is anyone going to challenge dandy dunn shield

Whoo hoo Jenny well done my friend. Rachuig finally!!! you go girl!!!

Mary dare I ask who has disappeared from the women's Rachuig team???

Chucker here is my train of thought on the Basis that Northcote will not put down any oil (Almost Guaranteed)

Lanes are wooden as well and I can't have seen many of you guys bowling on dry wooden lanes lately...

Dandenong guys

Mark Dodds - Shot too big for Northcote - no control
Mac Stewart - should have no worries
Paul Francis - Never heard of
Michael Doutch - Too dry
Lee Phillips - " "
Rudy ? - Never heard of
Mick Carlson - " ".

Don't get me wrong, by the sounds of it you have a strong team and you would not only physically kick arse but mentally as well if you were in a centre like Moorabbin or Mooralbark or pretty much any other centre but we are talking about Northcote - one of the only inconsistent AMF centres Left. I don't know who will win as how can you predict decent scores in a dry outdated centre. I think it will be a complete upset.

And who I am doesn't matter - I am not here to make enemies as no doubt will happen if I reveal myself as a topic was posted and I am just giving my 2 cents worth.

Thanks Mary!! :D I appreciate all your support. :)
I'm excited about going, but to miss out on bowling Dunnshield with you, I'm disappointed. But I'm sure you'll make up for me not being there!!

Thanks also to Jane!! :D

Go Dandy!!!!! :D :D :D

Congrats Jenny on the Rachuig call up.
It was disappointing to see you just miss out originally but now you're getting a chance to prove yourself.
I know you'll bowl well and do Victoria proud.
Give em hell. :twisted:

Just out of curiosity does anyone know why Chelsey is no longer bowling in Rachuig? Is it a personal matter or what?
Just curious is all.

Hi brenH,
In response to your curiosity about chelsey you really
could class it as a personal problem. She bowled extremely
well to earn her spot in the team but unfortunately for her
she won't be bowling in townsville, however fortunatlely
for Victoria her shoes will be filled by Jenny whom I more
than sure will do us very proud
Cheers!

Hey BrenH,

Thanks for the Congratulations!! It was disappointing to just miss out originally, but now I've got a second chance & I hope I can prove myself & make The VIC's proud. :D

Your bowling East Coast also aren't you? I'm looking forward to bowling this year. The ladies Scratch Team looks good & we all get on really well, which helps! All the East Coast VIC Teams will do well this year & I can't wait to bring home the winning Trophy!! :)

Go VIC's :D

Hi Jenny,
Congrats on the call up for Rachuig. Just enjoy
the experience..you'll be fine. You'll probably feel quite
a bit of pressure..thats only natural, but our girls are great
and i am sure they will make you feel at ease.

Trots

Hey skippy how is ya?
I just wanted to say good job last weekend you were awsome as
ever BUT i didn't get the ball what's up with that buddy? :( :(
your supposed to look after your friend's.

Speaking of friends chucker would be feeling a little nervous
2day BIG DAY TOMORROW :p :p :p

P.S. Does this mean we get to see you in a penguin suit? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Trots!! :D That's nice coming from a good friend like you. :D

I'm sure I'm going to feel alot of pressure, but I'm up for it. The girls are all great fun & I'm looking forward to bowling with them.

And bowling in the same team as you, we can at least pretent it's Dunnshield as well !! :D

Hey Trotts,

The-plate rockons I'm no good when it's dry?

I reckon he's right, we're screwed buddy, Dandy's never been dry and I must of forgotten growing up in ringwood bowling on broken down guardian conditioned with a century 100.

the_plate,

its about time someone agreed with me;)

you gotta tell me who you are... i need to shake ur hand :lol:

Gee its good to see the centre rivalry is still strong. I havent been in the mix for a while but I must say it sounds like the Dunn Shield hasnt lost any of its excitment.

Good luck to Dandy in a 3peat but i would think that the centre will play a big part in the result. The step back in time to Northcotes lanes will test alot of bowlers and I wouldnt be surprised if some lesser higher profile players find a line and dominate. That said though if you are good enough the conditions shouldnt stop you.

Now I dont know all the teams line-ups but on what I know of the bowlers going around I think the Shield will be between the following 3 teams...

Dandy
Sunshine
Keon
Dark Horse - Northcote (only because they know the lanes)

Does anyone else have a prediction?

Well thats my 2 cents worth.
Good luck to all sides and remember to enjoy yourselves :D

Yep my prediction

DANDY ALL THE WAY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Lindz,
good to see you crawled out from under the rock
you were hiding under after your fine performance at Mildura
I would be hiding too! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Lindz,

I'll make sure I'm there to cheer you on buddy.

They must be pretty confident! Have they ever bowled at Northcote?!?! lol

Good luck to everyone bowling, I'm sure we will see some great bowling :D

dunn shield

Ladies, gentleman and others.....Dandy will win the mens this year with the ladies giving it a big shake also...Dunn Shield is THE event of the year for the team bowler in Melbourne and I would hope the
spirit of the event is maintained (the rivalry also).

My predictions are not based on emotion, for if they were I would have selected KNOX all the way.

How about a competition GRAHAM based on predictions,with the winner getting the opportunity to presenting the overall trophy to the winners in 2004

Maybe we could have a competition as to who can select the most members who will make up the ALL STAR teams both mens and ladies, GRAHAM could u find a sponser for that?????

From the retired one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds good doutchy... but you guys aint gonna win buddy 8)

Reckon we have some brackets and pot games running, then you know chaddy will put up a fight :D

Back
Top Bottom