Bowlers Network Magazine Subscription

C

crazzzed

Hi Everyone,

As you all may be aware I have been setting up for people to subscribe to Bowlers Network. Attached to this post is a pdf of the subscription form which you will also find in the next magazine, issue 2.

PLEASE NOTE: All subscription will start from Issue 3.

For all those people that are interested when Issue 2 will be out, well I should have it with me at the Melbourne Cup. You should be able to find it in the other states soon after that.

Here is an update on Bowlers Network...
The interest shown after just one issue has resulted in me having to triple the number of magazines printed. With the help of some people around the country you will be able to find the magazine poping up in nearly every state of Australia. Issue 1 only went to WA, VIC & QLD. I have added NT, ACT and TAS.
Although I see this as a fantastic thing it has also created a problem. The cost to produce the magazine has also increased. As I currently pay for this out of my own pocket I call on all bowlers and people who have an interest in the sport to please get on board and help me to continue suppling the magazine to the bowling community. If you would like to see Bowlers Network continue to bring you news and information then all you need to do is subscribe or advertise your business. Every little bit helps.

Well I hope you all enjoy Issue 2.

Thanks for all your support.

Brett George

Brett George = Bowlers News

Brett

I loved your magazine - I think you should put a $2.50 price tag on it (plus postage) and get it out to Newsagents and Bowling Centres. I am sure all bowling centres would order 100 copies each in advance and get the paid order to you and then recoup from the bowlers!! I am sure it will pay for itself eventually. My computer will not read the PDF subscription form = so I will have to get Graham to submit one on my behalf. The last magazine for bowling ended up costing too much to produce - and became extinct - we can prevent that by ordering specific numbers in each region (by bowling centre) and then paying up front. Later you will be able to ship the rest to the Newsagencies once you know your budget and also your income. I hope that you recover costs and I would like to congratulate you on a professional looking magazine and full credit to all who contributed. I would like to see more of Rob Woods articles in each edition also.

Thank you once again
Gail Torrens

Thanks Gail for your comments.

To read PDF's you can download Acrobat Reader from www.adobe.com which is a free application for people to veiw PDF's.

Your idea of charging centres for the magazine is an idea that has crossed my mind and maybe something i need to look into. For the moment I'll see how the subscription goes and take it from there. It's a fine line between covering costs and making it as cheap as possible for the community. The secret to it all I still believe is to get a good supply of advertisers. If I can get enough support from around the country then costs will be reduced and thus the charge for each magazine will come down.

Don't worry I will be working hard to keep this going as I really beileve it's something the sport can ride on the back of to increase it's profile.

Regards
Brett

Back
Top Bottom