Ebonite Sport Series Event #4 Plastic Ball Event!

da_cowman

Shocker
Staff member
The next Ebonite Sport Series will be held at AMF MacArthur on the 21st of August. As per usual it will be 10 games scratch pinfall, 8:30am start and $95 dollars. This one will be the special Plastic Ball event that many people have asked for.

We are going to restrict it to one plastic per person and any plastic ball can used except for plastics with Dynamic Cores (such as the Lane #1 XXXL) and the Brunswick Viz-A-Ball, we are also asking that the Balls such as the Team Storm Plastics and balls such as the Hammer Hammer and the Boxing Glove are also not used due their cores as well.

Everything else is fair play, these include the Ebonite Maxims, Columbia300 Blue Dots, Brunswick T-Zones, Storm Ices and so on. If you have a plastic and would like to know if it eligible you can either post on here or PM and I'll let you know ASAP.

The pattern will be a plastic ball pattern, one that is adjusted for lower volume to more closely resemble patterns from yesteryear.

We hope to get a lot of support for this event, as it there was a strong calling for one from the Totalbowling crowd to have one run.

Squad List so far.

Jason Doust
JP Li
Chris Harvey
Stephen Cowland
John Cowland

Thanks, Stephen and John

Looking forward to the plastic ball event. A pretty unique bowling challenge.

I always encourage people to play in the Sport Series, but especially this event. This one really levels out the field folks. No equipment advantage. No happy reaction match up for someone to run off with the event. Just flat out bowling. I'll even get some proper practice in this time! (Hopefully!)

If I can get my hands on a plastic ball in time, i'll be there. Never owned a plastic before, so any recommendations?

Looking forward to it! Throw jeff cutts and bri butler in, I have a bright pink maxim CANDY to impress the spectators

Put me down for this one, Alan Shephard.

This should be an interesting tournament, gonna have to start training with my plastic ball!

Please add Dale Fitzgerald

I am surprised to see that the Viz-a-balls are excluded as i was unaware they had anything other than a basic weight block.
Just to clarify anyway, my White (cue Ball) viz-a-ball is ineligible? thanks.

Please add Dale Fitzgerald

I am surprised to see that the Viz-a-balls are excluded as i was unaware they had anything other than a basic weight block.
Just to clarify anyway, my White (cue Ball) viz-a-ball is ineligible? thanks.

I think the Viz-a-balls are inelligible, due to thier surface. I believe they create more friction, compared to a normal plastic ball...

Dale,

Amagill is correct, it's all do to with the surface. Something I saw first hand during my time at Wichita where some of the guy's had Viz-A-Balls and others T-zones. The difference in hook was actually quite startling.

Amagill, Ebonite, and their associated brands have an excellent range and variety of plastics. The Maxims and White Dots are perfect for this event.

I'll have a squad list up soon. Glad to see we're getting some support. I'm very much looking forward to this one!

Cow

Upon further investigation i think it all comes down to the Durometer ratings. A Viz-a-ball seems to have a rating of around 80-82 while a Storm Ice of 85-87,
So softer shell = more friction on lane, fair call.

Dale,

Amagill is correct, it's all do to with the surface. Something I saw first hand during my time at Wichita where some of the guy's had Viz-A-Balls and others T-zones. The difference in hook was actually quite startling.

Amagill, Ebonite, and their associated brands have an excellent range and variety of plastics. The Maxims and White Dots are perfect for this event.

I'll have a squad list up soon. Glad to see we're getting some support. I'm very much looking forward to this one!

Cow

Thanks Cow, I'll look into getting one by the 21st August, so put me down for this one please. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Upon further investigation i think it all comes down to the Durometer ratings. A Viz-a-ball seems to have a rating of around 80-82 while a Storm Ice of 85-87,
So softer shell = more friction on lane, fair call.

There you go. We weren't sure why it was so different, but that would definitely explain why it read the lanes much earlier then the T-Zones.

Thanks Dale!

Squad List.

Jason Doust
JP Li
Chris Harvey
Stephen Cowland
Dave Rosser
John Velo
Jeff Cutts
Brianne Butler
Alan Shephard
Chris Thomas
Dale Fitzgerald
Andrew Magill
Camerson Diversi
Adam Svechheimers
John Cowland

Thanks, John and Stephen

Sorry Matt, I knew there was someone I was forgetting, I even said to Dad that I thought we were missing someone, but that would explain why he didn't know who it was.

Updated List.

Jason Doust
JP Li
Chris Harvey
Stephen Cowland
Dave Rosser
John Velo
Jeff Cutts
Brianne Butler
Alan Shephard
Chris Thomas
Dale Fitzgerald