Country Cup 2008

Then thats not so bad....
Maybe the event needs to be held only at centres with the number of lanes that accommodate everyone.

I spoke of this a few years back and was told that you would be depriving those centres of income and thats not what ccup is about. Colac and Albury are the only two centres that have less than 12 lanes.
Albury soon to change I beleive.

Grumpy

Then thats not so bad....
But i still think it should be the same every year.. eg bowled every year according to this ruling.
Maybe the event needs to be held only at centres with the number of lanes that accommodate everyone.
Hey i have an idea -- maybe we could just have the original centres bowl.. then there is only 8 teams... 10 lanes would be fine...... even have two practice lanes then. Oh wait, that would exclude some current centres.. i'm sure they wouldn't mind though. Just like I don't mind the suggestion of not bowling in the 10 lane centres. :mad:

Money is only a very small part of it - it is not the main reason people like to bowl at "home". Just ask the Ballarat bowlers how much they enjoyed bowling at home this year.

Hey i have an idea -- maybe we could just have the original centres bowl.. then there is only 8 teams... 10 lanes would be fine...... even have two practice lanes then. Oh wait, that would exclude some current centres.. i'm sure they wouldn't mind though. Just like I don't mind the suggestion of not bowling in the 10 lane centres. :mad:
Money is only a very small part of it - it is not the main reason people like to bowl at "home". Just ask the Ballarat bowlers how much they enjoyed bowling at home this year.

The problem with this idea is that it doesnt give teams that are wanting and willing to play the chance to do so.

Maybe there needs to be some sort of elimination round, then final, along the lines of Emerson, yet a little different so as to not make the two events the same? Just an idea. Dont shoot me. Lol.

The problem with this idea is that it doesnt give teams that are wanting and willing to play the chance to do so.
Maybe there needs to be some sort of elimination round, then final, along the lines of Emerson, yet a little different so as to not make the two events the same? Just an idea. Dont shoot me. Lol.

Then the cost doubles.. i mean for those that qualify.. the good thing about CC is its one long weekend..

Emerson is 2 trips for those that arent a host centre..

It wasn't a serious idea Carmers, i was responding sarcastically to Travis`s suggestion of not bowling in ten lane centres.

BIG NEWS !
I have it on good authority that there is a possible AFL style merger to be Announced Shortly, involving a currnt Assoc. and an Assoc. waiting in the wings to form apossible Super Assoc.

BIG NEWS !
I have it on good authority that there is a possible AFL style merger to be Announced Shortly, involving a currnt Assoc. and an Assoc. waiting in the wings to form apossible Super Assoc.

How can it be a super Association if they all used to bowl under the one banner before.

Rob

With AFL mergers there is uaually a relocation, so if these bowlers reside in the country area but at differnt locations, but are members of the same country Assoc. which is a current V.C.T.B.A member Assoc. would they all be able to bowl for the Super Team?

looks like someone has put alot of time into this idea but dont like your chances of doing it because that means changes and thats not going to happen in a hurry from what ive been reading in this forum

After viewing the CC Survey i feel some issues have been overlooked.
*There was no mention of filling the BYE.
*Introducing new Associations
*Possibility of forming a 2 division competition (promotion and relegation?)
*Should VCTBA look to build and foster bowling in the Counrty or continue as though nothing changes .

Cliff

After viewing the CC Survey i feel some issues have been overlooked.
*There was no mention of filling the BYE.
*Introducing new Associations
*Possibility of forming a 2 division competition (promotion and relegation?)
*Should VCTBA look to build and foster bowling in the Counrty or continue as though nothing changes .
Cliff
Country cup is by far the best teams event i have been involved in. Emerson is also great fun but still runs second (in my opinion). I haven't bowled Dunn shield or Rachuig and more than likely never will.

The event has not "stood still "and has evolved from an 8 team, 1 round event into the eleven team two round event we have today. Almost every year some type of subtle change has been made. Most of the people who bowl country cup look forward to it from the day it finishes one year all the way up until it happens the year after.

Wholesale changes are not needed just some fine tuning - VCTBA have been proactive by sending out a survey asking what type of minor changes the bowlers prefer.

The process of new associations requires a few things to happen first and as a result there are no new associations qualified to come in next year - so why include that question in the survey. No 12th team qualified therefore no need to fill the bye for the sake of filling the bye - so again no need to ask the question .

The idea of promotion and relegation means that weaker centres may miss out on bowling in the final regularly. Smaller country centres are often going to struggle for numbers and depth but why should they miss out on bowling because of that - isn't that "building and fostering".

VCTBA does foster bowling in Country victoria - that is why Country cup is the best event going around and that is why bowlers bend over backwards to make the team each year (in most centres). That is why people who aren't currently able to bowl in it are complaining that they can't bowl in it -- because they so badly want to.

I agree whole heartedly Gary... I have bowled in about Ten or Eleven of these C Cups and would love to be able bowl in every one of them.. but alas I think the young ones are to good for me these days so I guess it is as a supporter of the tournament is my lot nowdays..

Cheers

Ace _ Hi

Back
Top Bottom