Ebonite Sport Series #4 Results. Plastic Ball Event

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who turned up today for our inaugural Plastic Ball event. It truly was one of the most unique events we've had and everyone who played enjoyed the challenge that only using one ball presented.

The final results:

Stephen Cowland 2076
Chris Harvey 2074
Scott Lutschini 2036
Rob Magill 1952
Breanne Butler 1945
Dale Fitzgerald 1837
Chris Thomas 1829
David Rosser 1772
Damien Busst 1763
Jason Doust 1687
John 'Vezo' Velo 1554
Jeffs Cutts 1553
Steve McMullen 1471
John Cowland 922 Retired hurt.

Thanks to MacArthur for their help today, and as always to Ebonite for their continued support of the series.
And to lane 15, for really throwing us a curveball today!

Thanks, John and Stephen

Dad just reminded me that we only had 5-7-10's left today. We have decided to not name names, although Dale, Bree and Steve definitely had the best views...
And a special mention should go to Chris 'My Bridesmaid' Harvey who bowled a fantastic 960 series for the last four games to give Scott and myself at the top a real run!

Cow

G'Day,

Thanks guys, dare I say it was fun. By the fifth game I was shot, with only five strikes it felt like I had already bowled 9 games.

It was good though, I learnt some more which was important. I also learnt that surface on a plastic ball does not do much more than make it a little harder to throw, thanks to Jason D for pointing that one out in the last game. I also learnt that if you throw the ball past the 30 odd foot of oil it bounces.

Well done to Stephen, Chris and Scott for keeping the plastic in the positive. Also a special mention to Brea for giving the blokes a good run and throwing some of the nicest strikes I all day.

Big congrats to Stephen on the win today. To watch him finish on 15&16 with lane 15 hooking a pinch more (my first shot missed all the pins left!). He found a way to get the ball to the pocket consistently on both lanes. He also covered a 3-6-9-10 in the clutch. Very impressive to watch.

And to Chris, so close mate. Was an awesome finish and if it hadn't been for lane 15 you would have shown the field a clean pair of heels.

Look forward to seeing you all at the next one. Hopefully all the lanes get oiled this time.

Well bowled Cow and Chris. I had the pleasure of being paired with Chris and he was great to watch. As I was throwing the ball so poorly, I did the honourable thing and changed lines to give him a clean run at the right part of the lane. It seemed unfair to trash his line when he was throwing it so well and I clearly wasn't. Looking forward to the next one and hope to be feeling better and throwing it better.

Cheers,
Jason

Definately a unique and enjoyable experience from my end, i found ball speed and angle of rotation comming into play a little more than usual for carry and even for making the pocket on some lanes.
Well done to Stephen for the win, and to Chris for well and truly over taking me with the exceptional 4game series.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom