How to shatter a bowlers ambition

Willey,

if you had ever bowled Rachuig you would know that every 1 of the 140 bowlers out there are playing for a sheep station like paul said.

I have spoken to the bowler from our team. He struggled through Nationals & his 1st year of Rachuig as many 1st timers & experienced bowlers did this year.
Hopefully he has the determination now to get out there work on his game and do what is needed to get to the next level and next time he makes the team he will be more prepared.

There is 130 - 140 bowlers that bowl Rachuig every year & they keep coming back

You are not obviously talking about our Women's team right?

What did we have 1 try out ?

Cheers

Tony

Dont **** it up for those that do enjoy the event, well Chin this exactly what this whole thread is about. How can you possibly enjoy the event if your made to sit out the entire Tournament, and if that Team didn't win than what a complete waste, whereas if they did Win, than that Bowler cannot say they are part of the Team.

Obviously there's a Sheep Station involved somewhere?

willey

just my opinion here and i will openly say ive never bowled in rachuig

but Rachuig is the elite team tournament in this country theres no room for being fair and letting everyone have a go just for the sake of it.

You dont see State of Origin coaches messure how many minutes the bench players have so they get a fair run. Using that example i can actually remember a bloke called Aaron Raper who sat the whole game on the bench in 1997. As long as who sits out and who bowls is done on performance it should be whats in the best interest of the team getting the desired result.

Yes, your right again Mr Negativity.

No name calling Robbie..........!!! Chucker lol....

you two don't stop, do ya?? :D:D and you're supporting the same state!! LMAO

I'm sure Chris will come out in the end a better bowler....as mentioned before, if he uses the disappointment of this year to fuel the fire next year, he will be all the better for it.

I know a bowler in SA who has rolled off at least a 1/2 dozen times and finished 8th in roll-offs in at least 3 of them.....I'm sure he wouldn't mind pulling on that state shirt and being benched for 3/4 of the tournament.....such is his desire to bowl Rachuig. now tell that bowler there's no sheep stations involved!

Enough rant for now....

I'm sure Chris will come out in the end a better bowler....as mentioned before, if he uses the disappointment of this year to fuel the fire next year, he will be all the better for it.

I know a bowler in SA who has rolled off at least a 1/2 dozen times and finished 8th in roll-offs in at least 3 of them.....I'm sure he wouldn't mind pulling on that state shirt and being benched for 3/4 of the tournament.....such is his desire to bowl Rachuig. now tell that bowler there's no sheep stations involved!

Enough rant for now....

I'm sure he will to. It would be good if all 7 guys were averaging 210+ you could all bowl 15 games. When there not you have to manage your playing 5 a liitle better and when Chris sat down & looked back he realised that.

We did, the year you bowled your last rachuig Tony.

Howd you like that one Michael.

What do you do when the 100% fit bowlers cant beat bowlers 75% fit.

As a former captain of a 5 man touring league competition (country challenge) in NSW, I often had to make this decision on the basis of "what was best for the team". but the team members all knew before hand that if everyone in the starting line up bowled well, that the first reserve would only come in to replace some one if a bowler was struggling to bowl a pre-determined sit out score (200). letting the bowlers know before hand that this was the way it was, usually saved them from to much disappointment !!! if more than one bowler failed to bowl (200) well then it was low score sit regardless of win lose or draw.

only difference is with country challenge (as far as southwest district anyway) is if a bowler is registered for a round in a line up, they must bowl a minimum of 1 game per round to qualify for the final should the team make it. personally in this years rounds i played 47/50 games possible. 1st 2 i missed was in the 1st round cause i bowled crap the previous games, and the next game a few rounds later was because i was injured.

all our team members are aware that if they bowl rubbish chances are they will sit out the next game

I can claim that i dont know a single thing about Rachuig (you tend to not know much out in the sticks) but from what im reading, the only difference is we have a game minimum in the country challenge to progress if the team is successful.

Mannah as someone who does occasionally feel like they let the team down with their bad scores, but as someone who more often see's team mates feel disappointed at their bad scores, all you can do is talk to them. Their scores were good enough during qualifying to make the team. not many people can lay claim to that. they might not have bowled on the day/week/month etc but they were still good enough to make it in the 1st place, and that is somethin special.

i was in the president shield this year, first year in it, and excited as hell about it. I wasn't in the starting line up but when it came for me to bowl i didn't bowl well, i got 1 out of 3 points, i was pulled out for the rest of the shield. Though it was hard knowing that i wasn't going to get another game most probably, instead of getting angry or depressed, i filled drinks cheered and hi-5ed to get the teams spirits and individuals spirits up. Even if you do not get a game or only a few, its a big thing to just make the team, probably the first step to accepting it is that "you" made the team, and that noone can take that away. :)

My 2 cents :D

I have seen both sides of this argument.
Last year I bowled 3 games, Averaged 199 and we came 3rd. I was pretty disapointed with not bowling many games, BUT we had a great team result.!!.
This year I bowled 15 games, Averaged 160 odd and we came equal 8th and I was even more disapointed. Sure I bowled majority of the games, but I was never lined up and I felt like an idiot out there letting the team down when I struggled to hit the head pin.
I would have much rathered sit on the bench knowing I wasn't bowling well with time to get my head and shot right, but at the same time just wanted to do all I could to help the team!!.
Debates over minimum games can put more pressure on the bowlers, if your out there struggling throwing a 120 knowing goshh I've got to bowl again next game, how can I bounce back from it! Its enough to break your confidence for the entire day or even week.
The way it is now if you have a shocker you know Okay I can sit out a game or two, and get your head together, allowing a stronger bowler to come in and take the pressure off, while you can be there supporting and then get down on the practice lanes.
I even heard it from Aaron from Tassie, Sure I bowled 3 games, BUT WE WON RACHUIG!!!
Thats what its about!!
Rachuig is Rachuig, its cut throat and I learnt so much this year even with how much of a shocker I had, But it will make me go back to the drawing board and work harder! Which also is down to the tough but definantly much appreciated patterns this year!

just my opinion here and i will openly say ive never bowled in rachuig

but Rachuig is the elite team tournament in this country theres no room for being fair and letting everyone have a go just for the sake of it.

You dont see State of Origin coaches messure how many minutes the bench players have so they get a fair run. Using that example i can actually remember a bloke called Aaron Raper who sat the whole game on the bench in 1997. As long as who sits out and who bowls is done on performance it should be whats in the best interest of the team getting the desired result.

Again, poor example. Aaron Raper would have pocketed a nice 6 to 10 grand for his effort, not to mention all the other freebies like flights, food and drink ...

i was in the president shield this year, first year in it, and excited as hell about it. I wasn't in the starting line up but when it came for me to bowl i didn't bowl well, i got 1 out of 3 points, i was pulled out for the rest of the shield. Though it was hard knowing that i wasn't going to get another game most probably, instead of getting angry or depressed, i filled drinks cheered and hi-5ed to get the teams spirits and individuals spirits up. Even if you do not get a game or only a few, its a big thing to just make the team, probably the first step to accepting it is that "you" made the team, and that noone can take that away. :)

My 2 cents :D

Spoken like you have 6 Shield shirts, not just one.

You are to be commended. A few of us adults should take a leaf out of your book.

In my first Rchuig, Sam Parella said to me the night before the first day, that i was in the starting line up becuase i had performed well in the lead up.
He also stated to me that rachuig was a lot different to nationals and "IF" i didnt perform then i would be sitting on the bench with the other guy.
Rachuig comes down to - if you dont bowl well enough to win your personal game or help to win your TEAM game, then you sit out and support you TEAM mates.

Just my opinion.

Dolly

Back
Top Bottom