Level one Coaching Courses

It is quite a surprise to see that the number of people wanting to do this Level 1 course is not better than the number of people we have
There have been people crying out for this course to be run for 12 months or more.

Not sure why people are not doing the course !!!! Shame really !!!

Maybe it is too hard now that it requires a little study and a test.... Hope not

It is quite a surprise to see that the number of people wanting to do this Level 1 course is not better than the number of people we have
There have been people crying out for this course to be run for 12 months or more.

Not sure why people are not doing the course !!!! Shame really !!!

Maybe it is too hard now that it requires a little study and a test.... Hope not

Geoff,
Some of us got the -you know what's- waiting for this to be available. Considering that we have to give our own finances and our own time to become qualified, to then give back our own time to the sport, the motivation can pass easily.
Some of us have an incredible wealth of knowledge of this sport already, and are just looking to, firstly have this recognized by the organization which is, in turn, recognized by ASC (or whoever), and secondly, make sure we are on the right track and have not missed out on anything considered to be desired knowledge or skills.
Many off us have not restarted league yet, so bowling may not be on our minds.
The TBA have hardly pushed this. It seems to be that it has only been discussed in this thread. The information is available on the TBA website, but was not announced in any way. I am surprised that they have not contacted all those that have completed the old bowler's proficiency course and those that have let their level 1 expire.
TBA seem to have a "build it and they will come" attitude. Someone should explain promotion to them. Maybe they will push this in coming months.
For the record, this is just an opinion from someone who had the urge to do the course some time ago. Yes I contacted TBA. I waited too long and found other ways to give my time and skills to bowling. From what I have read on the TBA website, the coaching courses look very promising. We can only hope that they promote this, and that centres hold and promote courses to give more people the skills needed to coach our bowlers who are interested in improvement.

Stuart

Geoff,
Some of us got the -you know what's- waiting for this to be available. Considering that we have to give our own finances and our own time to become qualified, to then give back our own time to the sport, the motivation can pass easily.
Some of us have an incredible wealth of knowledge of this sport already, and are just looking to, firstly have this recognized by the organization which is, in turn, recognized by ASC (or whoever), and secondly, make sure we are on the right track and have not missed out on anything considered to be desired knowledge or skills.
Many off us have not restarted league yet, so bowling may not be on our minds.
The TBA have hardly pushed this. It seems to be that it has only been discussed in this thread. The information is available on the TBA website, but was not announced in any way. I am surprised that they have not contacted all those that have completed the old bowler's proficiency course and those that have let their level 1 expire.
TBA seem to have a "build it and they will come" attitude. Someone should explain promotion to them. Maybe they will push this in coming months.
For the record, this is just an opinion from someone who had the urge to do the course some time ago. Yes I contacted TBA. I waited too long and found other ways to give my time and skills to bowling. From what I have read on the TBA website, the coaching courses look very promising. We can only hope that they promote this, and that centres hold and promote courses to give more people the skills needed to coach our bowlers who are interested in improvement.

Stuart

Stuart,

I hear you , you are not the only person who has been waiting a long time for this course to become available, they were ready to run 1 year ago but were sat on internally, Not good i agree

Some of Your other comments are pretty fair too but The price paid for these new courses are Cheap and the time you need to spend is now much reduced as alot of it is done online then 1 day for practicle and accreditation, that is a very small ask. Level 2 will be much the same, not a 1 week off work senario like the past

If you are looking for your skills to be recognised and for you be be actively involved and accredited then complete the course.
I have 40 years in the game myself so i know what you are saying.

The courses are now available so i we should see people get involved, we hope

Cheers and good luck
Geoff

One of the problems is in Vic we cannot advance to the level after the online stuff is done

Ive made phone calls and email various people to told they are waiting for someone else to make a move.

Nothings changed

The price paid for these new courses are Cheap and the time you need to spend is now much reduced

Just to be clear, the cost is quite reasonable, and the time needed is not a big ask. The point is, some of us were keen to do this a long time ago. We all have to make decisions on where our time and money go. Unfortunatley, there are many other organizations and businesses flooding my life with advertising and insentive to spend it all on them. TBA snoozed, they loosed. When was the last time TBA actually asked people to consider coaching?

Once again, the courses look good. Let's hope TBA do something with them. I remember a day when there were maybe 2 dozen or more ATBC recognized level one coaches, and a couple of level 2 coaches in my little ol' home town. They were not only qualified, but gave back to the game by actually coaching actively.

Just to be clear, the cost is quite reasonable, and the time needed is not a big ask. The point is, some of us were keen to do this a long time ago. We all have to make decisions on where our time and money go. Unfortunatley, there are many other organizations and businesses flooding my life with advertising and insentive to spend it all on them. TBA snoozed, they loosed. When was the last time TBA actually asked people to consider coaching?

Once again, the courses look good. Let's hope TBA do something with them. I remember a day when there were maybe 2 dozen or more ATBC recognized level one coaches, and a couple of level 2 coaches in my little ol' home town. They were not only qualified, but gave back to the game by actually coaching actively.

Your a bit all over the place with what your saying but thats okay
you have a right to do and think what you like

Your a bit all over the place with what your saying but thats okay
In what way? You asked why people are not doing it. I'm one who is not, and I'm just trying to express the reason why. I'm probably all over the place because outside of TBA, a lot happens in 18 odd months.

The price paid for these new courses are Cheap and the time you need to spend is now much reduced as alot of it is done online then 1 day for practicle and accreditation

suppose i should be used to the country missing out LOL. honestly you city peeps are lucky, for us to send 2 people away to syd in feb to do the course its lookin at between $700 and $900 EACH person depending on whether we fly or drive. so hope vic hurry up and put dates out soon cause its actually cheaper to go from griffith to melb than it is from griffith to syd

oh well guess its back to my fundraising so i can go in feb :p

for anyone who is thinking of going in Feb to the nsw course and hasnt looked into what is involved and what has to be done before the actual training day you need to get your skates on big time. If you havent done the pre-requisite courses asap as per the TBA link then you will be missing out as there is a fair amount involved before showing up for the pract training day. Ive been getting help from Geoff/Kelly and Mary at the TBA to sort this out. Any questions ask here or PM me. Not sure if i can help but i know what is required so i can try.

cheers

suppose i should be used to the country missing out LOL. honestly you city peeps are lucky, for us to send 2 people away to syd in feb to do the course its lookin at between $700 and $900 EACH person depending on whether we fly or drive. so hope vic hurry up and put dates out soon cause its actually cheaper to go from griffith to melb than it is from griffith to syd

That is all fair enough

I'll make you a deal

You try and get a few people in the area together and
i will drive down that way somewhere, maybe central to
another bowling centre somewhere, and run a course for you
Max number is 10 min should be 5

If there is interest let me know via PM or on here and i will get
the TBA to work and arrange it

You will need about 5-6 weeks to do the work required prior to
the date we set to do the face to face pratical day

Cheers
Geoff

One of the problems is in Vic we cannot advance to the level after the online stuff is done

Ive made phone calls and email various people to told they are waiting for someone else to make a move.

Nothings changed

Hey Nev

You need to contact your State association, maybe Cara

You, with them can arrange via the TBA ( Kelly Warren in QLD ) to run the first Level 1 course with Chris Batson, National Coach.

I know it all sounds too hard but if someone just "makes a Move" as you say then it can and will happen

Chris will be happy to come and run the first course with a nominated person in your State present so that person can run future courses.

Have a go mate

Cheers
Geoff

In what way? You asked why people are not doing it. I'm one who is not, and I'm just trying to express the reason why. I'm probably all over the place because outside of TBA, a lot happens in 18 odd months.

I feel you are all over the place because you are complaining about it but not going to do it and say other sports have your interest and money

Pretty pointless really

Don't get me wrong i understand the frustration from the past year but that was not me and is now the past and QLD did their first Level 1 course in December so they are up and running.

Cheers
Geoff

Hey Nev

You need to contact your State association, maybe Cara

You, with them can arrange via the TBA ( Kelly Warren in QLD ) to run the first Level 1 course with Chris Batson, National Coach.

I know it all sounds too hard but if someone just "makes a Move" as you say then it can and will happen

Chris will be happy to come and run the first course with a nominated person in your State present so that person can run future courses.

Have a go mate

Cheers
Geoff

Thanks Geoff Done all that
Emailed Chris Batson was told he hasn't hear anything from Vic
Rang Kelly last Monday and was told the state rep Grant Eadie was handling it and has all the info

Grant Eddie is waiting for Jason Taafe (the State Coaching coordinator)to get back from over seas

And around and around we go

Still cannot see why I cannot pay the money and forward the paperwork and get started with the DVD training

Hang in there Nev, once Jason returns it will probably all come together for you. You've done the online pre - req courses and got the right forms filled out i presume so once you get the final part of the details it will be all go. If you are really interested in doing it a week or so more shouldnt bother you.

let us know how you go.

Kat

Not sure My PM return email worked
Let me know if the info sent helps

Cheers
Geoff

Thanks Geoff Done all that
Emailed Chris Batson was told he hasn't hear anything from Vic
Rang Kelly last Monday and was told the state rep Grant Eadie was handling it and has all the info

Grant Eddie is waiting for Jason Taafe (the State Coaching coordinator)to get back from over seas

And around and around we go

Still cannot see why I cannot pay the money and forward the paperwork and get started with the DVD training

You can still go online and do the on line parts of the course right now
You just go to the TBA website and click on the Coaching link and log onto "play by the rules" and "General coaching Principles"
It is free and you need to pass them both and print the certificates out
to prove you have done them
Once you have done them you are ready to get the manual and DVD to finish the course off

Cheers
Geoff

You can still go online and do the on line parts of the course right now
You just go to the TBA website and click on the Coaching link and log onto "play by the rules" and "General coaching Principles"
It is free and you need to pass them both and print the certificates out
to prove you have done them
Once you have done them you are ready to get the manual and DVD to finish the course off

Cheers
Geoff

Thanks again Geoff as I said
Yeah Done
Australian Sports Commission Beginning Coaching General Principles and
Play by the rules Harassment and Discrimination

Now playing the waiting game again :mad:

Nothings changed

Back
Top Bottom