Level one Coaching Courses

I'm wondering in anyone knows if there is a level one Coaching course planed in the not to distant future in Vic

I asked around the centres around this time last year and got told by many that next year there will be one.
Well next years almost gone and still none

Are we talking about courses for students? Or courses for adults to become teachers of the game?

Also, what is the breakdown of learning? As in, is it Level 1, Level 2, High Peformance, etc?

Trying to find the best place/person to learn from in Melbourne. Not much info online.

All TBA Level 1 courses have been put on hold while the course content and structure are audited. This decision came from TBA around March this year as I was about to run two Level 1 coaching accreditation courses myself at Sunshine and Frankston bowls in April / May.

I'm still not sure when TBA or Victenpins will give the okay. Contact me if you want to register your name with me when the course commences.

Cheers Coach Garvin (TBA HP 2 coach)

hi there i am wondering when the lvl 1 courses will be starting up in 2009

Level One Coaching courses will be available as soon as the new Manuals are completed - the ASC and TBA review currency of manuals each 3 years and the National Coaching advisory committee are working to complete all manuals by mid March. In the interim the Bowlers proficiency certificate and the Level 0 will be a pre requisite of the new Level one course so all persons wishing to complete the Level 1 Coaching course can book the Bowler Proficency certificate and put their name down when you identify a presenter in your state - in Qld you email to [email protected] and leave all your contact information - we have courses being booked in Toowoomba, we have interest in courses in Burdekin, Townsville, and Brisbane being organised as we speak. You can put a deposit down and we will link you with a presenter - you will be able to set a date April and beyond - the presenters will send you material to study in the mean time.

Best wishes

Gail Torrens

Please call TBA office on 07 32624455 and ask for Kelly Warren. Kelly will direct you to Presenters in Victoria - look to the Coach list on the TBA website - there is a State by State list of registered presenters - look to L2 coaches or higher - Ask your local Centre if they are aware of any working L2 or higher coaches who offer sport services locally. Hope this helps.

Gail

look to L2 coaches or higher - Ask your local Centre if they are aware of any working L2 or higher coaches who offer sport services locally.

OK so what you are saying Level 2 Coaches can run accredited Coaching Courses
I was under the impression on HP coaches could.

Also whats how is a proficiency certificate obtained

I was told it could be done Via Correspondence is this Fact or Fiction

We have a new National TBA - Chris Batson and he will announce shortly how you are able to access courses and presenters. Please keep an eye on the TBA website for further information. www.tenpin.org.au. Bowler Proficiency cannot be done via website, as this is the first coaching experience a bowler gets on the lanes and is a great deal of fun to complete. The BPC is also part of the requirement for a person wanting to do a coaching accreditation -
Some components of the L1 and L2 Courses are on the drawing board to be available in many forms like online modules to make the courses more accessible to more people. The BPC needs to be done on the lanes - it is a great deal of fun to do and I encourage you to complete this course. Level 1 Coaches can deliver a BPC to bowlers on the old system - L2 and higher coaches accreditation such as High Performance (HP) in the old system can deliver L1 courses (those coaches that have completed a Course Presenter training). More news and statements will be available.

Chris will make an announcement. - I expect this to happen around start of April. Please keep an eye on the TBA website for more information - the new courses are really going to be worth attending.

Best wishes
Gail

We have a new National TBA - Chris Batson and he will announce shortly how you are able to access courses and presenters. Please keep an eye on the TBA website for further information. www.tenpin.org.au.

Still waiting...

Chris will make an announcement. - I expect this to happen around start of April. Please keep an eye on the TBA website for more information - the new courses are really going to be worth attending.

It's the middle of April now isn't it? Awesome.

Rockhampton is holding a Level 1 course 29-31 May if anyone is interested.

Obviously too far away for WA, but anyone in Qld would be welcome to enrol. If anyone wants any details, please PM me.

how can Rockhampton be holding a course 29-31 May when the new formats havent been released yet?

does Rockhampton know something that the rest of us dont?

and yes i agree, its getting very ridiculous

how can Rockhampton be holding a course 29-31 May when the new formats havent been released yet?

does Rockhampton know something that the rest of us dont?

and yes i agree, its getting very ridiculous

Shoey,

Sorry missed your post until now.

I have no idea of what the changes are to the process or the politics of TBA. All I can tell you is what we are doing regarding the coaching courses.

The Level 1 course is to be two & a half days long and as a prerequisite I had to undertake a bowlers proficiency course (1 day) and a Level 0 (1 day).

If you want any further detail, please PM me.

Thanks
Nathan

Back
Top Bottom