IGNORANT, ARROGANT or STUPID

The 3 centres suggested so far are all dry...

Surely a pattern that doesn't give free hook would be in order, then we would see who the better BOWLER is.

Sparing is getting better Craig.
You should try your hand @ Tuggeranong, 'cause I KNOW YOU can really bowl.
Ask them to put the pattern they had Saturday 28/3/09 1st day of the Seniors Canberra Cup with the Kegel machine the way it was before it was correctly serviced, and see how well you do.
Haven't seen you bowling lately ???????????

You still need to clean your balls .....regularly!!!!!!!

I was there to see that. Wenban stayed at my house and watching him, it looked just like the league shot they put down every week. It hangs outside and hooks inside because the pattern is short forcing people outside to get to the pocket, then the edges carry down, leaving dry backend in the middle. If you think the left is tough Brien, then try the right when that happens. It's almost like bowling in the 80's except that the ball gets back easier with today's equipment.

And anyway, Tuggeranong isn't that tough. You just get a couple of boards to aim at instead of a couple of arrows and you accept that the scores are a truer indication of how you threw it.

Craig's right, Sport Series scores have become the only ones with any credibility these days.

People at the end of the day centres dont care as they are only concerned that the majority of bowlers are happy .....

Remember the majority of bowlers do bowl for fun & for them to bowl on these patterns wont work they will crack it !!!!
These bowlers may avg 180 & then to drop avg to 140 or 150 is not fun to them....

I actually enjoyed Dandy when it was tougher .Why ! when I did go on an easier pattern in another centre life was a joy !

Again it boils down to the dollar & getting people to bowl for the centres.

People at the end of the day centres dont care as they are only concerned that the majority of bowlers are happy .....

Remember the majority of bowlers do bowl for fun & for them to bowl on these patterns wont work they will crack it !!!!
These bowlers may avg 180 & then to drop avg to 140 or 150 is not fun to them....

I actually enjoyed Dandy when it was tougher .Why ! when I did go on an easier pattern in another centre life was a joy !

QUOTE]

Yes I'm glad l learnt to bowl at Ringwood, nothing easy about that centre but it certainly taught you how to throw good shots. Most people don't want it tough these days, they just want a "centre fabricated" high ave. Learning how to bowl on tough conditions is not high on peoples agenda any more.

Just saw the melb cup list.. Jason do you have a special hat to wear when you drive your Volvo, or do you just leave it on the rear parcel shelf?

The 3 centres suggested so far are all dry...

Surely a pattern that doesn't give free hook would be in order, then we would see who the better BOWLER is.

Dry takes real skill too, you aint bowed until you've had to use a full roller or reach for the blue dot in leauge. Controlling the friction on the back of a flying wet dry takes another set of skills. As does keeping up in a carry contest.

And yes i still have happy memories of bowling at Melton, like Mt Gambier you learned the hard way coz you never quite knew what youd be facing every leauge night.

Dry takes real skill too, you aint bowed until you've had to use a full roller or reach for the blue dot in leauge. Controlling the friction on the back of a flying wet dry takes another set of skills. As does keeping up in a carry contest.

And yes i still have happy memories of bowling at Melton, like Mt Gambier you learned the hard way coz you never quite knew what youd be facing every leauge night.

I just have the gut feel that Wayne and Brien would handle the dry ok.

I reckon Mt Gambier would nearly beat Essendon for not knowing what you were going to get before they shut down... Not sure if they had an oiling machine in the end but the last time i bowled there, they still used oil soaked rags to oil the lanes.

I bowed Essendon too, loved those black areas in the heads. Glad i didnt take my stuff there and found a white dot that kind of fitted

ESSENDON WHAT A BOWL.
I learned to bowl there on wood and yes no machine just oily soaked rags and depending on the mood of the tech depending on the pressure he applied to those rags. I reckon it beat Southern cross (just).Name another centre that you could bowl and race your slot cars and eat pizza.
Some Good bowling there from Bradford, Bob Devlin, Big Bill Probovnic.and alot of others.In its day it had a pretty strong league base.
The head tech from Essendon still in the game at Moorabbin (ZORRO)
AND BY THE WAY I AM A LEFTY Sometimes to beat carry I JUST CHUCK.:D:D:surrender::surrender:
CHEERS
Ian Strahan

Ahhh Southern Cross, werent they like that because there was a pool on the floor below the bowl?(hope you're reading this stuff kiddies!!! :p)

ESSENDON WHAT A BOWL.
I learned to bowl there on wood and yes no machine just oily soaked rags and depending on the mood of the tech depending on the pressure he applied to those rags. I reckon it beat Southern cross (just).Name another centre that you could bowl and race your slot cars and eat pizza.
Some Good bowling there from Bradford, Bob Devlin, Big Bill Probovnic.and alot of others.In its day it had a pretty strong league base.
The head tech from Essendon still in the game at Moorabbin (ZORRO)
AND BY THE WAY I AM A LEFTY Sometimes to beat carry I JUST CHUCK.:D:D:surrender::surrender:
CHEERS
Ian Strahan

Rushcutter Bowl.

Had the black heads there as well as well as 3 lanes upstairs that never worked as they had been ratted for parts

Enfield Bowl had a slot car track built over the lanes 1-4 in the late 60's early 70's.

Brenton, I worked at Rushcutter when AMF took over Management of the Centre in 1983, we only had 51 and 52 out with parts missing at the time, I was the Head Tech, my Supervisors were too lazy to get me the parts to fix them, they had a store of Second hand 30 parts at the Warehouse but they kept losing my list. As I was transferred to Hurstville mid 1985( I don't think the Manager liked me ) I never did see what they did to resolve the situation at Rushcutter, and I was asked if I wanted to help with the World Cup being held that year, I quickly told them I was not keen to go anywhere near the place, it was an embarrassment. I knew I could fix the machines as I had been Head Tech in 1977-78 and I had them working better than anybody had seen them run before, Kozaki was impressed. I again worked at Rushcutter as a Supervisor in 1990-91, Steve Mackie put me in Charge of 5 Centres in Sydney and Newcastle, I was able to cut the trouble call rate from 600 calls a week to 200 in 3 weeks, whilst training people who had never worked on 30's.

The lanes weren't that bad when we took over, AMF spent a bit of money and re-surfaced the lanes, re-carpeted and painted, the Top deck hadn't been re-surfaced for 8 years. The fun part was we only had 1 oiling machine, so the Top deck only got oiled twice a week, as we had to carry the machine upstairs, fortunately it was a Unimatic, much lighter than a Century and they oiled the lanes better. With the carrying, the machine used to crack it's frame, so we needed to Weld it a couple of times.

willey

Mutual Bowl

under flinders street station. I think about 12 or 14 lanes it was so long ago. 1967ish i think. Lots of cheap pinball machines when a washer made them work. Now they were the days (my illspent youth). Does anybody else remember bowling there. I dont think they had league but i may be wrong.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom