Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 19 61.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

tonx

I have had suggestions from several different sources, and ultimately im leaving this up to you guys.

selection 1:

10 games

48 bowlers

$150 entry fee

Game 1 $150.00
Game 2 $200.00
Game 3 $250.00
Game 4 $300.00
Game 5 $350.00
Game 6 $400.00
Game 7 $450.00
Game 8 $500.00
Game 9 $700.00
Game 10 $1,000.00

selection 2:
Similar to section 1, but take $50 off each skin, and create a second skin for bowlers entering with a 195 average or less. If lower average bracket wins major skin, high average bracket gets second skin. High games take skin regardless of winning margin $150 entry fee

selection 3: $400 per skin, $30 per second place , $150 entry fee, 10 games

selection 4: 50 bowlers $250 per skin, $50 per second place, $100 entry fee, 10 games

selection 5: 50 bowlers, seperate men/women sections, based on 30/20 split, $175 per skin for the guys, $125 per skin for the gals, $300 for overall for the guys, $200 overall for the gals, $100 entry fee. 10 games

Selection 6: 50 bowlers, $300 per skin winner takes all. $100 entry fee 10 games

Selection 7: 25 bowlers, $275 per skin, winner takes all, $150 entry fee 10 games

Its all I have for now, but its a start.

Keep in mind, this doesnt include sponsors funds/prizes. Joe @ Ed Flemming (who is always supporting these types of things, thanks Joe!) has offered to do something @ $4 per game, and based on entries, will contribute an extra $0.25 per game per bowler to an overall prize, or a high game for the tournament. Majority vote gets the first tournament!

I can get a mean mother of a BBQ happening @ $10bucks a head.

Thanks

dont care which format i just enjoy the competition and if i take a skin or two, bonus. number 4 works though and i would be happy to be in that. what was that comment about supplying the HOT blondes? labradores dont count.

Hey tonx,

was thinking, what not run something with the long & short pattern stuff.

5 games on each, a skin for each game, something for overall.

Pattern poll is comming, as long as I get enough votes in this poll.

If this doesnt work, then tournament bowling in Victoria would be pretty much hopeless. im thinking of setting it up by the end of April to the start of May, so there is no chance of anything else clashing with it. Lets see if Victorian Bowlers know what they want!

Hi Tonx,

No.4 format seems a popular choice - not too costly, and by including a second place skin in each game, I believe that bowlers would like a few extra chances to try to earn some money back.

At the start of the Boronia skins tournament on 13th March, there were more entries than expected, and it was unanimously agreed to include a second skin prize on each game - this had worked very well.

Cheers
Michael

2. scored the vote from me.
being that lower average players get a chance at the $$'s aswel.
this is where the best get better.... and the not so good arent confident enough to play, or even to scared to compete..
lets face it, for a person with an average of below 195, to compete, will have to consecutively bowl a 240+ game to have any chance of taking out a skin !........its not going to happen

would these be scratch events, or handicapped ?

4 is also good, gives a 2nd place prize, quite enticing !

If there are many bowlers who commit to bowl regularly in this type of tournie, why don't we make it a league ? Bowling twice a month at a different venue around VIC each month ? This is for the bowlers who voted Yes in the poll "Calling serious Vic bowlers out" :)

Instead of paying $80 as Alex suggested, we (those in the league) can pay $100 ? We keep the extra for end of league prize fund or something else (like paying out for first entry fee in other tournie?)

Of course, the other bowlers who cannot commit themselves to bowl twice a week can still come and pay the normal price to bowl for the skin prize.

Just a thought ... I will give a hand to help.
G.

TheMatrix said:
If there are many bowlers who commit to bowl regularly in this type of tournie, why don't we make it a league ? Bowling twice a month at a different venue around VIC each month ? This is for the bowlers who voted Yes in the poll "Calling serious Vic bowlers out" :)
Instead of paying $80 as Alex suggested, we (those in the league) can pay $100 ? We keep the extra for end of league prize fund or something else (like paying out for first entry fee in other tournie?)
Of course, the other bowlers who cannot commit themselves to bowl twice a week can still come and pay the normal price to bowl for the skin prize.
Just a thought ... I will give a hand to help.
G.
That will be like Travellers League G..it's been here for yrs. But this format is more for skins tournaments :D You did well at Sunshine G, well done mate ;)

Oh thanks Alex -

Forgive my ignorance :) Don't know much about VIC bowling yet -

Can I have some more info on the Travellers league ?

Ice_Magik said:
Tonx
scratch or handicapped ?

The event would have to be scratch, however if there is enough interest for a handicapped division, im sure we could arrange something! The more the merrier!

Run something like the Vic Open a couple of years ago.

All bowlers bowl in scratch.

You the take the cut out of the field, give the rest handicap, and then create a second cut.

You could run 2 finals or even a doubles final. match the bowlers in the cut with top to bottom, and so on.

We all keep looking formats.

Why dont we look at a tried and true format.

The QLD Twin tour, gets full squads at all events, and is well supported.
Straight forward format, 10 games.
4 division, Handicap & scratch in both Mens & Ladies divisions. You can win cash in both divisions, as well.
100% of 200 handicap, including a negative handicap as well.
This is really aimed at handicap bowlers, but great practice for open bowlers.
The have $70 entry fees and pay between 1 in 3 & 1 in 6.

I could look at some options and would love to get feedback on thier tour.

If you would like to see the entry form the tour click this link http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8979

Lance,
That looks really good , im sure the numbers would be good it doesnt cost too much , i can think of heaps of people that would be up for that .

Christian

Back
Top Bottom