Country Cup Format - Does It Need To Change?

I'm with you lets get it on........
maybe if you need to have a social gathering at C.C it could be arranged for the Friday night where we could maybe run a Calcutta type sweep on who will win All Star Selection

interested to hear your thopuhts

(I will say it again there is no rule that states where I have to live as long as I dont live within 60km of the city centre)

Woza, what part of "reside" do you not understand:rolleyes:

Meaning ~ re·side /rɪˈzaɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-zahyd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object), -sid·ed, -sid·ing. 1. to dwell permanently or for a considerable time: She resides at 15 Maple Street.
2. (of things, qualities, etc.) to abide, lie, or be present habitually; exist or be inherent (usually fol. by in).
3. to rest or be vested, as powers, rights, etc. (usually fol. by in).

—Synonyms 1. live, abide, sojourn, stay, lodge, remain.

I know you are only splitting hairs but you can only split them so far.
Not unless you are going to have a couple of the Narree boy's bowl for you next year.;) :D

Rob

I had a dog when I was young and when he had a bone you could not convince him to let it go.. His name was WOZA

MWS

Woza, what part of "reside" do you not understand:rolleyes:
Meaning ~ re·side /rɪˈzaɪd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-zahyd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object), -sid·ed, -sid·ing. 1. to dwell permanently or for a considerable time: She resides at 15 Maple Street.
2. (of things, qualities, etc.) to abide, lie, or be present habitually; exist or be inherent (usually fol. by in).
3. to rest or be vested, as powers, rights, etc. (usually fol. by in).
—Synonyms 1. live, abide, sojourn, stay, lodge, remain.
Not unless you are going to have a couple of the Narree boy's bowl for you next year.;) :D
Rob

Rob
Does this mean that I can not bowl for either Sale or Morwell because I do not reside in either town

Rob

Thanks for the definition Rob but surley you would know that the Naree Boys are ineligible as they do not reside in our Association as you put it ;)
or is it because they reside within 60km of the city centre;)

If I live in Rosedale (a town beween Morwell and Sale) For the geographically challenged Morwell and Sale are 63kms apart - Rosedale city centre is 34km from Morwell and 29km from Sale. I am neither a resident of Latrobe Valley or Sale - Who Do I represent???

I do believe that you would then bowl for the association to which you paid your TBA portion, well as bowl league at. ( & before you jump on me, I know you may bowl league at both). This would also apply to Liz I would say.

Please seek clarification from VCTBA & let me know the result.

I also recall this rule was brought up because of a different situation than yours Woza.

Rob

I do believe that you would then bowl for the association to which you paid your TBA portion, well as bowl league at. ( & before you jump on me, I know you may bowl league at both). This would also apply to Liz I would say.
Please seek clarification from VCTBA & let me know the result.
I also recall this rule was brought up because of a different situation than yours Woza.
Rob

Rob

I do not live in Bendigo, where the bowl is situated.. I live in Kangaroo Flat. I bowl at both Bendigo and Shepparton. If I paid my TBA sanction at Shepparton, then by definition I "could" play (as long as I made the trials) in Shepparton.

David

Rob
I do not live in Bendigo, where the bowl is situated.. I live in Kangaroo Flat. I bowl at both Bendigo and Shepparton. If I paid my TBA sanction at Shepparton, then by definition I "could" play (as long as I made the trials) in Shepparton.
David

Dave, I thought Kangaroo Flat was a suburb of Greater Bendigo, but then again I may be wrong. That is like saying I live in Irymple not Mildura so I could bowl for Ballarat if I so qualified using their format and rules.
Also this is not about you playing for someone else it is about someone else playing for you. All this discussion is, is a play on words and individuals interpretting the rule a different to the way the committee have set it out and explained it in letters to some people. If you want this rule changed bring it up at the AGM.

This thread seems to have lost it's way a little.:rolleyes:

Rob

I too love the Tournament and the format. I just think there needs to be more scutiny toward a centres' ability to hold the tournament.

Rob, if you want to bowl at Ballarat we have a couple of vacancies in our leagues and I can certainly provide a room for you to "reside" in for the night if you don't want to travel back to Mildura 'til the next day.
Hell, you can even bring the family:)

Graeme

I too love the Tournament and the format. I just think there needs to be more scutiny toward a centres' ability to hold the tournament.
Rob, if you want to bowl at Ballarat we have a couple of vacancies in our leagues and I can certainly provide a room for you to "reside" in for the night if you don't want to travel back to Mildura 'til the next day.
Hell, you can even bring the family:)
Graeme

:p :D ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom