Country Cup 2011 - Wodonga

I am with you Rob, but I am sorry Gary VanSteenis, I am not really sure why you continue to kick the VCTBA in the guts. For your information there were about 100 people at the dinner last night, representing 6 Associations, and those that were there enjoyed it.

Denece Jones!

What a long, hot and difficult weekend for bowlers and spectators.

Firstly, congrats to the Sunraysia men on their win, so close in previous years, it is great to see you guys take the trophy and the toilet seat in Wodonga.

And to the Geelong women and men, congrats on your association win, finishing second in both divisions.

To my team mates at Shepparton, well done it was such a trying weekend for us with injuries and sickness that we were able to band together as a team and support each other over the line. It was one of the best teams I have bowled in. And a fantastic effort by each and everyone of you. I hope you are proud because I am proud of you all. One of the first times we would not of had an All Star member proves how solid each of you bowled, so congratulations.

Thanks to Tania for braving the manager role, and the few guys who supported us during the weekend and especially on the Monday (you know who you are).

To all the All Stars, MVP's and Encouragement awards, congrats on your efforts over the weekend.

Thanks for Wodonga providing tough conditions and reminding us why we love Country Cup so much.

And finally to all the Hall of Fame and Legend inductees congratulations to you all on your efforts over the lifetime of Country Cup, it was great to hear some of the previous country cup bowlers be acknowledged for their participation and efforts over the years, as well as the current bowlers who continue to compete year in year out.

Looking forward to Warrnambool in 2012, bring it on..... ;)

I am with you Rob, but I am sorry Gary VanSteenis, I am not really sure why you continue to kick the VCTBA in the guts. For your information there were about 100 people at the dinner last night, representing 6 Associations, and those that were there enjoyed it.

Denece Jones!

If I have something to say to the VCTBA then you will know Denece. I call things as I see them and if you or the VCTBA has an issue with that then too bad.

I would like to know how I continue to "kick the VCTBA in the guts" though. You just trying to look good in front of others or have I done something I don't know about?

I was happy to just stop. If you really want to bring this up and continue it on a forum then lets do it Denece. Just say the words.

Dan, i will be doing that as soon as i can (I have to catch up with the guys and get a copy first).

Someone else may be able to do it more quickly than i can

Please dont!!!!!!!!!

From what I heard the function was not well attended. People asked for refunds before they even went and some just left without even going to it.

Well done to the inductees. I haven't seen a list yet.

It was reasonably attended

Please don't start a slanging match over the presentation dinner.
I know the guy's that brought it's inception about would not want or need a crap clinging match......

Rob

I Must say the meal and venue was not what I had in mind when the concept was first started, I had thoughts of a little bit more formal and the such, a bit more like at Geelong for those who were there, not sure who organised the venue but you can only work with what came up and for my mind I thought Jamie did a good job. Can only learn from the past and make it better by CONSTRUCTIVE COMENTS (and earlier organisation) next time.Thanks Rob.

Jason

LMAO.............thanks gary, not the only reason i will remember this CC, but definitely a classic moment and getting mugged after leaving it too......;)

Again Congrats on the win.........

I didnt think you noticed when I grabbed your wallet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Sunny men, Shep females and Geelong swhole team for having a great consistant tournament. Played hard but in the right spirits in the mens games.
To the LV Guys , Woz your a great captain to be under, millsy was great to watch a ledgend at work although i am not sure why you want to move up to wodonga? Pup gunna be better than you dad! Bruce i hope you feel that now you are good enough to be there, Stan its always fun to bowl with you man! Boz you always give it your all and great to room with. I know i couldnt produce the goods to help get us across the line this time.

Well done to everyone on an great weekend of bowling. Thankyou to my teammates who made my first year as captain a breeze with their awesomeness, and a HUGE thankyou to Millsy and Wozza who stayed with us girls the whole weekend. Congrats to our newbie Rachel who won the encouragement award u were an absolute star this weekend and will be a valuable asset to Latrobe in the future.
Apology to the boys for getting cranky and yelling at you to **** off :whistling: I'll have cat sounds made at me now for the rest of my life!

Hi All,
Does anyone have a full list of all the inductees?

Rob
I do :D:D:D

Not sure if everyone on my list was inducted though so i need confirmation on that before i attach it. (due to resullts for some years being missing there was a query over a couple of names)

to be a legend, u got to beat a legend, i'm coming after you again kevvy ;)

congratulations to all inductees, its been a pleasure to watch you all perform over the years

Also a link to hall of fame inductees and LEGENDS on my web site (everything else still to be updated)

Back
Top Bottom