CTBA Championships

*bump*

Well I've seen the initial numbers people, and there's some well-known local names missing from the participants... Now you're all back from Holt and Seniors, better get those entry forms to the committee!

I think most of them are in Melbourne... well I think they are...

I lie, i'm in Melbourne and there's nobody here. :p

I think most of them are in Melbourne... well I think they are...
I lie, i'm in Melbourne and there's nobody here. :p
Well Mr Palma, are you going to be back in time? What about all the homies you brought with you back in August?

Put you in for all squads shall I? ;)

Well Mr Palma, are you going to be back in time? What about all the homies you brought with you back in August?
Put you in for all squads shall I? ;)

Well, if you put it that way, put all the squads in for me! :p

I'll see you soon Jeff!

Hello All,

I hope i am not to late for this one but after talking to some people at cricket i have been able to get time off from playing and was wondering if i would be able still to enter in these championships on that weekend.

At this point in time i would like to bowl in the all events so i am covered for singles but i will more than likely need a doubles partner to bowl with and also a team to bowl in as i am coming by myself.

My average as of last week at Mt.Druitt monday night league being the Millenium league is currently 161, no idea what it was on the 30th of june but i know it was lower than it currently is but not by much.

If anyone can help me out here that would be good in relation to what i need to provide and who gets the cash and how it can be paid.

Thanks in advance
Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Hi Mr. Palma & Michael Mclaren

The Committee is having a meeting to finalise details of the tournament tomorrow night and your squad details etc will be posted. Thank you for entering our tournament.

Heather Cunningham

We are sorry to have to cancel our Championships due to the low number of entries. 3 Adults and 25 juniors. Thankyou to those that put entries in and supported this tournament and to those who were willing to travel from interstate.

Heather Cunningham
President
Capital Tenpin Bowling Association

Certain things have to happen for a tournament to take place

Advertisement - Form on total bowling
The support of all local centres to announce to all leagues bowlers and
the form is available
Word of mouth

Bowlers to support and enter the tournament

The support of all Committee Members

Not for want of trying all of the above did not occur to the degree necessary for a successful tournament. Unfortunately there was no option but to cancel the tournament.

I think tenpin bowling in the ACT is the loser in the long run.

Heather Cunningham

We are sorry to have to cancel our Championships due to the low number of entries. 3 Adults and 25 juniors. Thankyou to those that put entries in and supported this tournament and to those who were willing to travel from interstate.
Heather Cunningham
President
Capital Tenpin Bowling Association

Thats a shame, i was hoping to pop into ACT for these championships. ACT events sometimes seem friendlier than those here in NSW, or maybe thats just me :p

Hope there's one planned for the near future!

Hope there's one planned for the near future!
Well, since you've asked...

Queanbeyan City Championships will be held on ... 24/25 November, and 8/9 December, same basic dealie as the States that were on recently

The weekend in between, 1/2 December is Brunswick Cup @ Tuggeranong

Well, since you've asked...
Queanbeyan City Championships will be held on ... 24/25 November, and 8/9 December, same basic dealie as the States that were on recently
The weekend in between, 1/2 December is Brunswick Cup @ Tuggeranong

Hi Jeff

8/9 December is Brunswick Youth, I think you will find most of the ACT Shield will be bowling in that.

Hi Jeff
8/9 December is Brunswick Youth, I think you will find most of the ACT Shield will be bowling in that.
Indeed it is, and I expect they will... They'll just have to bowl their events the first weekend won't they :)

Beats me, I just administrate/officiate by invitation, and I just work to what I'm given... What can I say, I'm a consultant :p

I'll seek some clarification on this

You know i'll be doin the Queanbeyan Championships as I promised! :)

Once I get a copy of the event format, i'll put squads in!

It is a shame that the championships are not going ahead. I know of 1 person in particular who was very much looking forward to competing.

For any future tournaments that you may be holding, Queanbeyan Bowl would be willing to advertise to our bowlers provided that someone from the CTBA committee (or wider Belconnen bowl community) who bowls in Queanbeyan would be willing bring in hard copies of entry forms & fliers for us to display.

Cheers,
Rebecca Tapper
QTB assistant manager

The form was emailed to Scott and asked him to distribute, also members of our Committee that bowl in Queanbeyan were asked to make sure the form was displayed at Queanbeyan bowl.

As I said before certain things have to happen for a tournament to be successful and it is obvious that they didn't.

Heather Cunningham
President
CTBA

Just to reiterate- in future, if you can provide hard copies- that is, actual printed copies of any forms we would be glad to assist. Our photocopying budget is already pushed! :)

BTW, The only copy of the entry form for the CTBA champs that I personally saw was the one I printed from totalbowling.

As I said, anything in the future we can do to help, let us know

Back
Top Bottom