is it too early

harley

hey guys,
ive been bowling for about a year now and hav developed a hooking bowl now.i currently hav a plastic maxim and it spins well but i cant help but wonder that if i get a reactive ball it will make my average a lot higher.Should i get a reactive ball already :? ????

moving to a reactive ball is always a positive step... but start with a beginners ball such as an ebonite tornado or storm hit

your best bet is to get a 2nd hand reactive and then when you get used to to, then start moving up to the better balls. Best to start with a hit or a groove reactive

i think wat muderdoll is sayin is completly 100% rite, go second hand and then go light reactive. dont make the mistake i made buy goin up to a very high hooking ball

hash_spin_bowler said:
i was thinking something in ebonite range.

No no. You definatly want something with a nice big S and STORM written on it. You bowl at Strikezone don't you? Ask Narelle what Hits and Big Hits they have in at the moment in your weight.

Later Da Cowman!

ok ok i get the point.i know storm is the best but there like
250$.Jen is there any reactive balls in the second hand rack? :?

Mate, don't know you but a friendly warning. Ebonite are crap. I bowled with ebonite ever since i
started bowling and they are a huge waste of money. Storm are by far the best brand. If you are looking for something second hand, contact sandor's proshop. He might be able to hook you up with something storm second hand for $100-$200 already plugged and in as new condition; ready to drill.

Hope this helps

tonx said:
Ebonite are crap.

I've also bowled with Ebonite since I started bowling, and I've never had a problem with them. If he wants to use Ebonite that should be up to him. I started off with a Tornado, which was a very good beginners ball for me, and cheaper than the Storm equivalent. Having a few bad experiences with Ebonite doesn't mean that their entire range is unsuitable for every bowler.

A good beginners ball from Storm is the 'Hit'
One can be purchased for approx $180.00
At the moment, I think the only 2nd hand Storm reactive available at Strikezone is the El Nino...15lb, which will be too heavy for you.
If you bowl with 14lb, I might be able to let you have my first reactive...a Storm Forest Fire...

I'd say most of the bowling balls on our house ball rack are crap and react too much for your style, Harley. So I also think you should get a Storm Hit. That'd be perfect for you. Unless you want to get stuck with some ball that hooks way too much and that you can't even control, I'd say get the Hit. :p

Hash, get a second hand ball, don't pay more than $75 for it, any type of reactive will do, thier virtually identicle. The cheaper range of reactives will hook as much as the expensive range, but they can all be drilled to not hook too much.
If Tonx is right about Ebonite balls, than imagine how good I really am, considering I've bowled 300 and currently average 215, only using Ebonite equipment, wow, I will have to change imediately.

willey.

I'd say most of the bowling balls on our house ball rack are crap and react too much for your style, Harley. So I also think you should get a Storm Hit. That'd be perfect for you. Unless you want to get stuck with some ball that hooks way too much and that you can't even control, I'd say get the Hit.
Rowey, I think that a lot of the balls on that rack are nearly dead, therefore they wont hook all that much...

And as for what willey said...all I can say is PERSONAL PREFERANCE is all it comes down to...I started with STORM and have not had a sngle problem, therefore I will continue to use their products...

Catchya at the bowl...
Jen

willey you are a champ!!! change to storm u will average at least 10 pins more!!!!! (lol)

I only got to a 190 average with ebonite (although i still use the warrior) and now i am currently sitting at about 204 with storm.

i could put it down to the fact that forrest hill is a ditch, but i won't.
I will say it is because the killer instinct pearl hooks less than a plastic ball, hits softer than a ball of string, and it isn't storm.

I am sure if you asked around someone in the centre will have something old that has probably been plugged 10 times and they will practically give it to you. You will find that alot of people start like that, and have great success rather than going out and buying something new.

Back
Top Bottom