Country Cup 2009

Mr Black, just for my own curiosity (and to show how good Josh's 300 game was) can you do an average for all lanes except 3&4 and one for 3&4 alone?

I think mine was about 120 on 3&4 and 180+ on the rest.
That will take a while Gary. I have to work out the lane draw and then what games were bowled there etc etc. It will be easier after i have transferred all the scores but i am a week or more away from that.

The total lane average was pretty easy because i was able to add up all pinfall and divide.. individual lane average will take a lot longer.

Wow......what a weekend.

Congrats to Colac men, Shepp ladies and the men too......another ladies trophy and another association win......that's three in a row for the ladies and the combined.

Congrats to the all stars, and the recipients of the MVP and encouragement awards, generously donated by Dave and Shane. It's people like you who love this sport of ours that are prepared to make Country Cup bigger and better.

Congrats to Josh, sorry I missed it....that's what I get for sleeping in!! ;)

And a huge thankyou to all the staff and management at the Albury bowl. A well run tourny, with very few major issues......something to be proud of.

As always it's great to catch up with everyone have a few laughs. Can't wait until next year in Mildura!!

As I said earlier congrats to Colac Men and Shep Ladies on their wins. Congrats to Shep for taking out the overall Trophy.

Well done to Ash and the rest of the albury staff for an enjoyable weekend - I to agree that it was a tough but fair condition - It was scoreable but not easily - At times it was tough to carry but making spares were critical - It made the difference between a good game and a below par score. It was like you could always get back into a match if you could get a double.

A big thanks to Dave and Griff for their generous donations - As Dave said at the presentation his donation involves bowling gear somthing that all of us need but Griff's is a jewllers shop in Port Fairy and hopefully when the website is up and running we will be able to show him some support with some on-line purchases.

Travvy - you still my bunny 2-0 now although you pulled out your second highest game for the weekend. That pillow gave you some much needed support. P.S. you need to send me some photos - of the pillow that is not the way you use it
Hope you all managed to get to sleep when you got home after being wide awake for the last 2 hours after the trip after cleaning up the roo.

Now I know how all the other All Stars feel that have not won a Country Cup- and Gary summed it up in one way that it would have been the icing on the cake for him - as they won - but without the cake the icing on its own isnt that nice. Luckily for me I have had the cake twice before and it definetly is alot nicer.
It was just a pity I had the wrong shirt on;)

Special Mention - Timmy didnt make Allstars but judged to be MVP goes to show that it is not all about having the highest ave but also winning points because in the end it is points on the board that wins the Tournament.

Looking forward to next year already - Blooded a few young guys this year and they will be the better for it - also looking forward to a new challenge as we will travel up on the Thursday - On the Friday who will be the 2010 Country Cup Golf Champion - Not a bad warmup leading into the weekend

Well done to the Chettleburgh family for an awesome weekend.

Congratulations to the winners, always the best team wins.

Thanx to our womens team, you are all awsome in my eyes. Nest year Look Out, we will be bigger and better ;)

To Josh for his 300, Congrats on a year of C/Cup you will never forget.

Mr OTB, David your contribution to the tournament is a very special part of it now. It's fantastic to see the young one's being awarded for their efforts.

To Shane & Brooke Griffiths, your donation was amazing. For all those calling through Port Fairy and maybe looking to buy some great jewellery, call into 23 Bank Street, or email Shane at [email protected]

All in all a terrific long weekend.

We can only hope to do as good a job at running Country Cup next year.

Lisa

Travvy - you still my bunny 2-0 now although you pulled out your second highest game for the weekend. That pillow gave you some much needed support. P.S. you need to send me some photos - of the pillow that is not the way you use it
Hope you all managed to get to sleep when you got home after being wide awake for the last 2 hours after the trip after cleaning up the roo.
What can I say... You bring out the 2nd best in me woza :p
I'll lose the bunny status one of these days.... .... .. ... I hope :p
You bowled very well all weekend and topping all stars is a great achievement, well done.

The roo wasnt a fun experience, glad the bus had a bullbar although it still managed to crack and bend it!! There were a LOT of roos about!!

Just glad we made it home in one piece.

Huge congratulations to the Shepp team on the overall win and ladies win. Well deserved!!

Colac men were always the team to beat as far as i'm concerned..and they proved why all w/e. great effort and also well deserved

I'd like to thank the Albury bowl on hosting a great tournament. Had an amazing w/e

To dave and griffo, your contributions are much apprecitated.

Hope to see you all next year :)

Josh Alvisse

I feel I should say something witty here, but instead I'll just say congratulations to all the winners and commiserations to the also-rans.

Well done to the Colac men on their win. (that is why I had you lot at 2-1).
Another great effort by the Shepparton women, 3 in a row is an awesome effort and the overall for the 3rd year in a row shows that a great team effort is needed to pull this event off.

Also great to see both the winning teams blooding some youngsters and getting the results on the leader board.

Congrats to the Allstars team and MVP award winners.
Also hope the Encouragement Award winners appreciate their new gear and take steps to improve with their game with it.

Great 300 game Josh, just lucky their was not a fan above you when your team mates hoist you up.

A huge effort by Mel, Naomi, Ash and their staff, well done guy's. Hopefully Mel has a stress free week this week;)

Thankyou to David and Shane on their donations. I hope you both realise how much everyone, not just the recipients, appreciate your efforts.

Hope everyone got home safe and sound.
Lisa and I are already looking forward to hosting this great event next year.

Thanks to Gary for letting me beat at least 1 lefty for the weekend:D

It was good to catch up with everyone once again. A bit of fun was had and all the comedy was taken as it should have been. Great pillow Woza.
Hope Timmy survived the trip home, sure looked like he needed a rest.

Rob

PS....your best post for the year.
I feel I should say something witty here, but instead I'll just say congratulations to all the winners and commiserations to the also-rans.

Safe travelling to everyone.....

Watch out for kangaroos.....they are nasty creatures!!

I believe there are arrangements being made for scores to be updated onto the net....not sure which website....I'll try to find out and let everyone who can't be in Albury in person know.

Paige

All to well known by yourself and now Sunraysia's team as well!

Love the shirt...
not impressed with the veiled threat...

I guess you don't like being on the receiving end of a little fun. I didn't show any anismosity when you posted that the Bendigo ladies team was saving a spot on it for me. I guess you can't take being on the receiving end of a little fun.
But Travy normally likes being on the end of things, so I have heard!

I don't have to refrain from saying what I think now Trav. I had more than enough of you on the weekend so it probably isn't a good idea for you to post things like that. You need to learn how to speak to people and you definitely need to grow up.

Now for the other half of the story...

Bowled 100 on lanes 3&4 AND beaten by 101 on lanes 3&4 in a different game.

Trouble in Paradise there boys:confused::confused:

Congratulations to Colac on their win even though we managed to knock them off twice;)

You started the rot cheering Mottas first frame 9 pity he couldnt back up with the 290 - The 300 game was only a pair across though;). I am sure after the Travvy passion pillow we will be able to rustle up a bunny costume for next year - we have 12 months of planning

P.S. Thanks for sharing a drink with us at the Champions after Party

Couldnt product the carry for the rest of the strikes but the 200 odd I did manage to scratch out felt like a 290 with the scores that had been thrown!

Thanks to Gary for letting me beat at least 1 lefty for the weekend:D

Gee Gary, with everybody beating you so much the rest of your team must have been doing wonders :D

You need to stop listening then :p LOL

COulndt help it, seeing as the noise in the motel travelled so far and all, according to the manager!!!!!!! What a w****r.

Who knows Jason, first I heard about it was on this forum too *shrugs*:rolleyes:

The only Trouble I knew about was the trouble Lisa and your womens team were getting us INTO!;)

Strangest thing that I head for the entire weekend was Mr. Motta actually asking if he was allowed to have a beer.

Marraige must be working already.;)

Rob

Can someone please post the MVP and encouragement award winners names please as these aren't on the TBA results page.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom