Launceston Skins 2

Gus,

I think the thing that is stopping most people from bowling is the 21 pin difference in order to win a skin, and the 11 pin difference for the high game.

How hard is it going to be for a team to win by 21 or more, with the amount of competition.

You could easily end up with 1 team walking away with EVERYTHING because of it jackpotting.

As I said B4. We have tried it one way, lets try another. If it doesn't work then we won't do it again. Ppl want diff formats otherwise bordum sets in and we have no tourneys

who the f**k sent that message as me on the 2nd page?

if it happens again im going to unleash the power of the loco

biaches

attn dj luko ....

you may just hav to 'unleash' the power of the loco anyway ..... that is unless you are trying to come out of the closet ... so to speak ....

'the fag of the nation'??? i must admit i had my concerns ..... lol .... good of you to come clean ... LOL

maybe time to change your password???

PS: it wasn't the 'V' that wouldn't go the next step .... she was just a cover up obviously ...lmao
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

ok, now on a serious note ....

there are plenty of people out there willing to complain and whinge about the lack of tournaments to bowl in tassie ...

the first skins was a great success, and it is now time for bowlers to put up or shut up (obviously, bowlers already entered are excluded). you have been presented with a different tournament with a different format ... gives everybody a chance to win some cash on an individual and team basis ....

im just going to throw some names in here ... obviously some people will have legitament reasons not to bowl but here goes ...

dave cavanagh, sara hyland, aaron franklin, paul lucock, matt dickson, brett kenley, ted tyluki, ray youd matt crammond, paul oakley, griggs x2 to name a few, not to mention, the rest of the junior boys team ...... who would gain from the tournament exposure and provide good competition.

at $90 it is a good tournament, with the mix of low entry cost, doubles competition, game by game cash (skins), excellent experience for juniors and other bowlers, and a good hitout for rachuig bowlers ....

all im saying if we don't support it .... gus and the likes will get sick of trying to run tournaments that people don't support ...

lets get some numbers!!!!!!!

NP: Benwell ..... Milkie might bowl with you, but I'm not sure he's quite up to tasmanian tournament standard .... we usually like bowlers to average over 150 so as not to embarrass themselves too much!!! LOL
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey,

Scooter, love the comment about Cam!

Yeah I am still after a partner.....one that can carry me to the cash!

I agree with you about the poor interest shown compared to the first one, but both you & gus are right. It's time to put up & shut up..

Sorry about the triple post above (purely accidental) It's what happens when you are with a SH!T provider.

Anyway, I'm still on the hunt for a parter, doesnt look like Paul L will be bowling.

icon_confused.gif

Just in answer to Scooter there, sorry I haven't made any mention of my intentions here - I haven't been on the net much in the last six weeks.
I am considering bowling with Aaron Franklin if it is at all possible.
I will also need to organise a lift up there if I can and if enough of us chuck in for accomodation it might make things a bit easier on the pocket.
Centrelink don't make it that easy to bowl a lot of tournaments unfortunately.
But I will speak with Aaron on Wednesday night and see what the outcome is and let you blokes know ASAP.
I rate it a 70-30 chance.

As it stands we have 14 entries. 6 RACHUIG BOWLERS have NOT entered as yet so I will assume that we will have at least 20..

Luko: Why don't u "log out" when you finish on someone elses computer? That might help??
icon_biggrin.gif

Benwell: How can your provider make you triple click that "Add Reply" button ? And if you do have problems try calling your ISP technician
icon_wink.gif

Scooter: Can't say I can afford the tournament (have you seen how much nationals is!) esp. not having a chance to get any back.

Jessika
icon_cool.gif

hey matty i am going up on the saturday avro after i finish work i can give you a ride up if you want one, no porblem there.

Hey,

I e-mailed Cam and he said he wouldn't be bowling...So I guess i am still looking.

NEWSFLASH
Matt Cramond/Aaron Franklin partenering up to bowl.
Paul Lucock is allegedly coming up - so he might need a partner if he hasn't already got one.
Amy Huxley told me on Monday night that she won't be bowling for money reasons.

Jayson, thanks for the offer there mate but I've managed to get a lift there with Aaron but, thanks anyway.
Let's hope we can get a few more to bolster numbers - let's start pestering a few more people.

Hi,

Teams as of 12/7...4.52am
icon_confused.gif

Mark Foster - Garry Crick
Hayden George - Darell George
Scott Summers - Ash Riley
Jackie Crick(F) - Kassey Fechner(F)
Dan Bunting(J) - Emma Tubb (JF)
Adam Lucock - Androo Phillips
Aarron Frankiln - Matt Crammond
Debbie Bowtell(F) - Brett Riley
Chris Benwell - ??????
Paul Lucock - ?????

C'mon the last couple are looking for a partner, so if your thinking of bowling and u dont have a partner, maybe get in contact with these people.

Mark Foster

me and benwell are a team ill be bowling with him as i now have the money to do so, so count me and benwell as a team!

Here is the payout for entries:

10 games
20 Entries $80/skin $16 High Game
22 Entries $90/Skin $15.50 High Game
24 Entries $100/Skin $15 High Game
26 Entries $110/Skin $15 High Game
28 Entries $120/Skin $15 High Game (AS ADVERTISED)

Alternatively
8 games
20 Entries $126/skin $15 High Game
22 Entries $140/Skin $15 High Game
24 Entries $154/Skin $15 High Game
26 Entries $168/Skin $15 High Game
28 Entries $182/Skin $15 High Game

Decide which is the best way to go about it. I personally would prefer the 10 games for a good solid hit out, but, majority will rule.

dont really mind either way .... but if put to a vote, i would go for 8 games .... got to look at valu for money, skin wise i mean ... if you happen to win one or two skins, you want it to be worth while.

Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom