Counrty Cup 2005

We could even make it Deano's bucks party for all his country cup mates :lol:

One less eyebrow and a reverse mowhawk could be the go. :lol:

Well well well looks like the boys are at it again.

Hey Woza you goin to get ya liitle mate jason to help you with the one eyebrow and mohawk?????? Might need to get all the hillbillys from Morwell to help you with that one. Must be the latest fashion craze from down that way. :wink:

Well it aint long now only a few more sleeps. Just hope there arent anymore gas leaks around because i dont think id be real happy if the bowl got blown up when where 30 points clear of 2nd. HAHAHA

All i know is Team Sunraysia is ready for anything and everything all you bowlers have to throw at us.

Its game on.

Deano

lol, have a listen to him

talk about changing ya tune

"TEAM SUNRAYSIA"

LOL

i thought there was an "I" in team, all that brainwashing has made me think that way, and now to find out he has changed, gees this fiancee stuff is affecting your health, next you'll be sending me flowers

from my friends who have offered to get me to the dinner dance, thank you, but i am definately going to see my beloved BLUES go win a premiership on saturday night.

you coming rob or what??? you can eat at the footy and we all know you can't dance for ****, leave all that dancing for "DISCO DEAN" or as he likes to be called now

THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS "TEAM ROOBOY"

i have to agree with the roo on one thing, the hair style definately sounds like another wacked out phase all you morwell people are going thru, obviously now its more fashionable for the men to have their reverse mohawk now that its out of fashion with the women down there now

in regards to the article about striking gas, shame they didn't strike oil, back when the trials were on, it might have been a slightly different outcome for yours truly

and last of all i can guarantee you, if dave and andrew sat on anything, it wouldn't be going anywhere, maybe they both should show you some of their WWE moves, could have a tag team THE BROS vs wozza, rooboy, kevvy and motta, sounds like a pretty even match in weight

3 more sleeps till the odds go up

until then keep stirrin

You going to be coming in for a beer on Friday night Chucky? David and I were banned some time ago from sitting on people....some things will never be the same.

Not long now....

Cheers

my techs are off holidaying, i think i got to work friday night, saturday - monday dayshift, shame that, i wont be able to see any action, well thats the action on the lanes, but hey, always open to some off lane action, i'll have to chaeck and get back to you

Just a reminder to all be carefull of the quiet ones :-# anything can happen at Country Cup.

Hey guys who do you think will have the first dummy spit??????????

See you all there Saturday morning

Chucky said

but hey, always open to some off lane action

I'd be very careful what I wish for. :roll:

3 more sleeps and countin

Now come on Rooboy

I was being nice

If I was doin the hillbilly thing we first would tie you to a naked to a post in a paddock and let all the poddy calfs in then we would be sheep dippin ya and then giving you the tar and feather treatment.

But then again that might be right up your alley. :wink:

Hows the tiddlywinks practice goin Rob

Looking foward to getting there Friday night for a practice to see what they have laid down for us to bowl on. In regards to the first dummy spit, I will go with either the home center, Shepparton or one of the Latrobe boys.

Should be a great weekend, look foward to seeing you all very very soon. Once the action starts, THERE IS NO ESCAPE. :twisted:

The 1st dummy spit will happen in the first 3 games of the first day.
the odds 1/10 and a possible red card. :shock: :shock:

News update one of Sales key bowlers had a mild stroke last week, he still may be bowling, lets see what happens.
See you all Friday night. :wink: :wink:

Hey Chucky

Can you put up your odds Tonight Most of us will be on the road Tomorrow And dont know whether we'll have access to the net over the weekend.........of coarse we could "ALL" rock around to your place to get the odds first hand :agrue:

Cheerz
Kevin

The 1st dummy spit may well and truly happen during saturday at Geelong

But the best dummy spit will be by Chucky at the footy Saturday night for any free kick given against his Blues :lol:

Updated odds tonight would be good. Wont have access to internet once we leave tommorrow.

Grumpie said

News update one of Sales key bowlers had a mild stroke last week, he still may be bowling, lets see what happens.
At least someone down there has a heart :wink:

Jokes aside hope that all is well

***OFFICIAL COUNTRY CUP ODDS***

1500/1 WARRNAMBOOL

With massive departures over the last 12 months, it has really depleted a side for which i bagged for having no heart last year, so based on that theory, to have no heart and no ability, gives you no chance

1000/1 WODONGA

Only 1 departure over the last 12 months, and an unfortunate one at that, my condolences go out to gary's family and friends for the loss of their loved one, they will lift in his memory, but having to prepare on that battlefield in wodonga is like getting mark webber to do his practise lap of the australian grand prix at avalon raceway.

500/1 BYE

this team always catches teams who are sleeping, or teams that want to rest their strengths when they play the supposed "walk over" playing no one is easy, especially when ya can't psyche them out, then bye has no ability, but its mental game is solid and will capitalise on those teams who are mentally weak or challenged

150/1 SALE

with the sighting of a heart in sale, thank god it was a heart, cause when i heard stroke, i thought the boys had been playing a game of soggy biscuit, and for those that dont know what that is, please feel free to ask gordon robinson over the weekend

anyhow back to the story, with the sighting of a heart and my motivational speech i will use to fire grumpy up after this rating, i have decided that sale will firm in on the odds to a modest and probably way too generous 150/1, i am sure i am missing a zero there

ok grumpy now listen up

****, ****, mother ****er, **** ****er, *****, *****, *****,*****

now if them words of wisdom don't fire you up again, nothing will :wink:

100/1 BENDIGO

too many new guys on the block, with so much to learn, and for those seasoned competitors at country cup, they will tell you how many points can be conned out of a naive mind, they will try hard but be beaten by smarter heads on the day

50/1 COLAC

this will be the lowest i would have ever rated these guys since the inception of the cup, but just like the west indies, garner, holding, marshall and roberts can't play forever at that level, well this rule applies to billing, thompson, poyser and whitham. the reign has been strong for decades, but the time has come, the let the new kids shine thru

25/1 ALBURY

lead by the greatest country cup player "andrew the god craig" and the best import ever "marin the yank ticaci", i reckon conditions might suit them enough to win a few close ones which will bolster them up the standings higher than it did last year at moreoil

andrew please beat him, please please please, i can't take it anymore

5/1 LATROBE VALLEY

way too much oil for these guys, they need to admit, that they are allergic to the stuff like superman is allergic to kryptonite, but the boys once again will bring with them a big bag of tricks that will totally psyche there opponents out, thus giving them their usual quota of walkovers that technically they don't deserve, but hey, i give them credit for going far with not much in the tank.

4/1 SHEPPARTON

only team other than the home team to get regular practise on a similar surface, only difference being, they oil the surface down here, and like moreoil, we know how much you hate it, once again they have some solid heads that will get them victories over the easier teams, but will fall short when it comes to the big matches.

3/1 SUNRAYSIA

like 10 years ago, this is their best chance, i know it, they know it, unlike last century, they will have learned that you can't lose by 2, when your running dead last at lunchtime on saturday, if they get off to a flyer, it might be all over, they have the best training facility in the state, if you shoot well there, you shoot well anywhere, that fills up their oiling machine, which is something i expect the home centre to do this year, even though they trialled on nothing

with deano dropping the "I' tag for a "WE" tag, it even makes them more threatening. god if they win, i'll never hear the end of it, just like the 50 times in the last 12 months i heard about the andrew craig drubbing, but hey, i'd be happy for them

2/1 BALLARAT

the only fear i have for these guys is winning is a disease, and they haven't won for 17 years, but this is the team to do it. They have been modestly taking all this in their stride, many secret preparations have gone into place, and i feel these guys are ready, as long as though they don't lose too much testosterone trying to keep rhonda satisfied over the weekend, all might go to plan

1/5 GEELONG

lead by captain robbo, officially bowling his last country cup, if my heart ever grew to this mans size, i'd be winning money on the p.b.a. winning is a disease, and theres no one more driven to win than this man, he will lead by example and lead his troops to victory.

p.s wozza, don't be playing any funny tricks around this man, you might come off 2nd best. If theres a thing called white line fever in this sport, robbo has a temperature of 150 degrees

and just as i promised, my mental stimulation of these guys has gone to a T, they so want to win to stick it up my A$$ it aint funny, with their newly appointed unofficial silent partner of a coach and team motivator (ME) in their corner, i expect these guys to win by 5 points, seeing i won 15 last year, i can't rate them to win by 20 like they should have.

the only thing that can stop these guys teaching everyone a bowling lesson is that management turn on them and refuse to put oil down like these guys play on nearly every week of the year.

ALL STARS PREDICTIONS

deano
flynny senior
clarky
god
bert

just missing mini flynn due to a hectic schedule

due to a poor response from the girls, no odds will be posted, but i'll give you a top 3

morwell
shepparton
geelong

all stars

garioch jr
garioch sr
jones jr
jones sr
and someone else wearing a skirt, i got it deano :p (the first dual all star)

so there it is, another huge wind up to what will be another huge country cup, i wish you all the best of luck, and hope you have laughed along over the last 6 months like a lot of us had, its all a bit of fun, and for you's that can't see it "THE BROTHERS" well stiff bikkies. some of us like a bit of humour mixed in with a sport we all dearly love. Theres time for work and time for play, at emmerson you will find out when the time for work is, be ready!!!, you are on the top of my list.

and yes you are right kevvie :D :D :D , as soon as that white maggot blows his whistle, and points his arm in the wrong direction, that will be the first spit on saturday, luckily for me, i will be joined by 20,000 other people of the same opinion and passion.

other bets taken

most oranges peeled - luke ross

the stupidest show of emotion - that girl from shep, who sounded like she landed on an electric fence last year

team with the most bowling balls - ballarat

team with the crudest mascot - ballarat

who will get the drunkest at the dinner dance - pat fahy

who will have the most inventive way to ride a strike - deano

who will be the quietest team - albury

who will be the loudest - morwell

who will be the last to turn up on saturday - geelong

who will be the first - sale or wodonga

who will have the biggest bus - colac

who will have the smallest - sale

who will be missed - mc ewan, carmichaels, griffiths, way, tomasinski

who will have the shortest dress at the dinner dance - who knows, but do sms me her number, i might go down after the game

will there be a country cup draft ??? 10,000/1, the strong teams will never allow the weaker teams to be competitive, so they will be out voted and have to accept that they will always run in the bottom half of the field

will there ever be a sportsmanship award ??? 500/1, i honestly dont see why there isn't already

will horsham or echuca be included into the 2006 schedule??? 50/1, gees surely it makes business sense to goto 12 teams, or merge albury/wodonga and go back to 10

will they honour the great RAY TAYLOR over this weekend at some stage, i'd like to hope so

Hey Craig

Well done on the odds,A very well thought piece and certainly looks spot on :D

Thanks for your input over the last few months it does liven things up somewhat with your stirring and secretly we all do appreciate it

I reckon I speak for most in saying we'll miss you on the weekend hopefully you'll find the time to drop in.....just not in the 4th game of the first round,I think that when we play the home team

So when do we start the new Emerson Shield Post....Tuesday.....lol

See yas all there

Cheerz
Kevin

I second that Kev

Well Done Chucky - the odds are always a good read

Only a few mre hours before we make the trip down to Geelong for a top weekend as per always

Good luck to all the Teams and may you all bowl to the best of your ability

Sale has always had a heart (I've had a heart attack so there must be one somewhere). But now Sale must have brains aswell (stroke).
Chucky thanks for your generous odds ,we'll see if we can live upto them. I think we can do better :lol: :lol: :lol:
See you all in a few hours :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom