HELP HELP

S

Simmo

I BOWLED IN A ROLL OFF ON THE WEEKEND AND MI MENTAL GAME DESSERTED ME AND I DIDENT RECOVER IT WAS UGLY .

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN OR KNOW A GOOD SPORTS PHYC THAT I COULD SEE IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA :?: :?

THANKS SIMMO [/b]

ok our state team psyco, is Geof (with out the other f) Marsland GREAT BLOKE... Very funny... has helped with the mental side of my game last year and will/has already help our new boys and girls with only 1 sesson...

Ashley From Team SA

p.s. i think u can get his email of the www.tenpin.org.au web site

P.P.S i can tell u know anyone that has had him will agree with me!

if you have found you can't use your mental game just go and sit somewhere alone and think about wot you are doing different and think why has this happened and also go back to the basics of the mental game trust me it helps. :D :D

Burying your head in your towl always helps me out in a time of need.
A few deep breaths, look and all the garbage on the floor beneath you, and go from there.

If that doesn't work, no offense, but you have a worse problem that I do my firend.

Yahoo

Burying your head in your towl always helps me out in a time of need.
A few deep breaths, look and all the garbage on the floor beneath you, and go from there.

If that doesn't work, no offense, but you have a worse problem that I do my firend.

Yahoo

process vs outcome

great players work on what processes they have to go thru each shot

bad players reflect on the outcome then get worried if the outcome isn't going their way, thus panic

all anyone can do, is make the best possible shot they can, shot after shot, the one who bowls the most great shots wins

everything is the law of averages

Re-Focus. Completely. Do something that will take your mind off it completely. Throw a few shots and get the feel back. KISS-Keep It Simple Stupid. The basics processes done correctly make high scores. Go back to focusing on your pushaway, balance at the foul line, pushing to your target. Pick one aspect and focus on it. Nail it and nail your shot. If your struggling to re-focus try to balance on one foot, then with your eyes shut. Then on yours toes, still with your eyes shut. Finally look up while balancing on one foot on your toes with your eyes shut. I'll bet you can't do it if your not completely focused on it. Unless your a 13 year old Olympic Gymnast, but lets forget about them smartasses.

Later Da Cowman!

A good thing to do when you're not bowling too well and you're feeling like crap is to put all your energy into your spares if you can't strike. If you can spare, then just keep adjusting until you find a strike shot and go for it. If you can't spare than you just have to adjust your spare shot as well, but try not to let it get to you like a cretain person i know does. :lol: Another thing you can try is to watch what shots people are playing and see which shots are scoring the best. Try the shot that seems to e working well for others frstly and see if it helps out. Then, if it doesn't work, try a shot that feels good for you. Just keep adjusting until you feel like you've got it. Also watch the ball speed of bowlers. It helps in tournaments if you watch the squads before you if you get a chance and see what shots they are playing. I don;t know if you'd know the pushaway/extnedaway drill, but that helps with your swing and accuracy. Also watch how people are scoring, because it's more than likely that they'll be bowling like you and be having similar troubles. If you miss a frame, shake it off and move to the next. Also helps not to look at stnadings sheets because it won't put pressure on you and you'll be able to go out on the lanes and play your game without having to worry about bowling better. Hope this helps you, mate. :p

Bubyee

Rowey :p

If you can spare, then just keep adjusting until you find a strike shot and go for it. If you can't spare than you just have to adjust your spare shot as well, but try not to let it get to you like a cretain person i know does
Are you reffering to me there Mr Rowan?

If your struggling to re-focus try to balance on one foot, then with your eyes shut. Then on yours toes, still with your eyes shut. Finally look up while balancing on one foot on your toes with your eyes shut. I'll bet you can't do it if your not completely focused on it. Unless your a 13 year old Olympic Gymnast, but lets forget about them smartasses.
That is good for a laugh...can the next person that sees me losing my cool remind me of this?? Thanks. HAHA.

~Mrs Storm~ said:
If you can spare, then just keep adjusting until you find a strike shot and go for it. If you can't spare than you just have to adjust your spare shot as well, but try not to let it get to you like a cretain person i know does
Are you reffering to me there Mr Rowan?

Hehe, no, not this time, cos that's me for sure.

Great site - may help!

Please visit this site! http://www.bowlingfans.com

About 12 months ago I found this site and it helped me enormously with my mental game...I shared it with my friend and it helped her also. My average went up almost immediately and I give that credit completely to this site. I keep a notebook with some key points I read on this site and refer to it when I hit a low point during a comp. The most important thing I found on this site was the quote- "You trained it now trust it!" and I say that to myself quiet regularly when I lose faith. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom