Country Cup 2011 - Wodonga

A Huge Congrats To The Shep Woman who bowled extremely well to fly over the line today........... A great team effort.......

All To the Sunraysia Men, awesome bowling on some tough conditions..........
Finally broken the drought.......... Well Done.......

And to Geelong for winning the overall champion team...........

Collingwood won Friday night....

SUNRAYSIA WON THE MEN CCUP FINALLY!!!!!

Great weekend all round.

Thanks to all those in the team and all the people who make this such a great weekend each year. It's more than just a bowling event.

Grats to Geelong for the Overall and Shep for the womens.

Wodonga.....ummmmmm.......you have a nice lawn area out the front.

A Huge Congrats To The Shep Woman who bowled extremely well to fly over the line today........... A great team effort.......

All To the Sunraysia Men, awesome bowling on some tough conditions..........
Finally broken the drought.......... Well Done.......

And to Geelong for winning the overall champion team...........

And a huge congrats should go to yourself on your 5-7-10 :)

Dan, i will be doing that as soon as i can (I have to catch up with the guys and get a copy first).

Someone else may be able to do it more quickly than i can

Contracts to the Sunraysia men on their long awaited win and to the shepp ladies on another win and to geelong for taking out the overall

Another year over easily the toughest that I've been at both for lane conditions and how hot it was in the bowl and the bugs especially at night when the ladies were bowling.

Also congtats to Rachel and Nelson on winning the OTB encouragement awards I am sure that you will both be around in CCup tor years to come.

To Jamie Taffe thanks for making the trip up to do the inaugural hall of fame and legends inductees - you did a great job

And after a seven year absence the G.O. made a timely return to the game

From what I heard the function was not well attended. People asked for refunds before they even went and some just left without even going to it.

Well done to the inductees. I haven't seen a list yet.

Well done to Geelong on the overall, Sunraysia for the mens and Shep for the ladies respective victories. Being a spectator was bad enough with the oppressive heat in the bowl so for all those that were bowling, you all deserve a pat on the back for all your efforts.

A HUGH congrats to Sunraysia Men, Champions at last!!
Well done Shepparton ladies, you proved once again you were the strongest team on the day, and to have no team members in the All Stars goes to show what a strong force you are.
To Geelong a great effort from 14 bowlers, well done to you all. A shame you were not rewarded with a medallion, but your team name on that overall trophy is a great feeling!!
A very tiring weekend Country Cup is, and I'm sure we will be all looking forward to do it all again in Warrnambool 2012.............. I know I am :)

not my position as i was not there but coming from storys ive heard so far especially from brad lay stating that this has been the best country cup w.e he has ever been to.
a big thankyou goes to the sunraysia team both males and females. a personal thankyou from brad to rob and lisa for organising the event looking after the behind the scenes stuff and adjusting bowling gear but well most of all puting up with his ****, you guys do a great job sometimes going unnoticed but never not appreciated.

and gary i think thats a bit inappropriate hahahha

Well what a great feeling. Winning the Mens division was fantastic. Even better than winning President Shield. Been such a hard slog for so long but its finally happend. To be beaten by one point in the overall standings just shows that Sunraysia will be a force for many years to come. The womens team did such a fantastic job is such trying conditions, they put their head down and did such a great job. My team mates. Well what can i say

Rob
You did such a great job as captain and lead the way. Very inspirational and a great motivator. The best team player ive ever bowled with. Well done Boris we finally did it.

James
Bloody lefty know all. hahhaah. Great job mate you used everything to your advantage and did it in great style. Well bowled mate. WOW.

Peter.
Great weekend mate. Pity we didnt back enough winners. LOL. You busted you guts all weekend and battled the battle well. Good onya Fred.

Gary.
Enough said. In all seriousness you tried as hard as you could and on and off the lanes was hilarious. Great team player and supporter. Knocking over pins isnt everything in a team game and you showed that.

Brad.
Gramps. Well chucked all weekend mate. Was a pleasure to bowl with you and good to see a bit of cant with a u back in your game. Bring on next year even though you will be on the pension.

Ray.
333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333. Mate you tried so hard and your thumb shows that. OUCH. Given the conditions it wasnt suitable but you did it old school and fought well.

Jason.
Great job as manager mate. You did quite well and i rekon if we can get a bit more mongrel into you next year could be heaps fun. I no longer think your the worst manager we have had. But you are a close second. lol

As for the conditions they were disgusting. The bowl was a sauna and as for the lane condition well when 50% of bowlers start on the fresh oil using a plastic or urethane that says enough. Spend less on baloons and streamers and add a bit more oil in that machine.

Other than that it was a great weekend and fantastic to catch up with everyone. All you guys who bowl CCUp are great mates to me and cant wait for next year at the BOOL.

Deano

Please don't start a slanging match over the presentation dinner.
I know the guy's that brought it's inception about would not want or need a crap clinging match......

Rob

And a huge congrats should go to yourself on your 5-7-10 :)

LMAO.............thanks gary, not the only reason i will remember this CC, but definitely a classic moment and getting mugged after leaving it too......;)

Again Congrats on the win.........

sorry didnt meen organising the event but for organising sunraysia to get to and have a good shot at the event,

deano, what are you trying to say next year will be 6 bowlers in 1 on the bench cause you will be taking those 2 seats love nice guys its only rumours i was an angry bowler....

Back
Top Bottom