How Long Did it Take for your very first 300 to come?

Hmmm really is that what you think is it?

And you have had how many? I'm only 31 and didn't start bowling until I was 10 so make that 21years. However working to your theory bigman " after waiting that long you'd think I might get one".

Well im very impressed with alot of achievements that everyone has done with 300 success. Thankyou so much for all your replys. Well i have been back bowling since 1999 but without any luck on bowling that annoying 300 that runs through my mind almost everytime i bowl.:)

What goes through your mind when you start to string those strikes together and getting closer to the end of your game.
How do keep yourself calm from losing your way of getting there to a 300?::confused:

hamster; I'd probably be without one if it wasn't for technology. Hamster[/QUOTE said:
Do you really think that's what it is? Technology?

I've been wondering. In the first 5 years of bowling in Australia, 1960 to 1965, there were 4, yes FOUR 300 games bowled . There was a huge number of games bowled in that 5 years.

And here I was, seeing almost an average of one a week being reported in the "High Game & or Series & or Achievments" thread, thinking how much more skill to-day's bowlers must have.

Just as well I've decided to buy a new ball when I start bowling again.
Who knows what may happen?

Do you really think that's what it is? Technology?

I've been wondering. In the first 5 years of bowling in Australia, 1960 to 1965, there were 4, yes FOUR 300 games bowled . There was a huge number of games bowled in that 5 years.

And here I was, seeing almost an average of one a week being reported in the "High Game & or Series & or Achievments" thread, thinking how much more skill to-day's bowlers must have.

Just as well I've decided to buy a new ball when I start bowling again.
Who knows what may happen?

It IS without doubt the technology
Bowling Balls are crazy now compared to Rubber or plastic balls
You can let a reactive ball go really badly and it still hits like a truck
In the days of plastic and rubber it would be a much deserved result
like 5 / 7 / 10 or 7/9 & 8/10 or just an 8 count like you should get
but today it is a strike
AND you get your strike by missing your target inside or out up to 10 boards

Sad really !!!!

I started bowling at 10 yrs old and threw my first 300 at 18 yrs old at Brunswick Youth Cup in 04 then finally threw my second & third with in a month in 07 and now have 7 300's.

Hmmm really is that what you think is it?

And you have had how many? I'm only 31 and didn't start bowling until I was 10 so make that 21years. However working to your theory bigman " after waiting that long you'd think I might get one".

yeh should but by the looks of it getting 300 is hard then i thought im 19 and only been bowling for about 1 and bit years avging 214+ in my leagues and 184 on the sports and have come close few times but everyone has there own skill sets and learns differently and at different speeds i didn't mean to offend you i just think you need to learn to settle down also its a friendly chat board and should stay that way. ;)

Started in 2000 (I think, may have been 1999). I am still without a 300, so that makes it 10 or 11 years so far.

Have had 3 good chances:

295 - Redcliffe - greek church 12th shot
298 - Aspley - through the nose, think it was a 3,6 leave (either that or 6,10)
289 - Mt Gravatt - front 10 all flush, 11th shot best of them all, absolutely rock solid 8 pin sat staring back at me.

I will get it one day.

Started bowling in 1968 and had my first 300 in 2008 at the young age of 56 !
It was worth the wait though and it doesn't really worry me if I never have another one because as they say " been there, done that ".

31 year without one hmm after that long you would think you might get one hmm maybe soon it will come for you.

A 300 game just doesn't get plucked out of thin air.. Some people go threw a whole career of bowling and don't get one. Doesn't mean there any less of a bowler. :)

thats true, I believe Cara Honeychurch excelled for quite a long time without bowling a 300 game. (her first was in america, or something?)

willey, you're right. I just looked it up on the TBA site. 1998. Her first, of 3 in Australia.
was 2001.

A 300 game just doesn't get plucked out of thin air.. Some people go threw a whole career of bowling and don't get one. Doesn't mean there any less of a bowler. :)

i wasn't thinking that at all i was just saying after that long you would think so but oh well and sorry if it didn't sound to good i sometimes just type and dont read what i type Roysa sorry.

Started bowling at Ringwood when l was 16, stopped at age 25. Had 10 yrs off and have had 3 since returning to the game 18 months ago. What an eye opener, after my first 9yrs at Ringwood having to hit 2 boards to ave 185 and then walking in to Boronia and ave goes to 225 within 3 months. Oil patterns aren't what they used to be.

Bluey, I’ve been sitting here staring at your post. We’re both a bit off topic, but really that’s amazing. Wouldn’t mean much to bowlers of the last 20 years, but it really blows my mind. Have a look at the Wood / Synthetic Thread, and what I’ve asked there, and what I said about early 60s techniques. I didn’t explain it well enough though. When I said accuracy of approach, etc., etc., what I meant was, that my aim for the ball was ALWAYS the join between 2 boards. I considered I’d missed my spot if I missed that. Practicing, I’d put a little ( say 2mm ) roll of plasticine along the join, and if I didn’t flatten it with the ball, I’d missed. I used to check the finish position of my sliding foot, every delivery, to see it was in the same position. I had four marks on my right shoe, dividing a board into 4, to line up my start position on the approach, so I could adjust ¼ board at a time.
When I was bowling again recently, before I was forced by injury to stop, I bowled at Ballina, ( wooden lanes ) where really the playing conditions haven’t changed much for years. Cameron Walsh, who has been an Australian Rep, has been head tech. there since the early to mid nineties, and now owns the Centre. He knows what he’s doing, and there are no ‘gimme’ conditions, nor ridiculously hard ones. Witness that his brother, Jason, last time I looked, had a league average of 214.
When I last bowled in a few tourneys away from Ballina, in the late 90s, to about 2002, no centre I bowled in had Synthetic lanes, and few had any of the modern crop of oiling machines..
I can’t wait to get back, bowl on some of these magic conditions, with a modern ball. ( If I can manage to understand anything about how I’m supposed to use it ! ) and see if I can get back close to that old accuracy

the only reason y knucklehead got that 300 at brunswick was because he was eating my damn good lollies you know it chris

Back
Top Bottom