can anyone help with exersises?

P

PD186

I have just started bowling and finding I am a bit stiff after a couple of games.

I also have a problem with right sholder & left knee. I would like to try to bulid them up. (bowling lefthanded looks too hard) :D

If anyone can recomond a exersise to help would be apriciated.

Thanks
Phil

Question! do you do any warm up exercises befor a game?
if yes then no sorry I cant help
If no, befor a game try a few streaches of the arms and legs suck as a few squats snt swinging of the arm ect.

No I haven't been doing any warmup so i will give it a try
thank you

Phil
:D

Mainly, you need to make sure you've done a few light stretches on your arms and legs before you bowl. Aim for about 5 stretches, mixing them up each time, of arm and leg stretches. This should help you out. I'm sure that if you asked around, you would be able to find out different types of stretches you can do. Just remember not to do anything too strenous, because you might do yourself an injury before you start.

Hope this helps :D

Bubyee

Rowey :p

Remember that stretching useless if you haven't warmed up first. Thankfully, warming up for bowling isn't that hard. Everytime before I do a full approach I do a couple of warm-up shots. Pick up your ball, and just walk slowly and deliver the ball. I do at least three of these before I do a full approach. Do these, maybe one or two full shots. Then do some basic stretches. Remember to also stretch areas around the trouble area. When I had lower back problems it wasn't cos of my back muscle, rather the muscles in my butt and Quads were too tight and made my back overwork to reach the movement I needed. So for your knees stretch your lower and upper legs and for the shoulder stretch your arms and sides of body. Also, if you only bowl once a week, you might want to try these 3-4 times a week. Once a week won't be enough to make the muscles more flexible and stronger.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse anyone.

Later Da Cowman!

Thank you all for the advise
At this stage I only bowl once a week
I have been doing some exersise but not doing the streatches I am should do as often as I should so you have motivated me to get seious about them again.

I will also try out your idear for warming up sounds like a good idea

again thanks all

Phil

Back
Top Bottom