Emerson Shield 2005

Porto, breathe take your time and it will all be fine. Lol.

Rob, I did not think that you could use things such as those as they were considered to be ultering the surface for other players.

Gatsby, you obviously had the wrong opponents when the scoring had not been started, same thing happened with us and my opponent said that the score was good and punched in himself. Thanks Lance.

Porto the problem is not we type to fast but you read to slow.....lol

I'm also suprised you can stand still long enough to read anything:crazyeye: \\:D/

Porto

I know what your problem is you need to get a left-handed keyboard:D

Then you will be able to keep up

This thread has been more active since the event, than the weeks leading up to it.

Camers, almost regretted it, when it came down to the 10th frame for the win:p

Porto, perhaps 2 hands would be quicker mate. :eek:

Carmers said:
Gatsby, you obviously had the wrong opponents when the scoring had not been started, same thing happened with us and my opponent said that the score was good and punched in himself. Thanks Lance.
Our opponents were quite happy for the strike to count - it was only when they went to ask for a score correction that the "fun" began. (Although Sydpies makes a good point - i don't think i actually mentioned that i was team captain and, in the absence of a team manager, I was in charge of following up the issue. I guess as far as he knew i was just another complaining, argumentative bowler.)
Anyway, i am happy i now have my answer and as far as i am concerned that should be the end of it. Thanks for your comments.

Gary Black

Sydpies said:
Also please let me assure you at no stage did I think you were having a go at the official and my comments was only to make you aware (in case you did not know) how stressful Steve was all weekend with running the event and hoping that the scoring was 100% correct, (which it was not at the start on Sat) and that the machinery would hold up for the event.
I was just making sure i was not being misunderstood - was not a whinge - i was just seeking clarification
Sydpies said:
One major break down resulting in about a 30 minute delay (longest 7 pin spare shot in history for lance) and that was a great effort by Steve and his staff.
I totally agree
Sydpies said:
So don't take it personal when people reply to your comments or questions,no one was suggesting that you were having a go at any official, we were just trying to answer with what happened on the day.
I wasn't taking it personally - just wanting to make sure (by repeating myself) that it was not seen as a personal attack. It is easy on this forum to put someting into writing that gets misstaken and the thread takes a whole different direction than the intended one. That is why i have tried to keep it on track.
Sydpies said:
Anyway mate stay cool :p this years event was a great one and hopefully we will enjoy many more in years to come.:cool:
The event was a great event - hoping to qualify for next years final already. I didn't consider this a big deal, we were over it pretty much straight away (though the bowler involved got a bit annoyed for a couple of frames.) I just wasn't sure whether i was right or wrong. I would approach a similar situation a bit differently next time.

Gary glad to see everything sorted out and could I make a suggestion that you guys put some of your thoughts down on paper and send to Goldpin Victoria, at least they can discuss some of your ideas / suggestions and make the event bigger and better next year.

As for Porto buy a wireless key board then you could walk and type at the same time. this would help you keep up with the rest of the world...hehehe
Very hard thou keeping up with one of the best lefties in the land:cool:

Its a testament to the tournament becoming really popular and hopefully only getting better, new friends made, odds given, friendly rivalry, heaps of sportsmanship, slabs won, all that kinda stuff.

All good :)

Well said Adam.

Its a medium for people who only ever used to get to chat and catch up once or twice a year to conitnue friendships made.

So when the last post made on this thread, IS IT FINALLY OVER? Is it time to let the post go? RIP Emmerson Shield Thread, you served us well. Lol.

i am still waiting to see who had the highest average thrown against them and the lowest average

and something different, the average highest winning margin per game

craig said:
i am still waiting to see who had the highest average thrown against them and the lowest average
and something different, the average highest winning margin per game
I don't have that data. The data i got came from the round by round standing sheets. I can work out individual games, but i have no idea who those games were bowled against - except for Colac as we wrote up our own sheets.
I know that we had one guy that only had 160 average against him on the Saturday but i am not sure how his average against finished up.

carmers said:
Gatsby, can we get a breakdown one last time of people who posted v's number of posts?
Gatsby 129
craig 112
Carmers 104
Woza 101
rychenroller 57
Assassin_300 53
xpense 51
Vaughnn 37
Purple_Tweety 33
bowlrig 15
wheelbarrow 15
granat 14