How Long Does it Take to Get a TBA Card?

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
Paid for mine in February. Still no sign of it. At least I'm in the system, Im told though.

Glad nobody's asked to see the thing this year! ;)

Jase

I got mine eventually after waiting about two or three months. So I guess in your case you might get it before next February?

Dont Worry Jase,

I paid for mine Dec 08 when our season finished. Still no sign of it.

Maybe if i dont pay for next year, i wonder if they will chase me for my money. I reckon they would.

Sounds like the way to go...pay online. Still waiting for mine. Doesn't help when you need your rego number for nationals.

Couldn't you guys phone TBA and ask them if they received the application in the first place?

If they havent got it then maybe the people you gave the money to never passed it on....

You can also contact your State Office for your registration number - all State Offices have access to the National Data Bank.

Our cards were also taking a long time so we asked the centre to whom we had paid the money and they hadn't been sent to TBA but within a week or so the cards arrived.

I also paid for mine in February and no sign of it....guess i'll just keep on carrying the proof of payment around in my wallet

Card printing runs close on the 16th of each month and cards come out about 2-3 weeks later so provided whoever you paid your money to has entered the membership applications online and has paid for them you should have them. We paid for ours in January but apparently there were initial teething problems and the first batch were not processed until March 16th. We got our cards in early April in the mail. You may need to check what address was on your membership application form and whether this has been put in the TBA registration system properly. If you have moved address then it would have been sent to your old address.

If you need your number your centre representative will be able to access your Centres TBA database and get a printout for you showing your number. I have done this where bowlers in my centre needed their number but have not yet received their card or have lost it.

I also paid for mine in February and no sign of it....guess i'll just keep on carrying the proof of payment around in my wallet

Zac - I think you should make some strong enquiries as to why your application hasnt been forwarded to the National Body.

Chances are that if your money hasnt been paid in there are others in the same boat. Did you pay your Centre or do you have a Local Area secretary?

Either way this is very wrong. Personally I would either phone or email the National Office and give them all the details, this is something they should be following up. At the very least it is mis-use of funds.

I got a call from John Coxon last night. Basically he advised me that the centre had put me in the system, but the money hasn't made it's way to TBA. I appreciate him taking the time out of his busy schedule to follow it up.

Seems to be a recurring theme on this thread. And it's worth taking your receipt to to your point of payment and asking them to follow it up. After all, if the centre's aren't doing they're bit, it's not TBA's fault. In fact, I'd take a copy of the receipt and then they can't lose the original.

Cheers,
Jason

Jason

I must point out that Mentone took my payment but were submitting all the registrations at the end of the month in bulk so the time I waited probably was right in the end when you take into account transit and workload issues.

I too agree "Never hand over an original receipt unless you have a copy!" once bitten twice shy they say.

John also left me a message.

Which i am appriciative of.

i have been told by the preident of my league at woodville, that they are looking into it. i hve my rego number on a peice of paper in my bag.

but, they have told me that i sould have it as it was sent to my home address.

I guess i will just hae to wait. No rush here, as i dont bowl tournaments anymore.

I got a call from John Coxon last night. Basically he advised me that the centre had put me in the system, but the money hasn't made it's way to TBA. I appreciate him taking the time out of his busy schedule to follow it up.

Seems to be a recurring theme on this thread. And it's worth taking your receipt to to your point of payment and asking them to follow it up. After all, if the centre's aren't doing they're bit, it's not TBA's fault. In fact, I'd take a copy of the receipt and then they can't lose the original.

Cheers,
Jason

As far as I'm aware, I believe there was a bit of a delay in communication between AMF and TBA during the processes of TBA setting up the correct accounts and AMF compiling all of the information. At this stage I believe all these matters have been resolved so they are expecting that any bowler that has registered through AMF will be receiving their cards in the next mail out later this month.

If bowlers wanted to check to make sure or needed confirmation earlier due to tournament commitments I believe all AMF centres are able to look up the bowler and confirm their registration with their TBA number.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Zac - I think you should make some strong enquiries as to why your application hasnt been forwarded to the National Body.

Chances are that if your money hasnt been paid in there are others in the same boat. Did you pay your Centre or do you have a Local Area secretary?

Either way this is very wrong. Personally I would either phone or email the National Office and give them all the details, this is something they should be following up. At the very least it is mis-use of funds.

I paid the League Secretary for my Tuesday night league at Woodville...funny thing is one of my fellow team members also paid their registration for the same league on the same night, and they received their card in the post within a matter of a month or two.

Thanks for the advice and yes I think I might get in contact with the National Office, would be nice to be recognized by the TBA for bowling a 300 this year :)

Cheers,
Zac Krebbekx

i paid my membership earlier this year at the same time as my wife. We were told our membership numbers by the bowling centre where we paid, my wife has her card and I haven't seen mine. Doesn't make sense.

Two hours later and the TBA have contacted me about my card it has been sent but to the wrong address due to whom ever that typed in my address incorrectly from the centre. I am quite impressed in the quick actions of the TBA, very professional.
I will be taking the wrong details issue up with the centre tomorrow.

TBA have been very prompt. Kudos to them. I for one am looking forward to TBA having their online payment system up and running for next year. From what I'm hearing, it'll save a lot of us (esp. TBA) a lot of hassle.

Back
Top Bottom