Counrty Cup 2005

Country Cup scores/updates

Howdy, y'alls,
Can anyone tell me where to go to get updates of scores for the Country Cup in Geelong?? :?

In 3 Words

Geelong Geelong Geelong - Totally outclassed and outbowled everyone in the mens division and deserved to win.

I dont have a full final result sheet but someone will no doubt post them.

Hope everyone enjoyed their 2 hour drive through Geelong - just what you need after a weekend like that. Just as well we had a bus.

Congratulations to the Geelong teams on their respective victories at Country Cup.

What a finish in the women’s division with Geelong and Sunraysia coming a draw for first them having a one match play off. The Geelong ladies were the final winners with a 4-3 win over the Sunraysia ladies. The spirit this final match was played in was awesome, with both teams to be commended on the sportsmanship that was witnessed by the large crowd of spectators.

Well done to Gordo and his boy's on a mighty effort.

Well done also Terry and his staff at the Geelong bowl and the GTBA on a well run tournament.

Also a good job by the big fella's and their family in the snack shop.

All in all a great weekend of team bowling, with a lot of the old friendly rivalries still smoldering away.

Just been discussing the most embarrassing moment of the weekend and can't figure out which WAS the most embarrassing, me bowling a 136 game and getting flogged by 98 pins by my daughter and 123 pins by my wife or Woza leaving the dreaded 5,7,10 or maybe it was how embarrassed Jason Motta was when Deano walked back from a huge strike and planted a big mushy kiss on his cheek in front of everyone, I think Motta was even more red 'cause his mum saw it. ( he got us back at cards though)

Also well done to the Allstar teams. (in no particular order) Men: Gordo, Jason Way, Deano, Greg Clarke and Anthony Flynn.
Women: Courtney Murdoch, Alicia Garioch, Lisa Garioch, Jodie Motta and Amanda DeLange.

Once again congratulations to the winners, the losers, the managers and coaches, the supporters. Hope to see you all again next year in Bendigo.

Rob

well done to the geelong teams

as for them men, i hear the words along the line of awesome being referred to in regards to their performance

which i would have to agree entirely on

now you all know, what i was talking about when i said, they never bowl to their potential, they don't try and they go soft in the heart

this is what is expected of every geelong team every year, lets hope precedence sets in and this can be the start of something that will last along time

they are that good and they should win every year, this is what i have been saying for years

all i got to say is

"THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME RIGHT"

just a shame i had to lose a few friends over it

congratulations once again on your success

Contratulations to all the winners on the weekend as well as GTBA and the bowl on a well run event.

Being part of the ladies team, I would like to congratulate the Geelong ladies on a tremendous effort and a special mention to Courtney for finishing with an awesome average. It was well deserved.

It was great to see the roll off between Geelong and Sunraysia. It was a shame that there had to be a winner and a runner up (I don't think the term looser is appropirate here) as the sportsmanship displayed by both teams was great.

Well I think after the weekend the Sale ladies have been tagged "The Nuisance Factor" by rolling the Geelong ladies in the second last game, followed by the same result against the Shepparton ladies.

The drive home was something to be desired. We considered heading to Ballarat, as we figured at that rate we should make it just in time for Senior Shield !! It took us an extra 2 hours to get home.

Just to keep you all updated, Rhonda will be part of a special presentation at the bowl tonight. No doubt more details to follow on that..........

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Huge congratulations to Geelong mens and ladies on a great weekend of bowling. Just wondering if anyone could post the final standings for all the teams?
Well done to everyone that competed too!

Ryan,

I was told that results were being posted on the TBA website but on checking, I notice that the results are not the final ones.

I don't have results on me but I will see if I can get a copy off our team manager tonight.

Liz

The crew here at Ballarat would also like to congratulate the Geelong teams for not only a wonderful effort on the lanes but also the staff behind the counter, down the back and particularly in the Cafe. We all had a great time and the spirit of the weekend was competitive but friendly.
Gotta love the way Burnsy rides a messenger

I just hope that Sale can provide the relaxing retirement that Rhonda deserves.

Barbara Anne (the apprentice) has taken up right where Rhonda left off. Haven't been able to wipe the smile off her face since we got back. :wink:

`Til next time

Graeme

Congrats All round to Geelong it was an Awsome performance and they deserved to win

Just trying to decide what was the highlight of the Weekend as there were so many.......The 2 that stand out

Jason Motta And Deano..........That Passionate kiss (I Think Jase actually enjoyed it....lol) that was pretty memorable but the best was the Mighty

WOZA......And his 5,7,10 Leave awsome sight seeing the big fella giving the big ride and stopping dead to mouth those famous words.......Oh Bugger.......well thats close to what he said

A Great Weekend All Round

Cheerz
Kevin

Yeah

Thanks fellas

That was a pretty awesome shot - Nothing but the 5-7-10 it was solid. Thank GOD that it wasn't agaisnt Chucky :wink:

But being the trendsetter that I am I saw about another 8 before the end of the weekend.

Motta wasnt embarrassed by that kiss at all - maybe it was just the coming out of closet that made him go red:wink:

By the way congrats must go to Paige and Dave for the pink creation(Not sure what else to call it). It suited Dave to a tea.

What a weekend!! That lasted hours longer than it should have as it took soooo long to get home!! But as everyone has said congrats to Geelong who took home all the trophies. To the all stars well done on a great weekend of bowling. The atmosphere on the womens roll off game was fantastic and it was a shame that someone had to come second.

Now Woza there is no shame in following in Big Kevs footsteps with the awesome 5,7,10 as Kev hung in Morwell and last night his son followed in his dads footsteps as well leaving those deadly three pins.

In regards to the pink creation and for clarification it was a jacket with tails. All the credit must go to Kevs wife Suzie who did all the work I just had the idea!! And to Andrew and Dave who I'm sure will get good use out of it, I told you it would bring out the colour in your eyes!! You looked great in it Dave!!!

Although I still feel ripped off that Chucky didn't bowl emerson coz he would have been wearing a skirt!!

How many sleeps til next year? Too many! :lol:

if you see these legs in a skirt, you'd get all jealous

although it would wanna be a better shave than the roo boy showed me on saturday night

last time i saw a rash like that, it was on a babies bottom

yeah your right wozza, you are so so so lucky i wasn't around, i would have been in your face all weekend about it, everytime you smiled, i would have been tapping you on the shoulder

not so easy when you have to earn your hook and hitting power hey :wink:

and yes it was me on the other end of the phone, what a tool, i didn't realise until half way thru the phone call that he had supplied a live audience, from 100km away, there was no chance in hell i was bidding on her, why pay for something, you have had for free in the past

still cant believe last year woody kicked her out of bed to let cheryl in, lucky i got a room on my own last year, wonder if his attitude will be the same with barbara.

i can't wait to meet her at emmerson, you ballarat boyz are gonna bowl emmerson aren't you, surely meeting once a year is not enough plus you'd want to redeem yourself after not even getting close to them generous odds i gave you, back to 40/1 next year, although i hear there,s been some negotiating to get 3 bowlers all with a surname beginning with "C" up to bowl a league next year, could this be true ???

Barbara Anne Biggens (Babs) gets pretty busy during the cold Ballarat winter and may find it difficult to tear herself away from her duties to make an appearance at Melton.

If the zone final is in August then we probably won't have enough time to get shirts organised anyway :oops:.

I heard a rumour that we are ordering next years shirts now and we'll emboider them later. Might get a discount if half the team has surnames beginning with C but lets just wait and see. We are a pretty friendly lot here at Ballarat and anybody who wants to bowl league is most welcome. Better make sure they bowl City Champs as well. Wouldn't want any qualification dramas would we :wink:

As for the generous odds, the home side were just too good this year (and rightly so) and we were probably in a position to finish a little higher but only 5 points from the last 3 games just wasn't good enough.
Perhaps it was that disease you spoke of when you quoted those odds. May be in need of a little penicillin next year. Any suggestions Dr Chandler?

Graeme

Back
Top Bottom