A NEW AUSTRALIAN BOWLING MAGAZINE HAS ARRIVED

C

crazzzed

I released 'Bowlers Network' for the first time at this years Australian Open. Most of the people I spoke to about it thought it was something the sport needed. With issue 2 currently in works as we speak I would like to hear some feed back from you, the bowlers and spectator that I hope will be reading my magazine.

How many people have seen or even heard of the magazine?

Now with any new project you need support and if you know of a centre that would be interested in displaying the magazine put a post on hear and I'll see what I can do. Also if anyone out there would like to support the sport and the magazine you can send me a message with your email address and I will send you some details.

My aim with Bowlers Network is to try and bring local and international news/information/technology to the people in Australia. New ball releases, tournament information, Organisation updates, stories, events etc. Basically if it relates to bowling I'm going to try and bring it out for everyone to read.

Well I hope you enjoy the magazine and with a little luck and hard work hopefully it will be around for awhile.

Thanks
Brett George

Brett..I'd very much like to have a look at your new bowling magazine.. It seems odd that this is the first I've heard of it. Although, i wasn't at the AO..maybe that has something to do with it. Please email me of send me a private message via this facility and we'll talk.

Wayne Chester

Brett, Your magazine is great just what we need.
I read it at the AO and was impressed, the only bowlers magazine I have really read is Bowlers Journal!!!

Hope you plan to send it Australia wide, I'm sure it will be welcomed anywhere!

Anyway well done it is really a great magazine :D

It's certainly something i wouldnt mind pay a subscription fee towards. I know a few other bowlers who would be of the same mindset, even if all it did was feed you results and give you some notice of the up and coming events. Cant say ive heard anything about it yet either, but i cant see why the entire bowling community wont embrace it and get behind it as best they can.

SOUNDS GREAT :)

Anyway I can get hold of a copy of the 1st edition?

I aswell wouldnt have to think twice about a subscription fee for something like this......

Thanks for the positive feed back.
I hope there are more out there than just the few who put posts up that are interested in the magazine, otherwise im in real trouble :lol:

For the people in WA, Sandor will have some out to a few centres soon. Im not sure which ones but im sure it will get around.

SA people I looking into centre at the moment that are willing to have the magazine on their counters.

Some QLD centres should have some next week.

If there is anyone out there that works in a bowl mention the magazine to your manager and if they're interested let me know and I will ship some out.

Im sorry to all the people who are unable to get the magazine yet, but rest assured i'm tring to get it to as many places as i can.

Keep an eye out for Issue 2, it should be making its way out in early June... all going to plan :D

So is it a free thing avaliable from centers, or is there plans to make it a subscription base too? Once word of mouth gets round, i cant see why it would be a problem for every center in the country to have them (bowlers too).

Yes it is currently free to bowlers at some centres around the country.

The centres that have it at the moment, have it on the counter for people to pickup and read. I am hoping to get enough support that charging for it doesnt happen. I thing i would probably just stop if it came to that. This is why i need to get the support of bowlers, their businesses and the centres to keep it up and going so it a benefit to all concerned. The rates for advertising are really cheap compared to most forms of advertising and as the coverage grows the value for money will increase.

Did you get my message Levithian? As for subscriptions, its not something that i have looked into yet but if people would like to pay to get it sent direct to them then yes i will set that up.

Hey

Wel crazzzed i think getting the subscription going is a good idea especially for people like me that are at centers that arnt sanctiond that are in country areas (there are probably not to many unsanctioned centers but unfortunatly our center is one a few as there is not the support).
So if you get the subscriptions up pm me and let me know

Thanks
Cya

crazzzed said:
Did you get my message Levithian? As for subscriptions, its not something that i have looked into yet but if people would like to pay to get it sent direct to them then yes i will set that up.

Nope i didnt get one, it doesnt say i have a new pm up the top :( I was thinking the subscription fee's more so you could cover the costs. Can you try an pm me again? i dont mind taking a few into my local, i know without a doubt management wont mind a mag on the counter :)

Hi everyone, there has been some interest shown about getting the magazine via subscription. I am working out what the cost would be to send personal copies to people and im not sure if people will be willing to pay the costs involved. To cover postal charges I think it would be somewhere between $5 - $10 per copy.

What cost do you, the bowling public consider to be a fair price to recieve the magazine direct to your door?

Regards
Brett

Hey Brett,

I am from Townsville in NQ and would be very interested in subscribing to your magazine, I also wouldn't mind paying $5 - $10 especially if you compare it to the subscription fees for Bowlers Journal.

My Mum is also the manager of our local bowl here and I know she would display your magazine in the bowl for you.

A bowling magazine for Australia is long overdue, and you should be congratulated on your initiative and creativity.

Cheers

Steve Hunt
[email protected]

Hey I am from Victoria and i would glady pay 5-10 dollars for your magazine. I picked up the first copy a while ago and it was great. A bowling mag is long overdue for the bowlers in australia.

Hi Brett,
Your 1st Edition was excellent. Just sorry I couldn't get more for our bowlers at Fairlanes.
Looking forward to seeing your next issue,

Sue

Hi everyone,
Issue 1 seems to be a success. Thank-you for your support. Issue 2 will be ready in a couple of weeks and will be sent to centres in Qld, ACT, Vic and WA ( Fairlanes will get one of the first boxes, Sue :D ) I have organised to have one copy of issue 2 sent to nearly every centre in Australia, so hopefully by the time Issue 3 comes around the network will have grown all over Australia.

To keep this new magazine going I need the support of as many people/businesses as I can get, so if you know of anyone who might be interested in advertising in Issue 2 or future issues please contact me and i will give you the details you need. Send a private message to me with your email address and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
In regard to subscriptions, their will be details in Issue 2 on the cost and how to get it. Subscription will start from Issue 3. I will also put a post in here for people who miss the next issue... stay tuned.

C'mon join the network.

Brett

Hi Mark,
Have any copies of Issue 1 made it down there?
If not Mark, send me a message with your address and I will post you a couple.
All I need is someone to contact me letting me know that they are will to have it on their counter and I will add them to the shipping list for Issue 2.

Brett

hot magazine

brett sent me 100 mags to distribute in perth

they went like hot cakes

i was not surprised!!!

hanging out for the next issue!

keep up the good work Brett

for everyone out there, if you want to place an add give brett a ring

hey brett,
its a great mag, no doubt about it. its truly wot tenpin bowling in australia needs at this point in time. I read through all the articles and had a look at the shield teams... (its good too see my name on top of the WA shield team, mum was so proud of me, till i told her it didnt mean nething hehehehe) But yes keep up the good work, picked one up the moment i saw it, cant wait to see the next issue!!! :D :D :D

Later

Back
Top Bottom