seen them for a while

Bowling This Month (BTM) and Bowlers Journal are both available by subscription from the US at a reasonable price. I get BTM, usually has something worth reading. BJ is less techy and more newsy.

Bowling This Month (BTM) and Bowlers Journal are both available by subscription from the US at a reasonable price. I get BTM, usually has something worth reading. BJ is less techy and more newsy.

Robbie hit the nail on the head there. My old man subs to those 2 aswell and i was going to say the same thing. You see alot of the PBA related stuff in BJ but Bowling This Month (BTM) has some really good articles regarding physical/mental game. Write-in questions and answers from some top coaches and the like. The ball reviews are also good and they manage to cover nearly everything released and compare them all on a chart (The ball releases from that year anyway).

Im not sure what dad pays but id say BTM is definitely worth it. I've found alot of stuff about physical game that i never saw on the net, and i've done some digging!

Another thing i like is the ball reaction charts. It compares all this years balls together on one chart. I'd imagine if you were person who didnt have a particular brand you followed you could just look at the chart and get the exact ball u were looking for. Also, each ball is reviewed by a Stroker, Tweener and Cranker, and the results all printed individually. So each ball, in reality, gets 3 reviews.

Pretty sure if you sub you can get on the net and go back thru their old issues online. That alone probly makes it worth it.

And the Sub to BTM includes access to the electronic library.
I find that I like BTM myself as there are some really good training and mental tips in it. Some people might find these as repeats but for us that dont have access to coaching close by they are great. Hasn't improved my game a lot but it gives me a direction to try. As most know my game is pretty much beyond redemption.

Back
Top Bottom