Level one Coaching Courses

Nathan,

the way you are describing things is the "old" level 1 and 0 course. TBA have totally revamped the courses and they are currently at ASC for appraisal prior to roll out. no courses can be done until these are rolled out. My understanding is they are more user friendly with study online and via correspondence with less time on lanes. if you check the coaching section of the TBA website you'll see what i mean. mind you rollout was suppose to be March 2009 so its anyone's guess when they will be. if you are unsure check with Gail Torrens as she was involved with the re write of the programs, if the TBA annual reports are anything to go by.

Shoey

Yep its all going to happen in April
No wonder the sports dying
There are bowlers that want to develop there skills and lean to bowl and cannot get coaching as there is a shortage of coaches and the TBA are doing what about it???

Remind me again why we are paying extract in our Sanction fees this year??

Wasnt it to help Promote and develop the sport

My understanding is that Chris Batson has written new courses and they are with the CEO of the TBA and have been for some months. They include lots of detail and data that makes sense, including lots of video links.
This is factual, I have seen them myself, The TBA are sitting on them !!!!

Sorry

2nd point

When i shot 300 at Ryde in 200o i paid $300 for a ring and chased them for it for 2 years and gave up !!!

They are a joke and they wonder why people won't join.

I got more out of the $3.00 i paid for membership in 1977

I stuffed up my reply, sorry

WHY ??? You ask

Well good question, It is simply because we have people on the board
of the TBA who are old hat , not interested
We have a CEO who is way out of touch and a total control freak

The TBA in it's current form is nothing short of a joke, much like
most of the AMF centres i know

If they keep going we wont have a game soon it will be just what AMF want, a recreational activity with no structure, no competition and certainly no representative opportunities

Very sad from my point of view

i agree with all of the above. i've ben talking on and off with Chris Batson and our CEO for the past 5 months about course roll out so my wife and I can advance our coaching skills and for 5 months i've been told "the revamped courses are with the ASC". surely the ASC doesnt take 5 months to go through courses that after all are modelled on their product anyway and are only touched up to be sport specific.

frustration level extremely high, anger level just as high, desire to forget the whole scenario growing by the day. is it any wonder we are losing so many members - bowlers and coaches alike. if TBA want to develop this wonderful sport of ours then these revamped courses being made available to us should have been a huge priority in my books.

its certainly is a joke, i'll grant TBA that.

This is becoming a very frustrating process
I, like others, have been communnicating with TBA for updated coaching courses, Level 1 and Level 2, as well as Managers Course. Our Junior Shield Teams in particular are compelled to have the accredited personnel but there is no updated course.

With Junior Teams the managers are appointed before roll off (end of August) and are responsible from that point, training camps etc, all hands on. Most of our accredited managers are due for re-registration from September.

Problems with courses, then honest answers and some direction to alleviate the concerns please.

Leanne Triulcio

Has anyone read the statements on the letter that arrives with your membership card?

Summary of your 2009 Membership benefits.

Just a couple of lines.

* Access to more TBA accredited coaches on lanes!
* Increased number of coaching courses in all states and territories!

TBA will be busy for the next 6 months delivering all these courses. Another coach or 2 here would be great.

James

Does this mean you will be coaching me for free??? :D

Has anyone read the statements on the letter that arrives with your membership card?

Summary of your 2009 Membership benefits.

Just a couple of lines.

* Access to more TBA accredited coaches on lanes!
* Increased number of coaching courses in all states and territories!

TBA will be busy for the next 6 months delivering all these courses. Another coach or 2 here would be great.

James

My Daughter just took up Badminton

There seems to be plenty of coaches in the system.

They run regular coaching Courses for those who want to be coaches

They run regular courses to become officials etc

Sort of makes TenPin Bowling look like a joke

The Level 1 and Level 2 coaching courses are complete
They are with the CEO, Gillian, for approval not the ASC
She has had them for almost 8 months and sat on them

Gillian is a waste of space and money full stop

The board do not have the intestinal fortitude to sack her, She
does answer to the board

She has achieved nothing from the work plan she submitted
to the board when she was appointed

The TBA will be broke in a year with 12000 members
and a Salary of nearly $100K to pay Gillian

Time to go Gillian, do the right thing and resign

Mate , sorry but the answer is still the same
These courses are complete and awaiting Gillian, the TBA CEO to pass them from her desk into the system.
I am sure she has a reason for taking over 8 months to do so, only she can answer that
I have my own theory !!!

TBA site says end of october. its getting towards the end of november now. Has anyone heard anything at all?

Back
Top Bottom