Ebonite Sport Series Event #4 Plastic Ball Event!

Jason Doust
JP Li
Chris Harvey
Stephen Cowland
Dave Rosser
John Velo
Jeff Cutts
Brianne Butler
Alan Shephard
Chris Thomas
Dale Fitzgerald
Andrew Magill
Camerson Diversi
Adam Svechheimers
John Cowland
Matt Smith
Scott Lutschini
Robert Magill
Samantha Edwards
Jess Ryan

Cheers, Stephen and John

a plastic is a plastic, if it has a pancake weight block you should be able to use it. thats like saying you can only use only one type of reactive this weekend. so you would have to go buy a new plastic to bowl in this. you will miss on entries cause of this rule. your rules, with any plastic you still need to bowl a good consistent shot to bowl well.

a plastic is a plastic, if it has a pancake weight block you should be able to use it.

That is our rule... The only exception being the Viz-A-Ball, which has a softer cover stock, which provides more friction with the lane, and, as I've written previously, having seen the difference first hand between the Viz-A-Ball and the T-Zones, is a rule I will stand by. In fact, on of our regular bowlers who has a Viz-A-Ball understands and is bowling anyway, I assume with either an old Plastic he has, or he is buying a new one for the event.

We provided an event that many people had been asking for. We aren't expecting 50+ entries, just wanting to provide a different, and very interesting, challenge for our bowlers.

Even on our normal Sport Shots, you still need to bowl a consistent shot to score well, anyone who has been to our events will testify to that.

I hope to see you at the event, if not, hopefully the one after.

Cow

cow but you haven't stated that you can't sand down your plastic what is your thought on that...
if you do that your plastic will turn more. should be clear on all ball surfacers from sanded to polished..

That is our rule... The only exception being the Viz-A-Ball, which has a softer cover stock, which provides more friction with the lane, and, as I've written previously, having seen the difference first hand between the Viz-A-Ball and the T-Zones, is a rule I will stand by. In fact, on of our regular bowlers who has a Viz-A-Ball understands and is bowling anyway, I assume with either an old Plastic he has, or he is buying a new one for the event.

We provided an event that many people had been asking for. We aren't expecting 50+ entries, just wanting to provide a different, and very interesting, challenge for our bowlers.

Even on our normal Sport Shots, you still need to bowl a consistent shot to score well, anyone who has been to our events will testify to that.

I hope to see you at the event, if not, hopefully the one after.

Cow

Adjusting ball surface is perfectly acceptable. It's just not realistic to expect, or monitor, every single ball surface that someone turns up with.

This isn't perfect. We aren't pretending it is. People wanted to see one, I wanted to see a plastic ball event, so we are running one. We are trying to make it fair, and replicate the Plastic Ball event which the PBA run as close as we can. Unfortunately, we don't have a sponsor to donate 100 plastics so everyone in the event can have 2 plastics. In the PBA everyone had the SAME balls. It was entirely their choice what they did with the surface. By eliminating plastics that are out of the normal spectrum of plastics we are making it as fair as possible.

Sanding a Viz-A-Ball will provide even more hook again, as well as ruining your Viz-A-Ball, unless you have Dales white one, which provides a bigger advantage again.

Cow

Updated squad list

Jason Doust
JP Li
Chris Harvey
Stephen Cowland
Dave Rosser
John Velo
Jeff Cutts
Brianne Butler
Alan Shephard
Chris Thomas
Dale Fitzgerald
Andrew Magill
Camerson Diversi
Adam Svechheimers
John Cowland
Matt Smith
Scott Lutschini
Robert Magill
Samantha Edwards
Jess Ryan
Sam Cooley
Scott Hooper

Cow

Please remove Andrew Magill from the list. Campbelltown won their STBL match yesterday, which means we're in the final, which is on the same day as this tournament. I was really looking forward to bowling this one...

Good Morning Stephen,

Can you please remove Alan Shephard from this event.

Hopefully we are able to make the next one.

I think if we work on the basis of plastic balls don't hook that much anyway, that'll do as a pattern preview in the absence of greater knowledge.

Poor Cow's stuck in the middle of an information drought currently!

I'm looking forward to this. And everyone! Think of this as the easiest trip you ever make to Macarthur. 1 ball only. Just one ball to lug through that bloody shopping centre!

That's reason enough, methinks.

Poor Cow's stuck in the middle of an information drought currently!

That's putting it nicely... other comparisons would be blood out of stone... etc etc

I'm looking forward to the challenge regardless. Hope to see many more people get the urge before Sunday or this will be the last time we attempt something a little different and a little special.

Cow

Hi John & Stephen,

Can you please remove me from the list due to the senior event on the same day, sorry about that.

Regards,
JP

Just a last minute reminder that tomorrow is the Plastic Ball event. We will definitely be taking entries on the day. Hope to see you there!

Cow

Back
Top Bottom