Country Cup 2008

Bit harsh Craig if they have just put that rule into place now.

Paul you gave Craig a different answer than you did me when I had an issue with the committee up here and what they did to me.

Your words of wisdom to me were and I quote.....

If you don't like the way the committee did it, put your hand up to be on the committee and stop complaining about things.
Yes to many people not involved have their 2 cents worth.
Stand up or shut up and stop *****ing.

I have stood up in this sport, and I am on the TBAQ committee, so there for I was able to give my two cents worth...

Bit harsh Craig if they have just put that rule into place now.
That has not yet been confirmed Jase. It is possible that this rule may have already been in place last year -- I'm waiting for Craig to confirm or otherwise.

The tournament itself does have a rule that states you must have been a member of the association you are representing for at least the past six months -- but now it seems the roll off to make the team (for some Associations) also has a six month rule (which may or may not have been there previously)

Craig, I have a vacancy for the position of DB. Always a very important position.

No discrimination clause at all!! You would be almost guaranteed!! ;)

jase

just so we have some clarity here

anyone who knows paul, knows paul will do or say whatever he feels and doesn't need prompting by others

as for you joining the tbaq, i applaud the move, those closest to you know, that this is something i took upon myself many years ago in victoria, before i even moved to queensland 10 years ago at one stage i was serving as president of my local, serving on the state and country boards, coaching rep teams as well as running a pro shop and working full time.

i have spent hours upon hours all for free, coaching and have never been one not to give

to be honest, i just cant be stuffed anymore

if committee's and proprietors feel the need to implement rules to stop people from playing, well they are achieving what they are aiming to do....

at the end of the day, they can hold their heads high at what they aren't achieving, they also have no right to complain why the general public wont play the sport, because when you assume this attitude for one, you assume it for everyone.

and if what i say on here, is bad for the sport, then why is country cup and emerson shield proving to be more popular than it ever has, i even remember doubling sale cups numbers with one post.

did the rule exist last year no!!!

can i join the gtba board NO!!! why? because our centre has tried to merge with the gtba so that every bowler in geelong could represent geelong, but the manager of geelong said NO

the manager of geelong is the gtba committee and in my role this would be a conflict of interest now that i wouldn't be representing all bowlers in my centre

our country centre cant even be recognised as a country centre, because the hierachy of the vctba, feel that because we took the offer of better service provided by the ctbam, that we are classified as melbourne players, but other country centres who have done this are ok and so they should be.

we have been dealing with the gtba, vctba and tba to try and get this and many other things resolved in the name of bowling, and its gotten us nowhere

i will be eligible to bowl rachuig and emerson shield next year, i will never be eligible to bowl country cup and it will be along time before i can compete in the country championships

i think deep down, i am more annoyed at the fact that i have been doing this, well before half these idiots knew what a bowling ball was, and what gives them the right to stop me from doing it now

what because i said something they didnt like? what because i no longer work for them?

gees if i went public on shifty's i have seen pulled in this industry, i reckon i could nearly bring it to a stand still

as i said earlier, i'm am over giving a toss about it anymore

i am the biggest fan of this website, and think its achieved wonderful things for the game, i have most definately put myself in this situation i'm in, through you and graham allowing me to have freedom of speech, i can't believe how many friends this site has given me and thats the important thing in life.

p.s its nice to see the boss participating in one of the biggest forums on this site and this wasn't a personal attack at you jase, but i do thank you for giving me a lead in to really say what i think

The entry form does not stipulate which tournament they are talking about with the 6 month rule, and as I see it, trials are not a tournament and Country Cup is.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. What goes around, comes around.

PS. I thought that people went into business to increase turn over and make a profit? Not turn people, paying customers away.

i have not lived in the town for 6 months (5 months)

i am a paying member of the gtba, it was the first place i sanctioned when i moved back

wonder what they are gonna revert to when that rule passes its expiry date

and grumpy, that looks like a pretty steep hill ;)

Will you have lived there for 6 months by the time the trials come up?

Better than being called Brittney!:D

You have been called worse.;)

Any chance you can get through the whole weekend of Country Cup without getting banned or kicked out of anywhere and keeping in the good books with your team?:D

Also DMac will be happy that your lucious lips will be back on the lanes for him:cool:

Rob

even money, he can't help himself

maybe he needs to take the mrs up there with him, then he can just casually place himself under her thumb, where he spends most of his week

even money, he can't help himself

maybe he needs to take the mrs up there with him, then he can just casually place himself under her thumb, where he spends most of his week
craig

Is there a problem with that.:p:p:p

Sounds pretty good to me. That's what Kev and I do.

I thought everyone knew that behind every good man is an even better woman! Imagine what would happen if I let him out on his own, it doesn`t even bear thinking about!! :mad::mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom